If you are new to Popcorn Time and wondering about its availability on Smart TV, then here is the guide on how to cast Popcorn Time to Smart TV. Popcorn Time is a video streaming platform that has a giant library consisting of movies and series from all over the world. Are you craving anime or any foreign language series? Don’t worry, everything is available on Popcorn Time. You can stream your favorite shows in HD quality without any subscription on Popcorn Time. Many people have no idea how to stream Popcorn Time to TV so, follow the guide carefully.
Table of Contents
How to Cast Popcorn Time to Smart TV
The interesting fact behind Popcorn Time is that its source code was available on their website for free. Later on, all the contributors from different parts of the world localized the source code and made it available in 44 languages. Moreover, it is a known fact that Popcorn Time is an alternative for Netflix. To enjoy Netflix, you need a subscription, and some shows would not be available in your country Netflix due to geographical restrictions. But using Popcorn Time, you can watch shows that you missed in your country for free.
Why Should You Use Popcorn Time?
People like Popcorn Time and download it for various reasons. Some of them are:
- No subscription is needed.
- No need to face any license issues.
- Open-source media player
- Easy to use.
How to Download Popcorn Time
The official website of Popcorn Time offers download links to all your devices. Check out the Popcorn Time website to download Popcorn Time to your device and fix how to cast Popcorn Time to smart TV.
Note: Download the Popcorn Time from the official website. Many other fraud websites are present having the same name as Popcorn Time.
In 2015, Chromecast gave support to Popcorn Time. Now all the versions of Popcorn Time display movies or series to any Chromecast device on your network. Continue reading to know how to stream Popcorn Time to smart TV.
Note: Make sure your Chromecast is active and is accessible to the same Wi-Fi network as your streaming device.
Method 1: On Windows
Follow the below steps carefully to cast Popcorn Time to your TV from Windows PC.
1. Go to the Popcorn Time official site.
2. Click on the Popcorn Time Windows button. The installation files start to download to your desktop.
3. Once the software is installed after the setup process, click on the Finish option.
4. Choose any movie, anime, or show and click on the WATCH IT NOW option.
5. Now, click on the Chromecast icon on the tab below.
6. Select your device and stream the content.
You can stream your favorite shows or series on your Chromecast TV and start your binge-watching.
Method 2: On Mac
How to cast Popcorn Time to smart TV by using Mac, follow this guide to stream popcorn time to TV on Mac.
1. Visit the Popcorn Time download page and scroll down the page.
2. Click on the Popcorn Time Mac button. The installation files start to download to your desktop.
3. Once the software is installed after the setup process, select the Save button.
4. Choose any movie, anime, indie, or show and navigate to the WATCH IT NOW button.
5. Click the Chromecast icon and choose your device from the list.
Note: If your Chromecast is not available on the list. Make sure your Chromecast is active.
6. Now, click on the Play button.
Also Read: Fix Miracast Not Working on Windows 10
Method 3: On Linux
Some users face difficulty and wonder about how to stream popcorn time to TV by Linux. But watching Popcorn Time on Linux is the same as Mac and Windows. Follow the steps below:
1. Visit the Popcorn Time website.
2. For Linux users, download Popcorn Time Linux.
3. Install and launch Popcorn Time.
4. Repeat Steps 4-6 of Method 2.
Note: If your Chromecast doesn’t work, close and relaunch Popcorn Time and follow the above steps to see the option to cast streams.
Now, watch your favorite shows.
Method 4: On Android
Popcorn Time android Chromecast receives strong support from developers. As many users use Popcorn Time through phones, it has become quite popular. But Popcorn Time is not available on the Play Store yet, so you need to download it from its official website. Follow the given steps to stream popcorn time to TV on Android.
Note: Make sure that the Power Saving Mode is off on your android.
1. Download the Popcorn Time APK file from a third-party website.
2. Then, install the downloaded APK file on your device.
3. Open the Popcorn Time app after installing.
4. Here, tap on Allow for Allow from this source options.
5. Now, select a movie or TV show to watch.
6. Next, swipe down the notification slider and tap on the Cast icon.
7. Finally, choose a device you would like to cast.
Now, after the device is connected, you can stream your favorite shows or movies on TV.
Also Read: How to Download MyIPTV Player
Method 5: On iOS
Popcorn Time does not have an official version. Before installing GarageBand or Popcorn Time on your iOS device, make sure you follow the below steps:
1. Launch your Settings app.
2. Tap on the General options option.
3. Scroll down to find the Background app refresh option.
4. Select Background App Refresh.
5. Then, select Wi-Fi & Cellular Data option from the list.
6. Go to the iTweak website.
7. Search for Popcorn Time on iTweak.
8. Tap on the Start injection option. You can see all the files will start to compile onto your device.
9. On the installation page, follow the instructions to install Popcorn Time on your device.
After installation, you need to Restart your device.
Now you can see Popcorn Time has been installed on the iOS device. You can stream your favorite shows or movies.
Note: You can even download Popcorn Time app from their official website all you need to do is connect your iOS device to your Mac or Windows through a USB cable and install iOS Installer, then follow the instructions to download the app.
Method 6: On Fire TV Stick
Apart from Chromecast, if you have Fire TV Stick, plug it into your TV and, you want Popcorn Time content on your Fire TV Stick. Here’s how to do it.
1. Go to the Fire TV home screen.
2. Search for Downloader.
3. Then, select the Download button to install the Downloader program.
4. After installing, open the program and go to the Browser menu.
5. Here, type the given URL and click on Go.
6. Then, download and install the Popcorn Time app.
7. Finally, open the program and you can select and watch your favorite shows or movies.
Also Read: Fix Family Sharing YouTube TV Not Working
Is Popcorn Time Legal or Illegal?
This question is most common and popular among all the viewers of Popcorn Time. Popcorn Time app itself is legal. But the content you watch might be intended illegal if you are country has strict laws on piracy. Ultimately the Popcorn Time legality depends on your local laws. However, you can save yourself from any harm by downloading a trusted VPN. It is safe to watch the shows or movies on Popcorn Time in anonymity. Read our article on 15 Best VPN for Google Chrome To Access Blocked Sites.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Does Popcorn Time works on Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Chromebook?
Ans: The App is available only for Windows, Linux32, Linux64, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Q2: Is VPN mandatory to watch shows on Popcorn Time?
Ans: No, it is not mandatory to use VPN. But it is not safe to use Popcorn Time without a VPN.
Q3: Can we watch shows offline on Popcorn Time?
Ans: Initial versions of Popcorn Time had offline services, but the latest version of Popcorn Time does not work offline. You need a data connection or Wi-Fi.
- How to Manually Add Game to GeForce Experience
- How to Reset Spectrum Remote
- How to Cast iPhone to Firestick
- How to Cast to Firestick from Windows PC
The above methods should help you to know how to cast Popcorn Time to Smart TV. We hope that this guide on popcorn time android Chromecast was helpful. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comment section.