Hulu is one of the popular streaming service owned by Walt Disney. If you are also using this platform to watch you favorite shows, then you may face Hulu error code 406 on your system. In this article, we have shown how to fix Hulu error code 406. Continue reading this article to fix the issue.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 406
If you are using Hulu as an OTT platform to view movies and TV shows, then Hulu error code 406 is a common error among the users. This error may occur due to various possible reasons. We have given troubleshooting methods to fix this error. But, before going through the methods, you should first check is Hulu down or not. You can visit the DownDetecter page to know if Hulu servers are working or not. If the servers are running and you are still facing the said error, then follow these troubleshooting methods to fix the error.
Method 1: Restart Device
The very basic thing you can do to fix any error is restarting your device. You may close the Hulu app and then reboot the PC, then check if Hulu error code 2(-998) still persists or not. If you are using Windows 10, follow these steps to restart your PC.
1. Hit the Windows key.
2. Click on the Power option.
3. Then, select the Restart option.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Network Connection
The said error may be due to problem with you network connection. So, you can try to troubleshoot your network and fix Hulu error code 406 issue. Follow the given steps to troubleshoot the network connection.
1. Firstly, reboot your router.
2. If you are using a PC, then try to run the Network adapter troubleshooter.
Also Read: Fix YouTube Network Error 503
Method 3: Clear Browser Cache
If you are using Hulu on your web browser like Chrome, then you should clear the browser cache and cookies. The cache and cookies in your browser may get corrupted which can result in Hulu error code 406. Follow our guide to clear Chrome browser cache on Windows 10.
Method 4: Clear Hulu App Cache
If you are using Hulu app on your smartphone, then you can also clear the Hulu app cache to fix the error code in your device. Here are the steps to clear Hulu app cache listed below:
1. Go to your phone Settings.
2. Tap on Applications and Permissions, as shown.
3. Scroll down and select Hulu from the list of apps.
4. Next, tap on Storage, as depicted below.
5. Lastly, tap on Clear cache, as shown highlighted.
Also Read: How to Delete Hulu Account
Method 5: Use VPN or Proxy Server
Also, you can use VPN or proxy server to fix Hulu error code 406. Due to certain restriction of to geographical location you may face the said error while watching movies on Hulu. So, using a good VPN may solve this problem. You can follow our guide on How to Get NordVPN Account Free and set up the VPN. You can also try other VPNs such as ExpressVPN, SurfShark, and ProtonVPN.
Method 6: Update Hulu App
Outdated apps causes several bugs and errors. This may be same for the Hulu app too. Due to outdated version of Hulu app, you may face Hulu error code 2 975 or 406. Follow the steps listed below to update the Hulu app.
Option I: On Windows
1. Hit the Windows key, type Microsoft Store and click on Open.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon to open the menu. Now, click on Downloads and Updates as highlighted.
3. Next, click on the Get updates button and then, click on the Hulu download icon.
Option II: On Android
1. Firstly, tap on the Play Store icon on the Home Screen.
2. Next, tap on your Google profile pic from the top-right corner.
3. Then, tap Manage apps and device > See details.
4. Tap on Hulu and then, tap the Update icon on the next screen.
Once the update is done, launch Hulu and start streaming. If the Hulu Token Error 5 is still not rectified, try the next fix.
Also read: How to Fix Hulu Token Error 5
Method 7: Reinstall Hulu App
Here are the steps to reinstall the Hulu app the fix the error code.
Option I: On Windows
1. Hit the Windows key, type apps and features, and click on Open.
2. Select the Hulu app and click on the Uninstall option.
3. After uninstalling the Hulu app, reboot the PC.
4. Now, navigate to the Hulu Microsoft Store page and click on the Get in Store app option.
5. Finally, install the Hulu app again from the Microsoft Store.
Option II: On Android
1. Long-press the Hulu app and then, select Uninstall.
2. Now, open the Play Store app and search for the Hulu app from the search bar.
3. Finally, select the Hulu app and tap on Install.
Also Read: How to Fix Hulu Token Error 3
Method 8: Contact Hulu Support
Lastly if none of the above methods do not fix the said error, then try contacting Hulu support via the Hulu Support webpage.
- Why is RalinkLinuxClient Showing Up in Windows 10?
- Why is my Paramount Plus Not Working on my TV?
- How Do You Cancel CBS on Roku
- How Do I Log Into Hulu With My Spotify Account
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Hulu error code 406. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries, or suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.