WhatsApp is a prominent app chosen by many users around the world. It also has 5B+ downloads in the Google Play Store which means nearly half of the world uses this Meta created Platform. You can also use Whatsapp stickers as stickers are a good way to convey your feeling to the other person on the other end. However, many people face issues like WhatsApp Stickers not available. In this article, you will get to know how to fix WhatsApp Stickers Not Showing. Also, you will get to know how to fix WhatsApp stickers not showing after restore Android. So, continue reading.
Ways to Fix WhatsApp Stickers Not Showing
We bring to you a helpful guide that will teach you how to fix WhatsApp stickers not showing after update or after restore Android in detail.
Why is WhatsApp Stickers Not Available?
Here are some of the reasons which can cause this issue:
- The sticker pack isn’t downloaded in WhatsApp that’s why they are not appearing.
- Whatsapp is not updated to the latest version. Outdated apps can cause many problems including this one.
- Necessary permission to WhatsApp is not given, so the app might not get access to download resources which can also create this issue.
- If you have updated the device and asking why WhatsApp stickers not showing after restore Android, then the update might be creating some conflict.
You can try to clear WhatsApp cache data and fix the internet connection to resolve the issue. You can install a WhatsApp sticker pack by following these simple steps:
1. Open Whatsapp and select any chat and tap the emoji icon.
2. Now, select the sticker icon and tap on the plus icon.
3. Choose any sticker pack and tap on the download icon.
How to Fix WhatsApp Stickers Not Showing
Do you know that WhatsApp was not free in the past? However after Facebook, Meta purchased it for 14 billion dollars, and it is now free to use. Meta hasn’t enforced any ads in the app at the time when we are writing this article. However, does that means that you have to face trouble and cannot do anything about that? No free does not mean that you have to endure bad service. There are certain fixes, and you don’t have to spend a cent to use them. Use those fixes and WhatsApp will work fine again.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The said steps were performed on the Motorola G71 5G phone.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
These are some basic troubleshooting, and you should use them first, before trying anything else.
1A. Restart WhatsApp
Closing the app and re-opening it will help to solve the issues immediately. Follow the below-mentioned steps to restart WhatsApp.
1. Close WhatsApp on your Android device.
2. Now, go to the Android screen (hold your Home screen and drag upwards) where all the recently opened applications will be present.
3. Now, tap the X symbol corresponding to WhatsApp.
4. Reopen WhatsApp and check if you face the issue again.
1B. Restart Device
If you are facing the WhatsApp sticker not showing the very first thing you can do is restart your Android. Sometimes restarting can fix these issues. To restart your android read our guide on how to restart or reboot your android phone.
1C. Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Stable internet is important for connecting if you want to use WhatsApp properly. So make sure that your internet connection is not lagging, how to make sure of that? To increase your network speed you case use the methods shared in our article on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone.
1D. Wait for Server Uptime
The problem may be from not your side but the WhatsApp server is down. In that case, you cannot do anything but wait for the WhatsApp Team to fix the server issue. You can check whether the server is active or down by visiting some official sites like Downdetector. Follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to the WhatsApp server status Downdetector page.
2. You must receive User reports indicate no current problems at Whatsapp message.
2A. If you receive the same message, then there are no server-side errors. Follow the methods discussed in this article to fix WhatsApp working issue.
2B. If you monitor any unusual messages, then you have to wait until it is resolved.
1E. Clear WhatsApp Cache
Cache files are temporary files that a system creates for temporary needs. But they are not useful in the long run so you should delete them, else, your app will become big and create unnecessary troubles. Here is the step-by-step guide to fix WhatsApp stickers not showing issue.
1. Open Settings and tap on Apps.
2. Then, tap on WhatsApp.
3. Tap on Storage & cache.
4. Finally tap on Clear cache.
1F. Update WhatsApp
Updating the app is not only useful for getting new features but also removes bugs like the one you are facing right now. So if you haven’t updated the app for quite some time then don’t forget to use the steps below to do it.
