Ares Wizard is a popular and most loved add-on for the Kodi app. Is the Ares Wizard not working on your Kodi app? If you feel perplexed and are searching for the answers to fix the issues with your favorite Kodi Ares Wizard, then read the article to the end. As a bonus, a section lists the best alternative to Ares Wizard.
- How to Fix Kodi Ares Wizard Not Working in Windows 10
- Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Method 1: Update Kodi
- Method 2: Clear Cache in Ares Wizard Add On
- Method 3: Delete Kodi Log File
- Method 4: Disable Automatic Updates for Add On
- Method 5: Reinstall Ares Wizard Add On
- Method 6: Reinstall Kodi App
- Method 7: Try Alternatives to Ares Wizard
- 1. SuperRepo
- 2. Kodinerds.net
- 3. Noobs and Nerds
- 4. Looking Glass Repo
- 5. Cazwall Repo
How to Fix Kodi Ares Wizard Not Working in Windows 10
The possible causes for the issues in the Kodi Ares Wizard are listed below in this section. So, if you are experiencing a problem using the Ares Wizard, it might be due to any of the following reasons.
- Outdated Kodi app: If the Kodi app installed on your PC is outdated or is an older version, the Ares Wizard may not work on your Kodi app.
- Unstable Internet Connection: It is necessary to have an active and stable internet connection while streaming on the Kodi app. If the internet connection is fluctuating, you may not be able to use the Ares Wizard.
- Restricted network access: Some add-ons on your Kodi app may be restricted by your Internet Service Providers. This might have disturbed the functioning of the Ares Wizard on your Kodi app.
- Corrupt Ares Wizard: If the Ares Wizard you have installed on your Kodi app is corrupt, you may not be able to use the repository. The Wizard may have become corrupt if the repository version is banned or outdated.
- Corrupt Kodi app: If the Kodi app is corrupt, it may not support any streaming of the add-ons. The app may have become corrupt during the installation process or due to unauthorized third-party add-ons or repositories.
Ares Wizard was once taken down for legal issues. But it was temporary. Ares Wizard is now back with its amazing features. It works well on all Kodi-supported devices. If you are facing any issues with Ares Wizard, follow the below methods to fix them.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Try using the basic troubleshooting methods to solve the issue on your PC. If there are certain glitches in using the Ares Wizard, they must be solved while implementing these methods.
1. Check Server Status: Sometimes, the server for the add-ons on the Ares Wizard may be down for maintenance issues. If the server is down, you may not be able to stream on any of the add-ons. You can check online using any site, such as Is It Down Right Now. If the issue is with the server, you may need to wait for some time.
2: Use a VPN (Virtual Private Network): As listed as the cause of the issue, the Ares Wizard may not work if your ISP blocks it. You can try installing any of the VPN services on your PC. Check if you can stream on the Kodi app with your VPN. This would also help you bypass copyright issues and illegal streaming. Read our guide on how to set a VPN on Windows 10.
Method 1: Update Kodi
Ares Wizard may not work in the older version of the Kodi app. Updating Kodi might also help in fixing any issues with Ares Wizard. Follow the below steps.
1. Press the Windows key, type Kodi and click on Open.
2. On the homepage, click on Add-ons.
3. Click on the open box icon at the top.
4. Place your cursor over the left side of the screen. A menu appears.
5. Click on the Check for updates option.
Method 2: Clear Cache in Ares Wizard Add On
Cache files help you retrieve the information about using the particular channel on the add-ons. However, they may slow down your streaming. You can clear the cache files using the method described here.
1. Open Kodi app as done earlier.
2. Click on Add-ons in the left pane.
3. Click on the My add-ons option in the list.
4. Select any of the add-ons in the Ares Wizard repository. For example, Exodus
5. Select the option Tools in the next window.
6. Select the option EXODUS: Clear cache and click on the OK button on the confirmation window.
Note: This method will reset your preferences for the add-on to the default setting.
7. Finally, restart the Kodi app on your PC.
Also Read: How to Install Kodi on Smart TV
Method 3: Delete Kodi Log File
The Kodi log file is a text document that lists all the operations the Kodi app is performing in the background. It contains the information on the add-ons and repositories on the Kodi app. You can delete this file and start the Kodi app again to fix Kodi Ares Wizard not working issue.
1. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type in the term %appdata% and click on the OK button to open the AppData folder.
3. Double-click on the Kodi folder.
4. Delete the Kodi log files or the text documents in the folder.
Method 4: Disable Automatic Updates for Add On
Automatic updates allow you to install the updates for the add-ons on your Kodi app without being prompted. Though this might be useful, if there are a lot of add-ons on your Kodi app, you may need to turn this setting off. Follow the below steps.
