If you’re a Microsoft Teams user, you may have come across the error code CAA5004B. If you are frustrated with this error and cannot sign in to the app then do not worry! In this guide, you will learn what is Microsoft Teams error code CAA5004B and how to fix this error.
How to Fix Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA5004B
Are you getting error code CAA5004B in Teams while trying to sign in? Read this article to know the solutions to fix this issue.
Try updating Microsoft Teams app by following the below steps:
1. Launch the Teams app.
2. Click on profile picture.
3. Then, select Check for updates option.
What Causes Microsoft Teams error code CAA5004B?
Various reasons can trigger the error code CAA5004B on Microsoft Teams. These reasons are mainly related to your device or the app itself. Let us have a look at the possible reasons behind this error code below:
- Issues with the in-built contemporary authentication of the app
- Account syncing issues inside Windows
- VPN and proxy usage
- Multiple active sessions of the Teams app
- Piled-up cache files of the MS Teams app
- Corrupt app files
What is Error Code CAA5004B in Teams?
Error code CAA5004B is also known as error 80070520. It usually occurs when a user tries to sign in to Microsoft Teams on a Windows 10/11 PC or other devices. The error code appears on the device’s screen when launching the app. This error in Microsoft Teams means that the app has encountered an unexpected issue and cannot complete the login process.
Issue while logging in to Microsoft Teams is instead a common occurrence. In case of error code CAA5004B or 80070520, there are some troubleshooting methods that you can try out on your Windows computer.
Method 1: Change Microsoft Teams Password
If you cannot log in and access Microsoft Teams on your PC, then you can try changing the organization password to get rid of Microsoft Teams error code 80070520. Changing the Password will help you to add your account as an authorized one in the MS Teams database. To change your Password in MS Teams, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the browser of your choice and go to Microsoft’s website to Sign in.
2. Now, Sign in using your credentials on the platform.
3. Next, from the navigation bar, click on Security info and submit your Password again.
4. Then, go to Password and click on Change my Password.
5. Now, enter your Current Password and add a new one.
6. Finally, click on Save.
Also Read: Fix Teams Error caa7000a in Windows 10
Method 2: Re-Connect MS Teams Account in Windows
Teams desktop error CAA5004B might also trouble you if MS Teams is not included in the Windows Account Manager. MS Teams might deem your account an unauthorized login attempt if there is no information to sync your account details from the Windows account manager. Therefore, to fix this issue, you can try re-connecting your MS Teams account with the help of the steps below:
1. Open Settings of your computer by pressing the Windows + I keys simultaneously.
2. Now, open Accounts and click on Access work or school.
3. Next, access the account you are using for Teams to Disconnect it.
4. After 30 seconds, reconnect it and manually add the account if it is not listed under Work or School.
Method 3: Ask Admin to Re-Invite
You can also ask the admin of your Microsoft Teams to remove and reinvite your account into the group if re-connecting MS Teams account in Windows did not go as planned. You can fix Microsoft Teams error code CAA5004B by getting a reinvite and logging in to MS Teams to ensure the error has been resolved.
Method 4: Disable VPN and Proxy
Third-party applications like a VPN or a proxy can also stop the Microsoft Teams app from working correctly. Even though VPN is considered one of the best tools to surf online anonymously, it can create confusion with apps like MS Teams and result in this error code. Therefore, you must disable such third-party applications from your computer. To know more about it, please check our informative guide on How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10.
Method 5: Clear MS Teams App Cache
Faulty cache files of Microsoft Teams can become another significant reason behind error code 80070520 on your PC. Therefore, you must delete cache files to replace corrupted ones and wipe out login data that can interfere when logging in on the platform. It is pretty simple to clear the MS Teams app cache with the help of the following steps:
1. Press Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer.
2. Now, move to the following location path.
Note: Make sure you check the Hidden items box in the View tab to view the AppData folder.
3. Now, in Local and Roaming folders, right-click on the Teams folder and click on the Delete option.
Note: You can also rename or move the folder to some other location if you want it back.
4. Restart the PC and check if this works or not.
Method 6: Update MS Teams App
Another effective process to fix Teams error code CAA5004B involves updating the outdated version of the MS Teams app. The older version is vulnerable to inevitable glitches and bugs; therefore, you must update the Teams app with the help of the steps provided below:
1. From the start menu of your PC, open Microsoft Teams.
2. Now, click on the three-dot icon at the top of the screen.
3. Next, click on Check for updates from the menu.
Once the app has been updated, try to sign in to check if the error code has been fixed.
Also Read: 11 Ways to Fix Microsoft Teams Running Slow
Method 7: Reinstall Microsoft Teams
Finally, if nothing seems to be working for you, you can try uninstalling the Microsoft Teams app on your PC to fix this error. Reinstallation of the MS Teams app will erase all the in-app data from your system. You can follow the steps below to reinstall MS Teams:
1. First, press Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch the Settings application on your system.
2. Now, locate and open Apps.
3. Then, scroll down, locate the Microsoft Teams app from the list, and click Uninstall.
4. Again, click on Uninstall to confirm the action.
5. Then, restart your device and open the browser.
6. Now, navigate to Microsoft Teams page to download and install the program on your system.
Once done, please try to sign in to the platform and check if the error code has finally been fixed.
- 26 Best Desktop DAC AMP Combos
- How to Write Better ChatGPT Prompts
- Fix Microsoft Teams Error 53003
- How to Tag Everyone in Teams Group Chat
This brings us to the end of our guide on Microsoft Teams error code CAA5004B. We hope that you were able to know about this error code in detail and fixed it using one of the methods given above. You can let us know if you have other queries by commenting below.