Seeing something on your PC network that you have not seen before can be suspicious and frightening. RalinkLinuxClient is one such entry that can force you to question how Ralink joined my network? If you also have this question in mind and want to fix RalinkLinuxClient showing up in Windows 10 issue, read the article till the end. You will find the answers to your question with the working methods to help you get rid of the issue in question.
RalinkLinuxClient is one of the common internal chipsets used by several routers with big companies like Netgear, HP, D-Link, etc. And the reasons for this device to show up on your PC network are:
- Another wireless network configuration using the same address range as your Wi-Fi router
- Routers with the default IP address range
- Smart TV, CCTV cameras, and other devices using the same Wi-Fi network
- Computer with several enabled network cards
Now, let us turn toward the possible solutions which can deal with this issue on your PC. Read and follow every step carefully on your computer to fix the RalinkLinuxClient showing up in Windows 10 issue.
Method 1: Change Wi-Fi Network Username and Password
If you think that RalinkLinuxClient on your PC is a threat, you can get rid of it by changing the username and password of your Wi-Fi network. It is not an absolute method for you to change your Wi-Fi username and password, but it will help you in this process. Firstly, you’ll need the IP address of your router to access the router settings.
Note: The router settings layout differs for different router companies and models. Please check the below steps before making any changes to your router settings.
1. Press the Windows key, type command prompt and click on Run as administrator.
2. Now, type ipconfig/all command and hit the Enter key.
3. Locate Default Gateway from the list and copy the address next to it, as shown below.
4. Then, open your desktop browser and paste the copied address into the address bar and press Enter key.
5. The Log in page of your router will load up. Enter the Login Password in the given field, as shown below.
6. Click on WAN Settings from the home page, as shown.
7. Frome here, change the Username and Password fields and click on the Save option.
After changing the username and password of your Wi-Fi network, check if Ralink joined my network issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Disable Windows Connect Now Service
If changing your Wi-Fi username and password didn’t help get rid of RalinkLinuxClient showing up in Windows 10 error, you can also try disabling Windows Connect Now service, as demonstrated below.
1. Right-click on This PC shortcut on the Desktop and select the Manage option.
2. Click on Yes for the User Account Control prompt, if prompted.
3. In the Computer Management window, click on the Services and Applications option from the left pane, as shown below.
4. Now, double-click on the Services option.
5. Scroll down to locate and double-click on the Windows Connect Now option from the list. The Properties window will open up.
6. In the General tab, select the Disabled option from the Startup type drop-down field, as shown below.
7. Click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
8. Lastly, restart the PC and see if RalinkLinuxClient on your network is disappeared or not.
- How to Connect to Frontier Wireless Router or Modem
- Fix Mozilla Firefox Couldn’t Load XPCOM Error on Windows 10
- Fix Windows Update Service Could Not be Stopped
- Fix Incorrect PSK Provided for Network SSID on Windows 10
So, we hope you have understood what RalinkLinuxClient is and why it appears on your network. Also, you learned to remove it from your PC with the help of detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.