Streaming Hulu on your Samsung smart TV is one of the best ways to enjoy your favorite Hulu original shows. Hulu’s library includes thousands of popular TV shows, movies, and some of the most popular Hulu original shows. As mentioned already, Hulu shows are best enjoyed on your Samsung smart TV. However, sometimes you may come across Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue while trying to stream the streaming service. This issue can be due to various reasons, such as a bad network connection or other issues with the Hulu app or Samsung TV. In this guide, we will discuss the factors that may cause this issue and how to fix them. Also, we have shown the steps to uninstall and install Hulu app on Samsung TV.
- How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Samsung TV
- Method 1: Ensure Samsung TV Compatibility with Hulu
- Method 2: Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Method 3: Power Cycle Samsung TV
- Method 4: Wait for Hulu Server Uptime
- Method 5: Reset Smart Hub on Samsung TV
- Method 6: Update Samsung TV Firmware
- Method 7: Clear Hulu Cache
- Method 8: Update Hulu App
- Method 9: Disable VPN Service (If Applicable)
- Method 10: Reinstall Hulu
- Method 11: Use Hulu on Different Device
- Method 12: Contact Samsung TV or Hulu Support
How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Samsung TV
There can be various reasons for Hulu not working on Samsung Smart TVs. Some of the major reasons for this issue are mentioned here.
- Hulu connectivity errors may occur due to compatibility issues with your TV and the streaming app.
- A bad network connection can also cause this issue.
- Improper loading of your Samsung TV is also sometimes responsible for this issue.
- Corrupt Hulu app cache data is sometimes associated with various errors on Samsung TV, including connectivity errors.
- A blocked VPN service can also sometimes cause this issue on your Samsung TV.
- If Hulu servers are not working properly, you may experience various issues, such as Hulu not working.
- Errors and improper working of the Samsung Smart Hub can also cause Hulu errors on Samsung TVs.
- An outdated Hulu app can also cause various issues on Samsung TV.
- Various issues with the Hulu app, such as bugs and improper installation, can also be associated with this error.
- Various underlying issues with Hulu or Samsung TV can cause this error.
Before you decide to uninstall Hulu app on Samsung TV, in this guide we will discuss methods to fix Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue.
Method 1: Ensure Samsung TV Compatibility with Hulu
The latest versions of the Hulu app are only compatible with Samsung Smart TVs that were launched after 2016. The new models of Samsung smart TVs are built on the Tizen operating system, which is compatible with the new Hulu app, which means that you should be able to install Hulu app on Samsung TV. If you are not sure about the manufacturing date and model of your Samsung smart TV, you can check the year of manufacturing and operating system version on the official website. However, Samsung smart TV models manufactured between 2013 and 2015 can still access the classic Hulu app. If you are using an old Samsung TV, you may notice the following while streaming Hulu.
- You can enjoy most of the same content on the classic app, but the classic Hulu app does not have some of the premium Hulu add-ons. It also doesn’t support Hulu + Live TV services.
- You may also find it difficult to navigate the classic Hulu app on Samsung smart TV since the interface is also different and outdated. It also lacks some of the new Hulu profiles and features like My Stuff, etc.
Therefore, if you are not able to connect to Hulu on your Samsung TV, make sure that your TV is compatible with the latest version of Hulu. Also, keep reading to find out how to update Hulu app on Samsung TV.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Network Connections
One of the most common reasons for Hulu not connecting to your Samsung TV is a poor network connection. If your network is weak and unstable, you may have trouble connecting and streaming Hulu. Therefore, instead of choosing to uninstall Hulu app on Samsung TV due to these issues, the first step that you should consider is to fix the network issues that may be causing this issue.
Step I: Restart WiFi Router
Fixing WiFi connections is one of the first methods that you can try to fix Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue. Generally, network and application connection errors on your smart TV are caused by improper router connections. Therefore, make sure that you have connected your router properly.
1. Long press the Power Button on your router.
2. Once the router has been turned off, unplug the router from the main switch.
3. Wait a couple of minutes, reconnect the cable, and turn on the WiFi router.
Check if the connection has been restored.
Step II: Monitor Network Connection
If the Hulu connection issues were not caused by the WiFi router, then it could be because of your internet provider. It is a good idea to check with the internet service you are using to make sure you are getting good enough network connections. Make sure you have an active internet plan on your devices to use the internet services. If you continue to suffer from a slow internet connection and can’t figure out how to fix it, you should check out the Slow Internet Connection? 10 Ways to Speed up your Internet! Also, continue reading to find steps to uninstall Hulu app on Samsung TV.
