Netflix is a popular OTT platform where you can watch your favorite shows and movies. However, you may face some audio issues while watching Netflix on your Smart TV. This is a common issue among the users and can be fixed by applying a few troubleshooting methods. We bring to you a helpful guide that will fix Netflix audio out of sync on TV like Samsung. So, continue reading!
Table of Contents
- How to Fix Netflix Audio Out of Sync on Smart TV
- Basic Troubleshooting Method: Restart Smart TV
- Method 1: Set HDMI Audio Format to PCM Mode (On Samsung TV)
- Method 2: Set Audio Format to Dolby Mode (On Samsung TV)
- Method 3: Disable Dolby Digital Setting (On Apple TV)
- Method 4: Disable Match Frame Rate (On Apple TV)
- Method 5: Change HDMI Output (On Apple TV)
- Method 6: Alter Display Mode (On Apple TV)
- Method 7: Change Audio Settings Format (On Apple TV)
- Method 8: Disable Volume Mode (On Roku)
- Method 9: Edit Audio Settings (On Roku)
- Method 10: Set Dolby Digital to PCM (On TiVo)
How to Fix Netflix Audio Out of Sync on Smart TV
Below we have listed the reasons for Netflix audio out of sync on TV, including Samsung Smart TV or Apple TV.
- Improper setting in the Streaming device: The Streaming device, such as Smart TV, may have been configured with the wrong specifications like Match Frame Rate.
- Improper Netflix settings: The Netflix may have been configured with improper settings and might not be supported by the device like HD Streaming or using Stereo audio.
- Unstable Internet connection: Since Netflix is an online platform that requires a stable Internet connection, you may experience audio out of sync if you are using an unstable internet connection.
- Outdated OS of the Streaming device: The Operating System of the Streaming device decides the streaming quality of the Netflix platform. Using an outdated OS may not give you uninterrupted and disturbance-free streaming.
- Outdated Netflix app: If the Netflix app is not updated on your Streaming device, you may not be able to have a good streaming experience and may have an audio out of sync error.
We have first listed methods to fix Netflix audio out of sync Samsung TV and then for Apple TV, Roku, and TiVo.
Basic Troubleshooting Method: Restart Smart TV
You can try restarting your streaming device to fix Netflix audio out of sync on TV issue. Or, you can force restart the device by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it again after some time.
Method 1: Set HDMI Audio Format to PCM Mode (On Samsung TV)
You can modify HDMI Audio setting to fix Netflix audio out of sync error on Samsung TV.
1. Open the Settings on your Samsung TV and open the Sound setting.
2. Select the Expert Settings tab from the menu.
3. Here, select HDMI Audio Format option and set it to PCM as depicted below.
Method 2: Set Audio Format to Dolby Mode (On Samsung TV)
Similarly, you can adjust audio formats to PCM or Dolby mode to fix Netflix audio out of sync Samsung TV issue as follows:
1. Navigate to Settings > Sound > Expert Settings as explained above.
2. Here, set Audio Format option to one of the following modes:
- Dolby Digital (Recommended)
- DTS Neo 2:5
If you are using an Apple TV, you can try the methods mentioned below to fix the Netflix audio out of sync error on your TV.
Also Read: How to Delete Netflix Profile
Method 3: Disable Dolby Digital Setting (On Apple TV)
If you have set the audio output to be in Dolby Digital form, you may experience some syncing issues with the audio.
1. Open TV Settings from the Apple TV home screen and select the Video and Audio option.
2. Select the option Off for the Dolby Digital setting in the section to disable the Dolby Digital setting.
Method 4: Disable Match Frame Rate (On Apple TV)
The Match Frame Rate setting on your Apple TV allows the TV to set the audio output to be synced with the video output by matching the frame rate of the video. This setting may, however, disturb the normal streaming on the Netflix platform.
1. Open TV Settings and go to Video and Audio settings.
2. Select the setting Match Content from the list as shown.
3. Turn off the setting titled Match Frame Rate in the list to disable the setting.
Also Read: How to Use Your Smartphone as a TV Remote
Method 5: Change HDMI Output (On Apple TV)
You can try changing the HDMI output of the Apple TV to solve the sync issue.
1. Navigate to Apple TV Settings > Video and Audio as earlier.
2. Select the option YCbCr in the HDMI Output tab to change the output.
Method 6: Alter Display Mode (On Apple TV)
You can try changing the display mode of the Apple TV to fix the issue and choose any other mode to fix the syncing issue.
1. Navigate to Apple TV Settings > Video and Audio as depicted below.
2. Open the Format setting and set the Dolby Vision to 24Hz to change the display mode.
3. In the CALIBRATION section, select the Wireless Audio Sync to run the setting.
Note: You can also calibrate Audio and Video screen by adjusting the settings to fix Netflix audio out of sync on TV issue.
Also Read: How to Cast Popcorn Time to Smart TV
Method 7: Change Audio Settings Format (On Apple TV)
You can try formatting the audio on the Apple TV on the selected audio to fix the audio sync issue.
1. Open TV Settings from Apple TV home screen and select Video and Audio settings.
2. Select the option Audio Format in the menu displayed.
3. Select the option Change Format from the list.
4. On the next screen, confirm the selection by selecting Change Format > New Format as illustrated below.
4. Choose Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo from the given options.
5. Restart Netflix and play the movie to see if the issue is cleared.
Method 8: Disable Volume Mode (On Roku)
The Volume mode lets you hear the sounds with consistency across all platforms. Thus, you can try disabling the Volume mode on the Roku device to fix the issue.
1. Open Netflix on Roku and play a movie/show on the platform.
2. Press the * key on the Roku remote.
3. Open the Sound Settings for Roku.
4. Click on the arrows next to the Volume mode setting to turn it off as depicted below.
Also Read: 10 Best Screen Mirroring App for Android to Roku
Method 9: Edit Audio Settings (On Roku)
You can edit and alter the Audio settings on the Roku device to fix Netflix video and audio out of sync on Windows PC or TV issue as follows:
1. Open the Settings on the device and open the Audio section.
2. Select the option HDMI on the next screen.
3. Select the option titled PCM-Stereo from the menu displayed.
Note: If setting the audio to PCM-Stereo doesn’t fix the issue, try selecting the Dolby Digital option instead.
Also Read: How to Fix Netflix Error Code M7111-1101
Method 10: Set Dolby Digital to PCM (On TiVo)
If you are using the TiVo Digital Video recorder to stream Netflix movies, you can fix the Netflix audio out of sync error by enabling Stereo sound in the settings.
1. Open the TiVo Central on the TiVo home screen and select Settings & Messages as shown.
2. Select Settings > Audio & Video Settings on the next screen.
3. Select Dolby Digital and set Dolby Digital to PCM to fix this issue.
- Fix Screen Mirroring That’s Not Working on Android
- Fix Netflix Audio and Picture Out of Sync on Android
- How to Fix Samsung TV Wi-Fi Connection Issues
- Fix Vizio Remote Not Working
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Netflix audio out of sync issue on Samsung TV, Apple TV, Roku, or TiVo. Drop your queries or suggestions in the comments section below.