While Netflix has evolved to become the biggest streaming partner, some error messages still pertain that might be disturbing for the audience. One message that disrupts the streaming experience is Netflix 5.7 error. The major reason or the instance in which the error message occurs might be ironic. The error message, Netflix error 5.7.1, usually occurs when the user is trying to access the downloaded media content using a Wi-Fi connection. Though the occurrence may be strange enough, the issues and glitches in the streaming platform may be a major reason for the error. This article aims to answer the question of how to fix Netflix error 5.7 on Windows PC.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix Netflix 5.7 Error on Windows 10
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issues
- Method 3: Restart Netflix App
- Method 4: Disable VPN and Proxy Services
- Method 5: Reset Windows DNS Settings
- Method 6: Update Windows
- Pro Tip: Reset Samsung Smart Hub to fix Netflix 5.7 Error (Samsung TV)
How to Fix Netflix 5.7 Error on Windows 10
The following are the possible reasons for which the error message may occur on Netflix streaming.
- Netflix Account is not refreshed- The Netflix account might not be refreshed or must be hung in the partial download or any other setting modification activity.
- Overloaded search results- If you have attempted to search for the name of the movie or the TV show on the search bar repetitively times, you may face this error.
- Issue with Netflix Server- The server of the Netflix platform may be under maintenance or may be inactive.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
To fix the error, you can follow the basic troubleshooting methods given here to eliminate and eradicate the glitches that cause the error message.
1A. Restart PC
The first method to fix Netflix 5.7 error is to restart your Windows PC forcibly to clear all the glitches and incomplete instances in the background.
1. Press the Alt + F4 keys at the same time
2. Now, select the Restart option in the drop-down menu
3. Press Enter key.
1B. Check Compatibility of Netflix Platform
The next major reason for any repetitive issue is the incompatibility of the Netflix streaming platform with the Web Browser you are streaming. As stated on the official website, the following web browsers are compatible to support the streaming of the Netflix platform.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (For Mac Users)
1C. Check Number of Users
If you have a premium subscription, Netflix permits you to let multiple users stream on the platform. In this case, there might be a conflict with the user control and you may not be able to stream all the content in the offline mode. In such a case, you can check the number of active users in the Netflix account and limit them to accessing the media content.
1D. Check Number of Downloads in Progress
Another possible reason for the error is the numerous downloads in the Netflix app. If many downloads are in progress simultaneously, you might face Netflix 5.7 error. You can check if the number of downloads in the app is minimal.
In this case, you can cancel all other downloads in the download section and let the download of a particular content take place.
Also Read: 5 Netflix Proxy Detected Error Fix
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issues
A stable and high-speed internet connection is a must to stream content on the Netflix platform without Netflix error 5.7.1. You can perform the following methods to check if the internet connectivity issue is resolved.
2A. Check Speed of Internet Connection
As an answer to the question of how to fix Netflix error 5.7, you have to investigate the potential of the internet connection. The first method is to check if the internet connection speed is sufficient to support streaming or downloading. If the upload and download speeds of the connection are a minimum of 25 Mbps, then the connection can be used.
1. Open the Google Chrome app using the windows search bar at the bottom of your PC.
2. Open the Speedtest website on the browser and click on the GO button.
3. You can now analyze the speed of the connection from the results page.
2B. Switch to another Wi-Fi Network
If the Wi-Fi network you have connected to seems insufficient or does not meet the required speed, you can try switching to another Wi-Fi network to download or stream the content. Check if Netflix 5.7 error persists even after switching to another Network connection.
2C. Check Server Status of Netflix Platform
In some instances, the Netflix server might be down due to maintenance or an unexpected bug. In this case, you can try using the link given here to check the status of the Netflix server on your default web browser.
2D. Fix Network Issues
In most cases, the issue with the Network you are connected to might have some glitches or may not support the streaming. You can follow the instructions in the article using the link given here to fix the issues in the network connection.
Also Read: How to Fix Netflix Error Code M7111-1101
Method 3: Restart Netflix App
If the Netflix app is not supporting streaming or downloading activities, you can try restarting the app on your PC to fix Netflix error 5.7.1.
1. Use the guide given here to learn the method to close all the background programs using the Task Manager app.
2. Use the windows search bar to search and launch the Netflix app.
Method 4: Disable VPN and Proxy Services
If you are using any VPN service or a proxy server to mask your IP address to stream the content, you can try disabling them to fix the error. Follow the instructions in the article given here to learn the method to disable the VPN and proxy services to fix Netflix 5.7 error.
Also Read: Fix Unexpected Error on Netflix
Method 5: Reset Windows DNS Settings
If the DNS or the Domain Name System of the Network connection has some issues, you can try resetting the DNS setting to the default connections. Follow the instructions in the link given here to reset the Windows DNS settings on your PC.
Method 6: Update Windows
An answer to the question of how to fix Netflix error 5.7 and as a method to fix the error message is to update the Windows OS of your PC to the latest version. To do this, you can follow the instructions in the link given here and then check if the error message is cleared.
Also Read: How to Fix Netflix Error Code M7111-1101
Pro Tip: Reset Samsung Smart Hub to fix Netflix 5.7 Error (Samsung TV)
If you are using a Samsung TV and if you receive this error message, you can try resetting the Smart Hub, which is the control center for configuring the apps and channels of the TV. However, the personal login information saved locally on the TV might be deleted.
1. Use the Menu button on your remote to access the Settings page.
2. Navigate to the Support tab on the left pane, and select the Self Diagnosis option.
3. Select the Reset Smart Hub option and wait till the entire setup is reset.
- How to Unlink Your Bank Account from Robinhood
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Communication Error Code Fix
- Fix Netflix Error 5.7 on Android
- Fix Error Code u7121 3202 in Netflix
The methods to fix Netflix 5.7 error are discussed in the article. Please utilize the comments section to let us know of your queries and suggestions. Additionally, let us know which of these methods helps in fixing Netflix error 5.7.1.