Method 3: Power Cycle Samsung TV
Sometimes, Hulu app connection and streaming issues are caused by Samsung TV software glitches. Just like most software issues, one of the first troubleshooting options is to restart the device. The easiest method to fix Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue on a Samsung Smart TV is to restart the entire TV. However, it is important to note that when you press the power button on your remote, it doesn’t turn off the TV. Instead, it puts your TV into standby mode, and as a result, the app on your TV doesn’t restart. You can force restart your Samsung TV by using two different methods, as discussed below. Also, later in this guide, find out how to update Hulu app on Samsung TV.
Option I: Restart TV Using Remote
Restarting a Samsung smart TV with the remote is easy and can be done by following these simple steps.
1. Make sure your TV is on (not in standby mode).
2. Long-press the power button on the remote and wait until the power comes back on.
Note: Once you press the power button, the Samsung TV will turn off, however, you need to keep pressing the power button until the power comes back on.
3. Now, press the Home button on the remote.
4. Finally, locate and open the Hulu app.
Option II: Manually Restart TV
Another effective method to power cycle your Samsung TV is to do it manually. You won’t need your TV remote to perform this method.
1. Unplug your TV’s power cord from the outlet or surge protector.
2. Wait for a couple of minutes.
3. Now, plug your TV back into the electrical outlet, and then turn it on.
4. Now, press the Home button.
5. Navigate to and select the Hulu app.
Also Read: Fix Hulu Error Code 2 975
Method 4: Wait for Hulu Server Uptime
One of the major reasons for the Hulu app issues with your Samsung TV is that the Hulu app servers are down at that moment. A server-down situation can stop all the app’s functions, and you may want to uninstall Hulu app on Samsung TV. In this case, you can’t do much to fix the issue since it is caused by the Hulu service’s end. If you want to make sure that the issue is caused by Hulu servers and not your device, you can download the Hulu app on a different device to see if it’s working fine. If the Hulu app is not working on other devices, then Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue is caused by a server issue. You can also check the server status from various server tracking websites, like Downdetector. Continue reading to find out how to update Hulu app on Samsung TV.
Method 5: Reset Smart Hub on Samsung TV
Samsung Smart Hub is an advanced and intelligent menu system developed for Samsung TV to give you an easy and smooth menu option experience. You can navigate around your Samsung TV menu and easily find your favorite movies and TV shows. However, if the Smart Hub is not working properly, you may run into various issues with your Samsung TV. You can fix these issues by resetting the Smart Hub menu on your Samsung TV. The process for resetting the Smart Hub can be different depending on the manufacturing date of your Samsung TV.
Option I: For Samsung TV Made in or Before 2018
If your TV model was made in 2018 or earlier, you can use these simple steps to reset the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV.
1. On your Samsung TV, navigate to Settings.
2. Now, select Support.
3. Here, select Self Diagnosis.
4. Finally, select Reset Smart Hub.
Note: During the reset process, Samsung TV may ask for your TV PIN. The default PIN for a Samsung TV is 0000. However, if you have changed the PIN, enter that PIN to complete the process.
Option II: For Samsung TV Made in 2019 or Later
If your TV model was made in 2019 or after 2019, you can use these simple steps to reset the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV to fix Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue.
1. On your Samsung TV, navigate to Settings.
2. Now, select Support.
3. Here, select Device Care.
4. Now, select Self-Diagnosis.
5. Finally, select Reset Smart Hub.
Also Read: Fix Hulu Error Code 2 998
Method 6: Update Samsung TV Firmware
Now that you know how to update Hulu app on Samsung TV, if updating the Hulu app does not fix the issue, you can try to update the Samsung TV firmware to fix the issue. Firmware updates will normally fix your TV app issues. Generally, Samsung smart TVs update automatically, however, they also have an option to manually force a firmware update for your Samsung smart TV.
1. From your TV remote, press the Home button to open the Smart Hub.
2. Here, select Settings from the smart hub menu.
3. Now, locate and select the Software Update tab.
4. Now, click Update Now option.
5. Wait for the download to finish.
6. Install the firmware update by following the on-screen instructions on your Samsung TV.
Method 7: Clear Hulu Cache
Often, this issue can be caused by the Hulu app itself. When the app has corrupt cache data stored, it may glitch and cause various issues. Samsung TV lets you clear an app’s cache to fix issues caused by corrupt cache data. This is one of the best methods to fix this issue, and often it will solve random glitches in the app and Samsung TV. You can follow these simple steps to clear the Hulu app cache on your Samsung TV.
1. Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote to open the Smart Hub options.
