Windows 11 was released in October 2021 worldwide with a lot of bugs and errors. This is most evident with the new OS, especially the drivers who are still in the testing phase. Recently many users have been complaining about Realtek audio console not enhancing audio in Windows 11 like headphone virtualization, loudness equalization, etc. for headphones, speakers, and other such devices. So, today we bring a perfect guide that will help you to fix Realtek audio console not working in Windows 11.
How to Fix Realtek Audio Console Not Working in Windows 11
Realtek Audio console not working issue have risen after people upgraded to Windows 11 and weren’t there in Windows 10. Though Microsoft has been constantly working on improving Windows 11 and the recent version has attained much stability as compared to initial versions. However, you may still face the said issue. There can be a lot of reasons which can lead to problems with the Realtek audio console, a handful of such reasons are listed down as follows for you to get an idea about the scenario;
- Damaged peripherals or outdated devices
- Connectivity issues with the device, damaged cable wires
- Drivers corrupt or outdated for the specific device
- Mismanaged audio settings or disruption in driver installation due to the presence of an unwanted application interfering with the background process
- Loose connection at the cabinet end of the system failing to complete the circuit.
- Wrongly inserted cables to incorrect ports
Usually, one of these reasons may be causing Realtek audio console not working on Windows 11 properly problem. To rectify these, let’s move forward with the methods
Method 1: Basic Hardware Troubleshooting
To start from the very basic, check the connectivity of the devices you’ve plugged in. Follow the given points to do so.
- Go to the cabinet of your system or the dock board and check if the connections are done properly.
- Untangle and reconnect the wire if so, might be straining the cables.
- Also, check your system in case of muted or low leveled audio which is done by some applications to optimize the system for comfortable hearing experiences.
- Plugging out and reconnecting the device should also be performed to verify.
This method could fix the basic issues with the connectivity of the peripherals, but if this wasn’t the case, proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Run Playing Audio Troubleshooter
Troubleshooting the audio might sometimes fix all the persistent problems with the audio on the system. To try them out, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Search icon, type troubleshoot settings, and click on Open.
2. Here, click on Other troubleshooters under the Troubleshooting options.
3. Locate Playing Audio and click on Run on the right to start the troubleshooter.
4. Now, select the Realtek audio device and click on the Next button.
5. Wait for the troubleshooter to detect the problems.
6. Apply the fix if there are any issues as instructed by the troubleshooter.
7. Restart the PC after making changes.
Open your audio console and choose your settings to check the audio whether the issue of Realtek audio console is not working got fixed.
Also Read: Fix Low Microphone Volume in Windows 11
Method 3: Set Default Audio Device
Multiple audio devices can sometimes lead to misbehavior, thus might lead to Realtek audio console not enhancing audio. Follow these steps to set your specific audio input/output as a default device for your system.
1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the Taskbar overflow section and select Sound settings, as illustrated below.
2. Click on More sound settings under Advanced section.
3. Click on the Playback tab on the Sound window.
4. Locate Realtek audio device in the list, click on it and choose Set default options below.
5. Click on Apply > OK to save changes and close the window.
Open the console, set your desired settings, and check the audio too if this fixed Realtek audio console not enhancing audio. If this didn’t solve, proceed to the next method.
Method 4: Verify the Audio Output
This can sound silly but confirming the correct audio output can be equally important in case you’ve multiple audio outputs connected. Sometimes repeated failed attempts of optimizing the audio device by overlooking these little details keep you struck for hours not leading you to the desired audio outputs. To verify this,
1. Click on the search icon, type Realtek audio console, and click on Open.
2. On the left pane, click on Realtek HD Audio output from the listed devices.
3. Now make the desired audio changes for the device and close the application.
4. Then, play any random music after choosing your desired settings in the console and check if still the issue remains. If this didn’t work, proceed with the next method.
