Frustrated not being able to get into the world of Tevyat in Genshin Impact? Well, worry not gamer! If you are facing the Genshin Impact login error, you have come to the right place. We help you know the causes and fixes for this error, and let us help you get back to the game. So, keep reading!
Ways to Fix Genshin Impact Login Error
Genshin Impact is all about venturing into the vast expanse of Teyvat, assembling a team of powerful characters, and embarking on quests. But what if you cannot log in to your Genshin Impact account? That’s a real bummer. You could be locked out of your account for a variety of reasons. We bring to you a helpful guide that will fix Genshin Impact Login Error on PC in detail.
Try to verify your account information and change your account password and re-login to the game. Also you can update the game by following these steps:
1. Launch Epic launcher.
2. Click on the Profile icon and select Settings option.
3. Go to Manage Games section, and check Allow Auto-Updates option.
Why Can’t I Log In My Genshin Account?
It is important to know the root cause of the problem in order to return to the game and continue your epic journey. Below are some of the reasons for this login error to occur:
- Incorrect Login Information
- Server Downtime
- Account Ban
- Account Hacked
- Network Connectivity Issues
Learned about the causes of the error, and now it’s time to fix Genshin Impact Login Error PC.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Try these basic troubleshooting methods before you head onto other methods to resolve the issue.
1A. Troubleshoot Internet Connection
The first thing you need to do is check whether your internet is to blame for the occurrence of this error. As internet connectivity issues can occur at any time while you are using your computer. A slow and inconsistent internet connection can be the primary reason for the Genshin Impact login error. So, perform a SpeedTest and you can follow our guide on How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to learn various ways to troubleshoot your internet connection issues.
1B. Restart PC
It’s surprising how often a simple reboot can do wonders and fix the most stubborn issues. We highly recommend giving it a shot before delving into any complicated troubleshooting. Read our guide on 6 ways to reboot or restart a Windows 10 computer.
1C. Close Background Apps & Services
Closing apps and services that are running in the background can free up your RAM and resources which will eventually help Genshin Impact to run smoothly. You can read our guide on How to End Task in Windows 10 to close all other background processes on your Windows 10 PC.
Method 2: Wait for Server Uptime
If you’re experiencing login errors in Genshin Impact, it could be due to a problematic game server. Maybe it’s down for maintenance or facing some other issue. Don’t fret! Before trying any other fixes, make sure to check the server status first. It’s a simple yet crucial step to ensure smooth sailing on your epic gaming journey. If there is a problem, you can check it on DownDetector and wait till the server is up and running.
Also Read: What are the Genshin Impact PC Requirements?
Method 3: Change Password and Re-Login to Game
If you cannot log in to your Genshin Impact account, it’s likely that you are not providing the necessary account information. To make sure that you are entering the correct information when logging in, try changing your password. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Visit the Genshin Impact login page on your web browser.
2. Click on Forgot Password.
3. Enter your username or email, then click on Next.
4. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to change your account’s password.
After successfully changing your password, launch Genshin Impact and check if the error persists.
Method 4: Update Genshin Impact
Genshin Impact login issues can potentially be related to an outdated game version. Genshin’s servers may no longer support the version you are running, which makes logical given that, therefore it might not load. To fix the login issue on your device, just update the game. The Epic Games launcher for Genshin can be set to update automatically in the following manner:
1. Open the Epic Games launcher and click on the Profile icon at the top right corner.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Scroll down and under the Manage Games section, enable Allow Auto-Updates.
Method 5: Disable VPN & Proxy Services
VPNs function by randomly altering your default IP address and rerouting your traffic to a secure server. VPNs are great for safeguarding your network, but they can also impede its performance and lead to instability. If you’re experiencing difficulties logging in to your Genshin Impact account, then deactivate your VPN. You can follow our guide on How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 to know various ways to disable any VPN or Proxy services.
Method 6: Verify Integrity of Game Files
Here are the steps to verify the integrity of Genshin Impact’s game files on Epic Games:
1. Open the Epic Games Launcher on your computer.
2. Click on the Library tab to see a list of all the games you have installed on your computer.
3. Find Genshin Impact in the list and click on the three dots next to the game’s name.
4. From the menu, select Manage.
5. Then, click on the Verify button.
Wait until the verification procedure is finished. Depending on the size of the game and the speed of your computer, this could take some time. When the verification is finished, the launcher will let you know whether any files were corrupted or missing.
Also Read: How to Unlink Your Epic Games Account
Method 7: Reinstall Genshin Impact
You can reinstall Genshin Impact if none of the aforementioned fixes resolves your issue. The steps to uninstall Genshin Impact are as follows:
1. Press the Windows key, then type Control Panel, and click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Right-click on Genshin Impact and click on Uninstall.
4. Open Epic Games Launcher and click on Library.
5. Search for Genshin Impact and click on it.
6. Now, choose the install location by clicking on Browse and then, click on the Install button to start the installation process.
Method 8: Create a New Genshin Account
This is a method that might solve your problem but you will lose all your in-game progress and have to restart your Genshin journey right from the start. We surely won’t recommend this method, but if nothing seems to be working then this might be the last resort for you. If you want to compromise your progress to play the game again from the beginning, then you can try this method. Here are the steps to create a new Genshin account:
1. Go to the Genshin Sign-up page.
Note: Enter a different email address that is not been used previously.
2. Enter the required credentials, and follow the on-screen instructions to create and account.
Once you successfully created an account and logged in, launch Genshin Impact and check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Method 9: Contact Genshin Impact Support
It is perfectly okay to reach out to the game’s support team for further assistance if the suggested solutions do not solve your issue. To contact Genshin customer support, simply follow these steps:
1. Go to the Genshin Impact – hoyoverse official website.
2. Scroll down and click on Contact Us.
- How to Hide Images on Discord Mobile
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Player Count: How Many People Play the Game?
- Fix Genshin Impact Error Code 9114
- 7 Ways to Fix Genshin Impact Error Code 31 4302
Well, this Genshin Impact login error is one bummer, which forbids you from stepping into the beautiful world of Tevyat and enjoying the adventurous gameplay. But, now with all the methods outlined in this guide, it shouldn’t be an issue anymore, as you have learned how to deal with this error in some quick and easy ways. So, what’s the wait? Go and carry on with your adventure. We hope that this guide has helped you, but if you have any queries or suggestions, you can leave them in the comment section below.