KingRoot is one of the most popular Android apps that helps you to root your device in a single click. Rooting your Android without a PC is possible with this app and the rooting process is very simple. You can just download the app and root your device with a click. These tools are well-suited for those who do not have any adequate knowledge of recovery and flashing. All the processes will be carried out automatically, but several users complain that they face KingRoot error code 0x1 or that sometimes the app does not work on their devices properly. If you are stuck on resolving this error on your device, this guide will help you a lot in fixing the same.
How to Fix KingRoot Error Code 0X1
In this article, we have explained all the possible solutions to fix KingRoot error code 0x1 issue.
How Does Rooting Android Work
If you do not know what rooting of your device is, what difference it makes after the process, and how it works on your Android. Here you will get answers to all questions. When you root your Android device, your device will attain privileged control (known as root access) over several Android subsystems.
Your Android phone will come with certain built-in restrictions allotted by your carrier or the OEM or the Android OS itself. Several settings and features are not under your control, that is, certain sections of your mobile are out of bounds for the user. Here is where the role of rooting comes in. If you root your Android phone, you can take control of every aspect of your device, you can download any apps that require admin rights, delete pre-installed applications, replace operating systems, and a lot more.
You can even remove the present operating system on your device and replace it with anything that is Linux based.
You can load restricted apps, give access to them, and use any features on your Android that are not available before. This changes the entire appearance and the capabilities of your Android. To be short, rooting your Android helps you to utilize your Android to its fullest.
Is It Safe to Use KingRoot to Root Your Android Phone?
Yes, it is completely safe to use KingRoot to root your Android mobile. KingRoot offers several facilities for users to customize their mobile phones. Although KingRoot is not available on PlayStore, users may not ignore the benefits of the app and its exclusive feature.
What Causes KingRoot Error Code?
The one-click tools including the KingRoot make use of exploits that are already present on the Android system. If there is any new exploit, the developer will create a new app to make use of the advantages of the exploits so you can root your phone with a single click.
But, if you have updated your device to the latest version recently, these exploits might be patched. This is the main reason for the problem. In addition, there are other reasons that cause this root failed error code 0x1on your device.
- Your internet is not turned on or it is unstable.
- The battery is not adequate or it is low.
- You are using an outdated version of KingRoot app on your device.
- Any corrupt cache of the app is causing the error code.
Solutions to Fix KingRoot Error Code 0x1
This section compiles a list of some common troubleshooting methods that will help you fix this error. Follow them in the same order to attain faster results.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The said steps were performed on the Redmi phone.
Method 1: Ensure Mobile Data is Turned On
As a first hack, you have to ensure that the mobile data is turned on or not. If you have turned off it by mistake, you cannot root your Android device. To get rid of the issue, you can follow the below instructions to turn on mobile data via Settings.
1. Navigate to your home screen on your mobile and tap the Settings icon.
2. Then, tap on the SIM cards & mobile networks option.
3. Now, toggle on the Mobile data option as depicted.
4. If you are out of your region and willing to use your network still, tap on Advanced settings as shown.
Note: This will cost you an extra fee once you have turned on the international data roaming setting.
5. Next, tap on International roaming and tweak the setting to Always as shown.
6. Now, tap on Data roaming.
7. Next, tap on Turn on in the upcoming screen.
Now, relaunch the KingRoot app. Check if you face the error code again. If you still face the error, follow the instructions in our guide to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10. Once your router has restarted, check if you are able to connect to the KingRoot app.
Still, if you face the same error on your device, you can try restarting your mobile by following the steps in our guide How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone?
Method 2: Enable Background Data
Despite you have enabled the mobile data, if you have not enabled the background data on your Android, your device cannot use the network if it is in the data saver mode. So, when your phone goes out of battery, this will prevent you from opening KingRoot normally. Follow and proceed with the below-listed instructions to enable background data on your device.
