Has it ever happened to you that you updated an app and one of your favorite features disappeared from the application. In this case, the only option left with you is Android downgrade app without uninstall, but in that case, you might lose all your data. Therefore, you will have to perform a procedure to downgrade Android app without losing data.
How to Downgrade Android App Without Uninstall
We know how much some app features mean to its user and an update might leave you in tricky position if you should somehow manage with the updated app or do an extra effort to downgrade the application. Also, we have added an extra tutorial for how to downgrade google play services and downgrade app play store.
Prerequisites for using ADB
Before Android downgrade app without uninstall you will first have to perform some steps to make your smartphone and computer system ready for the downgrade. The first step is to enable USB Debugging: You have to perform this step on your Android device using the below-given methods:
Note: Smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
How to Switch on USB Debugging
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap on System.
3. Now, tap on the Developer options seven to eight times.
4. In the developer options, swipe down to Debugging section.
5. Turn on the toggle for USB debugging.
The next step is to download and install ADB on your PC. Follow the steps given in the next section to do the same.
How to Download and Install ADB on Windows
1. Access the download page for the platform tools for the Android SDK.
2. Click the Download SDK Platform-Tools for Windows button to continue. Depending on the operating system you’re running, you can also choose from the other alternatives.
3. Click the DOWNLOAD ANDROID SDK PLATFORM-TOOLS FOR WINDOWS button after acknowledging the Terms and Conditions.
4. After downloading the zip file, unpack it where you wish to keep the tool kit files.
Now we will perform the third and last step of the procedure.
How to Downgrade Android App without Losing Data
To downgrade Android app without losing data make sure ADB is correctly configured and that the connected device is being recognized before moving on to install APK using ADB instructions.
1. Connect your Android smartphone to your computer, and then launch the SDK platform-tools folder.
2. Download the APK version of the app you want to downgrade. This may be accomplished by looking for it on APKMirror.
3. Paste the APK into the extracted ADB folder that you downloaded.
4. Right-click while holding down Shift key in this folder. Choose the Open Command window here option from the menu. Click on the Open PowerShell window here if the command window opening option is not there.
5. Enter the following command now in the PowerShell window:
adb Instagram.apk /sdcard/Insta.apk adb shell pm install -r -d /sdcard/Insta.apk
Note: Here the files have been renamed in the following way: Instagram.apk is the name of the original file and Insta.apk is the new name given to the downgraded version of your choice.
How to Downgrade Google Play Services
The process to downgrade google play services is quite easy as compared to other apps downgrading process for which you can follow the below given steps as it is different from the process followed by Android downgrade app without uninstall.
1. Open Settings.
2. Type Device admin apps/device administrator and tap on it to open.
3. Toggle Off Find my device.
4. Search in settings Google play services. Open and Tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
5. Tap on Uninstall updates.
6. In Google Play services, turn off the toggle for Background Data.
7. Finally, restart your Android Phone.
How to Downgrade App on Play Store
At present, there is no way by which you can downgrade app play store. Therefore, the only way left is to downgrade android apps individually.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why downgrade Android app?
Ans. The update often happens silently and without your notice. As a result, you can be forced to use a software version that is either too complex to operate, too buggy, or just deficient in the functionality that is essential for your lifestyle. The app returns to a previous version when it is downgraded.
Q2. How to downgrade an app on Samsung?
Ans, To downgrade a Samsung phone to a previous version, download the APK file and follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
Q3. Is downgrading Android Safe?
Ans. Downgrading is a practice that manufacturers formally do not endorse. It is difficult to accomplish and could void the warranty of the device. You shouldn’t attempt this unless you have prior expertise in changing the software on your device as there is a potential risk to brick it.
Q4. How to downgrade the YouTube app on android?
Ans. Downgrading the YouTube app is easier than you might have thought. Open Settings and type apps and notifications in the search bar and scroll until you find YouTube. Open it and tap on the three dots icon in the top right corner and then tap Uninstall updates.
Q5. Why should you downgrade your Android Apps?
Ans. Downgrading is not a practice that manufacturers formally endorse. It is difficult to do, might void your warranty, and might brick your device. You shouldn’t attempt this unless you have prior experience changing the software on your device.
- How to Reset Fitbit Inspire 2 Without Losing Data
- Fix Samsung Galaxy 5 Voicemail Not Working
- Fix Android No Command Error
- Top 27 Best Illegal Android Apps Not on Play Store
We hope that with the help of this guide, you were able to learn how to Android downgrade app without uninstall. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.