PlayStation 4 is a video game console made by Sony Computer Entertainment. If you have a PS4, then you can connect with the online world from PlayStation Network. There are features like PlayStation Store and PlayStation Plus to play games with online players on your console. However, there are a few issues you may face while connecting to the PlayStation Network. One such is PS4 error WS 37431 8. This error code occurs when you are unable to connect to the online server. In this article, we bring to you a helpful guide that will teach you how to fix PS4 error code WS 37431 8 issue on your console. So, continue reading!
How to Fix PS4 error code WS 37431 8
PS4 error WS 37431 8 usually is seen when your system software update files are not recognized by the console and have failed. There may be other reasons too that can cause this error code. Below we have listed the troubleshooting methods to fix this problem so that you can connect with your online friends and play your favorite games on the PS4 console.
Before trying any given solution, you must visit the PSN Service Status page to ensure that there is no server outage and everything is running properly.
If all services are up and running properly, then follow these methods to fix the error.
Method 1: Reboot Router
Firstly, try restarting your Wi-Fi router to fix any bugs or glitches with your network connection. Follow the steps listed below to reboot your router.
1. Press the Power button on the router.
2. Then, disconnect the power cable of your router and wait for a few minutes.
3. Now, reconnect the power cable and switch on the Wi-Fi router.
4. Wait until the network connection is re-established and connect to your network again.
Method 2: Rebuild PS4 Database
Rebuilding the database will fix the files if they have been corrupt. This may solve PS4 error WS 37431 8 issue. Following are the steps to rebuild the PlayStation database.
1. Hold the PS4 Power button for 10-20 seconds and ensure the console beeps twice.
2. Then, connect the DualShock 4 controller to your PS4 console and press the PS4 button.
3. Now, press the X button in the controller.
4. Finally, select the Rebuild Database option as shown in the pic below.
5. Wait until the process is completed and PS4 console boots up.
6. Now, reconnect your PS4 and check if you have fixed PS4 error code WS 37431 8 or not.
Also Read: 10 Ways to Fix PS4 Keeps Turning Off
Method 3: Change MTU Settings
Another method to fix PS4 WS 37431 8 error code is to change the MTU network setting. Follow the steps listed below to do so.
1. Open PS4 Settings from the Home.
2. Select the Network setting.
3. Then, go to the Set up Internet Connection menu and select the Use Wi-Fi option.
4. Configure your network connection from the Custom option.
5. Choose the Wi-Fi connection.
6. Change the IP Address Settings to Automatic.
7. Next, choose the Do Not Specify option for DHCP.
8. Then, select the Automatic option for DNS Settings.
9. Now, select Manual option for MTU Settings.
10. Here, enter 1473 MTU number and select Next.
11. Under Proxy Server, select the Do Not Use option.
Also Read: Fix PS4 WiFi Proxy Server Error
Method 4: Change DNS Settings
If the above methods did not fix PS4 error code WS 37431 8, then you need to change the DNS setting of your network. Here are the steps to change DNS setting in the PS4 console.
1. Navigate to the Network Settings as shown in Method 3.
2. Then, select the Set Up Internet Connection option.
3. Select the Use Wi-Fi or Use a LAN Cable option.
4. Here, choose the Custom option.
5. Then, select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
6. Choose the Automatic IP Address Settings.
7. Next, select Do Not Specify in the DHCP Settings.
8. Now, select the Manual option for DNS Settings.
9. Enter the Primary DNS as 188.8.131.52 and Secondary DNS as 184.108.40.206 respectively.
10. Then, select the Next option.
11. Change the MTU Settings to Automatic.
12. Select the Do Not Use option in the Proxy Server.
13. Finally, select Test Internet Connection option to check if your network connection is properly configured or not.
Also Read: Fix PS4 Error CE-34788-0
Method 5: Reset PS4 Console
As a last resort to fix PS4 WS 37431 8 error code, you can reset the PS4 console. Follow the steps listed below to reset the console.
Note: This will delete all data from the system storage. So, you need to create a backup before performing this method.
1. Launch the PS4 Settings menu.
2. Here, select Initialization option.
3. Here, choose to Initialize PS4.
4. Now, select the Full option to completely delete the system storage data.
5. Finally, select the Initialize option.
6. Lastly, select the Yes option to begin the Initialization process.
Note: It may take hours to reset your console.
- How to Play Tridle
- Fix Xbox One Error 0x80a40019
- Fix PS4 Error CE 42555 1 Issue
- How to Boot Someone Offline on PS4
We hope that this article helped you to fix the said server could not be reached PS4 error code WS 37431 8 problem on your console. Please let us know which one of the given methods worked for you. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share them in the comment section below.