TikTok is a short video hosting service developed by a Chinese company. It is one of the most popular short video content creating app. If you are facing no network connection error in TikTok while using the app, then do not worry. We have a helpful guide that will teach you how to fix TikTok no internet connection error on your device. So, continue reading the article to solve TikTok unstable internet connection problem.
- How to Fix TikTok No Internet Connection Error
- Method 1: Use VPN
- Method 2: Restart TikTok App
- Method 3: Update TikTok App
- Method 4: Troubleshoot Network Connection
- Method 5: Clear TikTok Cache Data
- Method 6: Allow TikTok App Permissions
- Method 7: Reinstall TikTok App
- Method 8: Contact TikTok Support
How to Fix TikTok No Internet Connection Error
Many reasons are there that case no internet error on TikTok app. In this article, we have shown a step-by-step solution to solve the network error on your TikTok app.
But before going through the troubleshooting methods, you must ensure there is no TikTok server outage. Hence, to verify if TikTok servers are running or not, visit the TikTok server status Downdetector page check if users have reported any server problems or not.
If the servers are up and running then, go through the following methods and follow the steps listed below to fix TikTok no internet connection issue.
Method 1: Use VPN
If TikTok is banned in your region, then you can use a VPN app to fix no network connection error in TikTok app. You can use any VPN app (e.g. NordVPN) to change your location. Read our guide to get NordVPN account for free.
Note: As Android phones do not have the same settings and these settings differ for each brand, the steps mentioned below may change slightly from your device. All the steps mentioned below have been performed on Honor Play smartphone.
Method 2: Restart TikTok App
The most basic thing to do is restart the TikTok app to fix TikTok no internet connection error on your device. Following are the steps for restarting the TikTok app on your Android device.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Click on Apps setting.
3. Here, navigate to the list of apps installed on your device.
4. Open the TikTok app info.
5. Here, tap on FORCE STOP option.
6. Then, reboot your device and launch the TikTok app again.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Comments on TikTok
Method 3: Update TikTok App
If the TikTok app is outdated, you may face errors and bugs like TikTok unstable internet connection. TikTok launches regular update patches to keep the app bug free. So, try to update the TikTok app on your device to the latest version to fix TikTok no internet connection problem.
1. Launch the Google Play Store app.
2. Now, tap on the alphabet icon at the top.
3. Next, tap on Manage apps & device.
4. Open the Updates available option.
5. Locate TikTok app and tap on the Update option.
Method 4: Troubleshoot Network Connection
Another main reason for no network connection error in TikTok is your unstable internet connection. If your Wi-Fi router has any temporary bugs or errors, then also this issue may occur on your device. So, you need to reboot the router to remove any temporary errors. Also, you need to ensure that all the network configurations are proper to have a stable internet connection. Here is our ultimate Android smartphone troubleshooting guide where you can follow the steps in the method to troubleshoot the network connectivity.
Method 5: Clear TikTok Cache Data
Another method to fix TikTok no internet connection error is to clear the app cache data. Here are the steps to clear the corrupt cache data of TikTok app on your Android smartphone.
Note: The steps stated below are performed on Vivo 1920.
1. Launch your device Settings.
2. Navigate to Apps & permissions setting and tap on the App manager option.
3. Now, Locate and tap on the TikTok app.
4. Then, tap on Storage.
5. Finally, select the Clear cache option.
Method 6: Allow TikTok App Permissions
If the TikTok app has no essential permissions, then this may cause No network connection error in TikTok app. Hence, follow these steps to provide the necessary permissions to the app.
1. Navigate to the TikTok app info.
2. Here, tap on Permissions.
3. Now, toggle on the permissions that are required.
Also Read: Where Do You Find the Bio on TikTok?
Method 7: Reinstall TikTok App
You can reinstall the app to fix no network connection error in TikTok problem. This can solve no network connection error in TikTok issue. Following are the steps to reinstall the TikTok app from Google Play Store app.
1. Open Google Play Store in your smartphone.
2. Tap on the Profile icon.
3. Then, select Manage apps and device.
4. Move to the Manage tab, tick the TikTok app, and tap on the trash icon at the top.
5. Here, select the Uninstall button and wait for the app to be uninstalled.
6. Then, search for TikTok app.
7. Finally, tap on the Install option to reinstall the TikTok app.
Also Read: How to Text on TikTok Without Phone Number
Method 8: Contact TikTok Support
As a final step, you can visit the TikTok Help Center to fix TikTok no internet connection issue. This is the last resort to solve TikTok unstable internet connection error on your smartphone. You can directly contact the support team and tell them the issue that you are facing while using the TikTok app on your device. The support team will get back to you with a solution to solve your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What causes TikTok no internet connection error?
Ans. There may be many factors that can cause this error like unstable network, corrupt cache data, temporary bugs etc.
Q2. Is TikTok banned from Google Play Store?
Ans. No, the TikTok app is not banned from Google Play Store. But it is not available in some countries like India. However, TikTok is available in more than 150 countries.
Q3. How to Solve TikTok no network connection Error?
Ans. You can try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi router and ensure that you have a proper internet connection, else try the above solutions to fix the error.
- Fix AppHangB1 Error on Steam
- How to Make Two Phones Call Each Other
- How to Find Someone on TikTok with Phone Number
- How to Find Someone on TikTok Without Username
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix TikTok no internet connection. Let us know which method worked for you the best to fix no network connection error in TikTok. And, in case of any queries/suggestions, then please feel free to drop them in the comments section below.