Method 5: Change Realtek Audio Device Format
Improving the sound quality for the audio output can be advised by choosing the best studio quality available in Windows to cure this problem. To do so, follow these simple steps:
1. Navigate to Sound settings > More sound settings > Sound window as shown in Method 3.
2. Right-click on Realtek audio device and select Properties.
3. Click on the Advanced tab and select the drop-down menu under the Default format.
4. Then, select the 2 channel, 24 bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) from the dropdown options.
5. Click on Apply > OK to save changes.
Check the settings on the audio console and play any audio to check if Realtek audio console not enhancing audio is fixed.
Method 6: Reinstall Audio Service
Here are the steps to reinstall audio service to fix Realtek audio console not enhancing audio on Windows 11 problem.
1. Click on the Search icon, type services, and click on Open.
2. On the Services window, scroll down the list in front to locate the Windows Audio service and check its Status tab.
3A. If the Status tab says Stopped, then click on the Start option on the Windows Audio section.
3B. If the Status tab says Running, click on the Restart option as highlighted in the given pic below.
4. Now, restart the following services too by repeating the above steps.
- Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
- Remote Procedure Call
Method 7: Update Audio Driver
A pending update for the audio driver would restrict further work by other applications related to it. To check this, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Search icon, type device manager, and click on Open.
2. Double click on Audio inputs and outputs to expand and view the installed drivers.
3. Right-click on your audio driver and select the Update driver option.
4. Click on Search automatically for drivers to download and update the driver automatically.
5A. If any updates are available, then Windows will download and install them.
5B. If your driver is updated then, you will receive the message The best drivers for your device are already installed. Click on the search for updated drivers on Windows Update option.
6. Then, select Advanced options in the right pane of the Windows Update menu.
7. Click on the Optional updates option under Additional options.
8. If there are any updates available then, they will be listed here. Find the audio driver update and check the box next to it.
9. Then, click on Download & install.
10. Finally, restart your PC after installing the updates.
Method 8: Reinstall Audio Driver
If all these methods didn’t work, the installed drivers might be the problem, and reinstalling would fix Realtek audio console not enhancing audio in Windows 11 problem. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Search icon, type device manager and click Open.
2. In the device manager window, double click on Audio inputs and outputs to expand it.
3. Right-click on audio driver and click on Uninstall device from the context menu.
4. In the Uninstall Device confirmation prompt, click on Uninstall.
5. Then, restart your PC.
6. Download the latest Realtek audio driver from the official website.
Note: You can also select the compatible driver for your system from the Intel Driver and Support Assistant page.
7. Go to the location where you downloaded the driver setup file.
8A. In case the downloaded file is executable, double click on .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install Realtek audio driver on Windows 11.
8B. If the downloaded file is in formats like .zip or .rar, use an archive extraction application like 7Zip or WinRAR. After extracting the contents of the archive, double-click on the executable setup file and install the driver.
Now, check Realtek audio console is working or not.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows 11 Webcam Not Working
Method 9: Perform System Restore
If none of the above methods fix Realtek audio console not working on Windows 11 problem. Then, you should restore your system back to when the issue did not exist. Follow these steps to perform a System resote.
1. Click on the Search icon, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by: > Large icons and click on the Recovery option, as depicted.
3. Then, click on Open System Restore.
4A. Now, choose Recommended restore and select Next in the System Restore window. And, click on Next.
4B. Alternatively, you can manually Choose a different restore point. Then, select latest restore point to restore your computer to the point when you were not facing the issue. Click on Next.
Note: You can click on Scan for affected programs to see the list of applications that will be affected by restoring the computer to the previously set restore point. Click on Close to close the newly opened window.
5. Finally, click on Finish to start the System Restore.
- How to Fix Firefox Not Loading Pages
- How to Find Someone’s Amazon Wish List
- How to Fix Audio Buzzing in Windows 11
- How to Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 11
With this article, we hope you were able to fix Realtek audio console not working in Windows 11. A couple of these methods are feasible for the issue, tell us in the comment section below which of these methods work for you and if there are further queries.