2. Here, select Settings.
3. Now, navigate to and select the Apps tab.
4. Now, select System Apps.
5. Here, locate and select the Hulu app.
6. Now, select the Clear Cache option.
7. Finally, press OK to confirm the process.
Also Read: How to Delete Profiles on Hulu
Method 8: Update Hulu App
An outdated version of the Hulu app on your device can also cause this issue. Therefore, updating the Hulu app on your Samsung smart TV can fix this and various other issues. The process to update Hulu on your Samsung TV depends on your TV model. There are two ways to update the Hulu app on your Samsung TV.
Option I: On New Samsung TV Models
You can follow these simple steps to update the Hulu app on your newer models of Samsung TVs.
1. From your TV remote, press the Home button.
2. Here, select Apps and then select Settings.
3. Now, turn auto-update on from the top-right side of the TV screen.
4. If there is an update pending, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Continue reading to find steps to uninstall Hulu app on Samsung TV.
Option II: On Old Samsung TV Models
You can follow these simple steps to update the Hulu app on your older models of Samsung TVs.
1. From your remote, press the Smart Hub button.
2. Here, select Featured and navigate to the Hulu app.
3. Now, press the Enter button.
4. Here, scroll down and select the Update apps option.
5. Now, select Select All and then Update.
6. Wait for the app to finish updating.
Method 9: Disable VPN Service (If Applicable)
If you are using a VPN service, the issue with the Hulu app on your Samsung TV may be caused by the VPN. Generally, most video applications and streaming services try to block VPN traffic to prevent unauthorized streaming. If your VPN has been blocked by Hulu, you likely won’t be able to access your streaming content. To avoid these issues, you can try to disable the VPN service you are using. If you are not sure what a VPN is, you can check out What is VPN? How it Works? guide to know everything about a VPN service and how you can use it to surf the internet better.
If removing VPN do not solve the problem, then follow the next method to uninstall and install Hulu app on Samsung TV.
Method 10: Reinstall Hulu
If the previous methods do not help with Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue, you can consider performing a reinstall of the Hulu app on your Samsung TV. You can follow these simple steps to uninstall and then install Hulu app on Samsung TV.
1. Press the Home button.
2. Here, select Apps from the on-screen menu.
3. Now, select Settings.
4. Now, navigate to the Hulu app.
5. Here, select Delete.
6. Now, press Delete in the pop-up to confirm the process. After removing the app follow the below steps to install Hulu app on Samsung TV.
7. Then, press the Home button.
8. Select Apps from the menu.
9. Here, select the magnifying glass icon in the Apps screen.
10. Type Hulu in the search box.
11. Select Hulu from the results, and then press the Install button.
Thus, this is how you can install Hulu app on Samsung TV.
Method 11: Use Hulu on Different Device
If none of the previous methods work and you can’t figure out a solution for this issue, you can consider trying Hulu on a different device. This method will also help you diagnose the cause of the issue. If Hulu works fine on a different device, then the issue can be due to your Samsung TV. However, if Hulu doesn’t work on a different device, the issue may be with your Hulu account.
Method 12: Contact Samsung TV or Hulu Support
If none of the previous methods work and you continue to have issues, you can consider communicating with Samsung TV or Hulu to figure out a solution. If the issue is caused by your Samsung TV, you can try to visit the Samsung support page to figure out a possible solution for your problem. On the other hand, if the issue was caused by Hulu services, you can connect with Hulu customer service from the Hulu HELP CENTER page.
Also Read: Fix Samsung TV Plus Not Working
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is a Samsung smart TV?
Ans. Samsung smart TVs are some of the most advanced and intelligent TV lines. Smart TVs allow you to not only have a world-class TV viewing experience but also give you access to other services such as streaming, the internet, and a home theatre experience.
Q2. Can I stream Hulu on my Samsung TV?
Ans. Yes, various Samsung smart TVs are compatible to install and run the Hulu streaming service.
Q3. Can I install Hulu on my Samsung TV?
Ans. Yes, users can install Hulu on their Samsung smart TVs to watch their favorite Hulu shows and movies.
Q4. How do I clear the Hulu app cache on my Samsung TV?
Ans. A corrupt Hulu cache can cause various issues with Samsung TVs. You can clear cache data by navigating to the settings.
Q5. What should I do if I can’t open Hulu on my Samsung TV?
Ans. You can try various methods to fix this issue that may be causing Hulu to not work on Samsung TV, such as clearing the cache or reinstalling the Hulu application.
- 28 Best Free Software for Windows PC
- Fix Nox Player System Error
- How to Get a Free Hulu Account
- Fix Error Model Bind on Samsung TV
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue. Also, you may know how to install Hulu app on Samsung TV. Let us know which method worked best for you the best. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.