1. Tap on the Settings app.
2. Then, tap on Apps.
3. Next, tap on Manage apps and then tap on KingRoot app as depicted.
4. Then, tap on Restrict data usage.
5. Finally, tap on both Mobile data (SIM 1) & Mobile data (SIM 2) if you are a dual SIM user.
6. Then, tap OK to save the changes.
Method 3: Restart KingRoot App
Force closing the KingRoot will exit all the background programs and tasks associated with the app. So, when you relaunch the app again, you have to launch all the processes again in KingRoot. This helps you to resolve any temporary glitches associated with KingRoot including KingRoot error code 0X1.
1. Go to the Settings app as instructed in the above steps.
2. Next, tap on Apps.
3. Then, tap on Manage apps and then KingRoot.
4. Finally, tap on the Force stop button at the left corner of the Android as shown.
5. Finally, if you receive any prompts, confirm them by tapping on OK and proceed.
Then, relaunch the KingRoot app and check if the root failed error code does not occur now.
Also Read: How to Root Android TV Box
Method 4: Clear KingRoot App Cache
If there are any corrupt cache in KingRoot app, it will cause root failed error code on your device. Despite these cache store, useful data on your Android, when days pass on you will face this error. Follow the below listed instructions to clear the KingRoot app cache on your device.
1. Go to Home Screen on your Android and tap the Settings icon.
2. Now, tap on Apps from the list.
3. Now, tap on Manage apps and then tap on KingRoot.
4. Next, tap on Storage.
5. Next, tap on Cache option from the list.
6. Next, tap on Clear data as depicted. Now, tap on Clear cache option and confirm the prompt by tapping on OK.
Now, relaunch the KingRoot app and check if the root failed error code does not occur now.
Method 5: Use Updated KingRoot App
If you have confirmed that your network connection is stable but still facing the discussed error in KingRoot, check if your app is updated to its latest version of not. You can download a fresh copy of the app from the website and use it as instructed below.
1. Visit the official download the APK file site to download the app.
2. Then use the APK file to install the app. You will not have any issues with this as you must have turned on the Unknown Sources setting.
3. Once the installation is successful, launch the app on your device.
4. Then, tap on the Start Root button.
5. Now, the KingRoot app checks if your mobile is compatible with a root.
6. Once done, tap on the Start button.
7. Wait until the process is completed, and your device is rooted. You will receive a Success message on your screen once the root is completed.
8. Finally, restart your Android your device, and you have successfully fixed root failed error code 0x1 on your device.
Also Read: Fix Android No Command Error
Method 6: Downgrade Firmware
If you have recently upgraded your Android and facing the error code 0x1 in KingRoot. It means the most recent update files are preventing the rooting process on your device. To get rid of this problem, follow the instructions in our guide How to Downgrade Android App Without Uninstall to downgrade your firmware.
In the old version of your Android OS, launch the KingRoot app and now the error code will be fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What’s KingRoot error code 0x1?
Ans. The one-click tools including the KingRoot make use of exploits that are already present on the Android system. If there is any new exploit, the developer will create a new app to make use of the advantages of the exploits so you can root your phone with a single click. But, if you have updated your device to the latest version recently, these exploits might be patched. This is the main reason for the problem. In addition, there are other reasons that cause this root failed error code 0x1 on your device.
Q2. Why can’t KingRoot root my phone?
Ans. The KingRoot cannot root your device if your internet is not turned on or it is unstable. The battery is not adequate or it is low, you are using an outdated version of KingRoot app on your device and there are any corrupt cache of the app that are causing the launching issues.
Q3. How long does KingRoot take to root?
Ans. If all goes well, KingRoot can root your device within 60 seconds.
Q4. What happens when you root your device?
Ans. If you root your Android phone, you can take control of every aspect of your device. You can download any apps that require admin rights, delete pre-installed applications, replace operating systems, and a lot more.
- How to Fix Windows Stop Code Memory Management BSOD Error
- Fix 1Password Not Syncing Between Devices
- How to Change IMEI Number on Android Without Root
- 15 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone
So, that’s it! This guide might sound useful to you in fixing KingRoot error code on your device. We would love to hear from you, which troubleshooting method has helped to fix the problem on your device. Also, if there are any other hacks that helped to fix this error that are not mentioned here, please drop them in the comments section.