Hulu is an American streaming service that was launched in 2007. In a short period, it has become one of the famous streaming service providers because of its quality content. You can watch the news, sports, live events, and more. However, users often complain about Hulu fast forward glitch. If you face the same issue, you are at the right place. In this article, we will tell you how to fix can’t fast forward or rewind Hulu. So, please keep reading to learn about it.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Hulu Fast Forward Glitch
Before we begin troubleshooting, let us discuss why Hulu fast forward glitch occurs. There are several reasons why Hulu can’t fast forward or rewind. Let us look at them briefly below:
- Server outage
- Poor internet connection
- Outdated version of the ap
- Corrupt app cache
- Compatibility issue between Android and Hulu app
If these issues are not fixed, you cannot fast-forward the movie on Hulu. Therefore, you can try the troubleshooting methods that are stated below.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods
These simple and effective methods can fix the glitch and will not take much of your precious time. So let us begin.
1. Restart Smartphone
It is a great way to fix can’t fast forward or rewind Hulu. To restart your smartphone read the given steps:
Note: The steps were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
1. Press and hold your smartphone power and volume down buttons.
2. Finally, tap on Restart to restart your device.
2. Force Restart Hulu
If you exit the Hulu app, some features might run in the background. So, to close all the background functions of the app, you need to force restart Hulu on your smartphone. Steps to perform the same are listed below:
1. First, tap on Settings.
2. Now, scroll down and tap on Apps.
3. Here, tap on Hulu.
4. Tap on the Force stop.
5. Now, tap on OK.
6. Finally, tap on the Hulu App icon on the home page of your Android phone.
Check if this fix Hulu fast forward glitch issue.
Also Read: Fix Hulu Not Working on Smart TV
Method 1: Wait for Hulu Server Uptime
If the server of Hulu is down, no matter what you try, you will not be able to fix Hulu can’t fast forward or rewind. So, first, check the Hulu Server Status. If it is down, you need to wait until the server uptime. But if the server is not facing downtime, then you should try other troubleshooting methods.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
You should try this method because the fast-forward feature requires a high-speed internet connection. So, you must check your internet connection speed and troubleshoot network issues. To learn how to boost Internet speed on your Android phone, refer to our guide.
Method 3: Re-login to Hulu
This method is capable of resolving Hulu fast forward glitch issue that you are facing. So, we request to log out first and then re-login.
1. Launch the Hulu app on Android.
2. Next, tap on the profile icon.
3. Now, tap on Log out of Hulu.
4. Select Log In on the home screen of Hulu.
5. Enter your credentials and tap on Log In option.
Also Read: How to Get a Free Hulu Account
Method 4: Update Hulu
It is essential to update the Hulu app regularly. Because updating the app ensures that you receive all the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes. Read the steps given below to fix can’t fast forward or rewind Hulu:
1. Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
2. Now, type Hulu in the search bar and tap on the first result.
3. Finally, tap on Update and wait until the app gets updated on your smartphone.
Method 5: Clear Hulu Cache Files
On your device, temporary data and files are stored to enhance efficiency. But sometimes, the cached files on your device may get corrupted. So, to fix Hulu fast forward glitch by clearing cache files follow these simple steps:
1. Tap on Settings.
2. Next, scroll down and tap on Apps.
3. Again, scroll down and tap on Hulu.
4. Now, tap on Storage.
5. Finally, tap on Clear cache.
Method 6: Update Android OS
Updating your device regularly ensures the smooth functioning of your phone. To update your device and to fix can’t fast forward or rewind Hulu, go through the following steps:
1. First, tap on the Settings icon.
2. Tap on Software update.
3. Next, tap on Download and install on Software update.
4. Finally, tap on Download and wait until your device updates.
Also Read: How Do You Change Your Account on Hulu
Method 7: Reinstall Hulu
As per Hulu, reinstalling the Hulu app on some devices can resolve Hulu fast forward glitch issue. Apart from this, it is a great way to ensure that the latest version of the app is there on your device. The steps to perform this action are given below:
1. Hold the Hulu app icon on your phone until you see the Uninstall option.
2. Tap on Uninstall and wait till the process is finished.
3. Now, launch the Play Store app.
4. Here, search Hulu and tap on the first result.
5. Finally, tap on Install and wait till it gets installed.
Also Read: Fix Hulu Error Code 2 975
Method 8: Contact Hulu Support
The last resort to fix Hulu fast forward glitch is contacting the technical support team. Try contacting Hulu HELP CENTER and report the problem to get the solution to resolve the issue of Hulu can’t fast forward or rewind.
- Fix Discovery Plus Freezing Issue
- Fix Hulu Missing Episodes Issue
- How to Watch Hulu on Smart TV
- Fix Hulu Not Working on Samsung TV
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix Hulu fast forward glitch. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.