1. Open Kodi app on your device as done earlier.
2. Click on the System button indicated by the gear icon.
3. Click on the option System under the Settings section in the window.
4. Click on the gear icon at the bottom left of the window till it changes to the Expert setting.
5. Click on the tab Add-ons in the left pane and click on the Updates option.
6. In the Updates window, select the option Notify, but don’t install updates to disable automatic updates.
Also Read: How to Add Favorites in Kodi
Method 5: Reinstall Ares Wizard Add On
If your Ares Wizard is corrupt, you may consider reinstalling the Ares Wizard. To do this, you have to uninstall the Ares Wizard on your Kodi app and then try reinstalling the Ares Wizard.
1. Launch Kodi app on your device as done earlier.
2. Click on the Add-ons.
3. Then, click on My add-ons in the next window.
4. Select the option All in the list.
5. Scroll and click on the Ares Wizard add-ons.
6. Click on the Uninstall button to uninstall the Ares Wizard add-on.
7. Now, reinstall the Ares Wizard using the link given here as a zip file.
Note: If you have any issue installing the add-on, read our guide on how to install third-party add-ons.
Also Read: How to Play Steam Games from Kodi
Method 6: Reinstall Kodi App
If your Kodi app is outdated or corrupt, you have to uninstall the Kodi app and then reinstall it on your PC. Follow the steps as a last resort to reinstall the Kodi app to fix Kodi Ares Wizard not working.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open the Settings app.
2. Click on the Apps option in the menu displayed.
3. Scroll down and click on the Kodi app.
4. Now, click on the Uninstall option.
5. Then, click on Uninstall in the pop-up.
6. Click on Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
7. Click on Next in the Kodi Uninstall window.
8. Again, click on Next in the following uninstallation window.
9. Now, click on the Uninstall option to confirm the uninstallation process.
10. Click on Finish to complete the process.
11. Type %appdata% in the Windows search bar to open the Roaming folder.
12. Right-click on Kodi and select Delete.
13. Again, type %localappdata% in the Windows search bar to open the Local folder.
14. Right-click on Kodi and select Delete.
15. Finally, reboot the PC after completely removing Kodi.
16. Now, go to the Kodi download page and click on the Installer (64BIT) button as depicted.
17. Click on the downloaded installer file at the bottom of the window.
18. Next, click on Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
19. Then, click on the Next option in the installation wizard.
20. Click on the I Agree button to accept the License Agreement.
21. Click on Next in the following window.
22. Browse the Destination folder and click on Next.
23. Now, click on Install to initiate the installation process.
24. Click on the Finish option to complete the installation process.
Also Read: How to Watch NFL on Kodi
Method 7: Try Alternatives to Ares Wizard
If the issue with the Kodi Ares Wizard isn’t solved despite trying all the methods, you can try using the alternatives available for the Ares Wizard on your Kodi app. The top 5 alternatives for Ares Wizard are listed in this section.
SuperRepo is the largest repository available for the Kodi app. It has numerous add-ons and is similar to Ares Wizard. The content in this repository includes movies, TV shows, and series. You can also watch the content on YouTube directly in the Kodi app.
The repository that is suited for music lovers is the kodinerds.net. It features several music add-ons and gives you access to the songs on SoundCloud. You can also watch sports from DAZN and videos from DailyMotion.
3. Noobs and Nerds
The Noobs and Nerds is an all-in-one repository, and it has content for all categories. You can watch various movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more. This repository is a perfect alternative for Kodi Ares Wizard.
4. Looking Glass Repo
The Looking Glass Repo is an add-on preferred by people who love varieties. There are add-ons for documentaries, DIY videos, and a collection of home improvement videos. Some add-ons stream old movies and can be suited for older age groups. Another advantage is that this repository is the official alternative for the Ares Wizard.
Also Read: How to Watch Kodi NBA Games
5. Cazwall Repo
Cazwall Repo, commonly called simply Caz, is the best alternative for the Ares Wizard. It contains several add-ons that have functions similar to the add-ons in the Ares Wizard.
- Fix Missing Downloaded Files Error on Steam
- How to Watch Spanish Movies on Kodi
- Fix VLC Subtitles Not Working in Windows 10
- Top 10 Alternatives for Kodi Fusion Repository
We hope that this article was helpful and you were able to fix Kodi Ares Wizard is not working issue. You can also try installing an alternative to Ares Wizard described in the article. Please write to us your suggestions or queries in the comments section of this article. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.