1. Open Google Play Store and click on your profile picture.
2. Tap on Manage apps and device.
3. Tap on Update all.
Wait for the process to finish and then open the app again to see if the app is working fine.
1G. Allow Necessary Permissions
Giving necessary permissions is important to make WhatsApp function without creating any issues. If you don’t give access to storage then WhatsApp can misfunction. Follow the steps given below to do so.
1. Open Settings and select Apps.
2. Tap on WhatsApp.
3. Tap on Permissions.
4. Tap on Files and media.
5. Select Allow access to media only.
Method 2: Install WhatsApp Sticker Pack
You can install different sticker packs if you haven’t installed one or the current one is not working. The process to download a sticker pack is pretty straightforward. Here is the guide to help you to solve WhatsApp stickers not showing problem.
1. Open Whatsapp and select any chat.
2. Tap the emoji icon.
3. Select the sticker icon.
4. Tap on the plus icon.
5. Choose any sticker pack and tap on the download icon.
Note: You can check which stickers you’ve from the MY STICKER Option.
Method 3: Reinstall WhatsApp
Sometimes the app may be facing some problems on your device. In that case, you can try to uninstall it and then reinstall the app and that might do the trick and solve your problem, whatsapp stickers not showing after update.
Note: To back up and restore your WhatsApp data, follow our guide on How to Transfer old WhatsApp chats to your new Phone. If you have backed up your data, follow the below-mentioned steps to reinstall WhatsApp.
1. Open Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp.
2. Tap on WhatsApp Messenger.
3. Tap on Uninstall.
4. Now, again search for WhatsApp on Play Store and tap on Install.
5. After the app gets installed tap on Open.
6. Finally, restore your data (if you want to do so) and check if you can fix WhatsApp stickers not showing after restore Android issue.
Method 4: Use Older WhatsApp Version
You may be using a beta version of WhatsApp. Beta versions are for testing purposes, but Google Play Store allows you to download them for getting access to the new features before other users do. However, as Beta versions are not stable they can create problems like WhatsApp stickers not showing after update. In that case, install a previous version and things might get right again. But there’s a problem; you cannot download a previous version from Google Play Store and you have to use a third-party app store.
Note: We do not endorse any external app store for downloading any third-party apps. Please download them on your discreet.
1. Open APK Mirror in your browser.
2. Search for WhatsApp in the search bar.
3. Select the WhatsApp version which you want to download and tap on the download button.
4. Tap on SEE AVAILABLE DOWNLOADS.
5. Tap on the download icon beside a previous version.
6. Tap DOWNLOAD APK.
7. Tap on Download anyway.
Also Read: Fix WhatsApp Status Not Showing on Android
Method 5: Use WhatsApp Bussiness
If you are using the normal version of WhatsApp and facing difficulty then try to use WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp stickers not showing after restore Android problem might get solved. However what if you are using WhatsApp Bussiness? Then use normal WhatsApp. Both the Business and normal version has almost the same functionalities. Only for business, there are some advanced features beneficial for businesses. So you won’t feel any difficulty shifting one from the other. WhatsApp Business is available for both, Android and iOS.
Method 6: Use WhatsApp on Other Devices
If you are using WhatsApp on your phone then try to use it on your computer. You can use WhatsApp Web instead of the app to solve WhatsApp stickers not showing issue. Changing the OS might fix the problem. However, if you don’t have access to any other device then read the other methods mentioned below.
Method 7: Contact WhatsApp Support
If none of the methods listed above have helped you then you can try contacting Whatsapp support. There are two methods to contact WhatsApp, either you can contact them from Twitter or their official support page. Describe your problem and tag them if you are contacting them from Twitter.
- 9 Ways to Fix Roblox Error Code 529
- How to Change Age on Discord
- Can You See Who Screenshotted Your WhatsApp Status?
- How Can I Create WhatsApp Account without Phone Number
We hope that after reading this article your problem of WhatsApp stickers not showing is now solved. If you still have any problems then don’t forget to mention them in the comment section below. You can also suggest us a new topic and we will try to write a dedicated article on it. Save our site to your bookmarks for future reference. Thank you for reading.