You know the joy when jelly bean-like characters bounce, stumble, and race through multiple obstacle courses in the colorful world of Fall Guys, don’t you? But wait, what’s this? It is upsetting when you gear up for some multiplayer madness, only to find the – Fall Guys failed to login, check your connection message on the screen. In this article, we will find out why Fall Guys is telling you to check your connection and further fix the error.
Table of Contents
Fall Guys Failed to Login Check Your Connection
Wear your virtual jelly bean suit and let’s get the error fixed, so you can jump back into the game. However before that, also let us a take at the root causes behind the issue.
To fix the Fall Guys failed to login check your connection error, improve the internet connectivity, end all background tasks and restart the game. If it does not help, verify the game files:
1. Launch Epic Games and click on Library.
2. Search for Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout.
3. Click the three horizontal dots next to it and select Verify.
Why Fall Guys is Telling Me to Check My Connection
There are several reasons why you might be facing the error and why Fall Guys may prompt you to check your connection such as:
- Server Error
- Poor internet connection
- Firewall or Antivirus Settings
- Location Issues
- Outdated Game
Compatibility issues can be problematic as not every game can function smoothly on any set of hardware. So, before we get into the fixes, you fulfill the minimum system requirements needed to play Fall Guys on PC.
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7950
- Storage: 2 GB available space.
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Operating System: Windows 10 64bit only
- Network: Broadband internet connection
If all already fulfill the above-mentioned system requirements and are still facing the error, go through the methods mentioned below to fix it:
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting
Let’s first try some easy trial-and-error troubleshooting methods and see if they resolve the issue.
Method 1A: Restart Fall Guys
Oftentimes, restating the app can solve all the temporary glitches as it allows the files to load up again. Hence close Fall Guys and restart the game after a few minutes to see if it helps.
Method 1B: Improve Network Connectivity
As with any other online game, Fall Guys too needs smooth internet connectivity and good speed to run. If there are any form of discrepancies or lags faced in the connection or the speed is inadequate, it could cause log-in errors in the game. We have a complete guide on How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10. Once the network issues are fixed, you can start the game.
Method 2: Change Geographical Location
Is it not a surprise that certain games are not available in all geographical regions and as games update regularly, it is a possibility that falls guys might not be available in your location. You can use a VPN for gaming to access it from a different region. Moreover, if you face server issues in your area, this will help you connect to the Fall Guys server from a different region.
Follow the given steps to change the geographical location on VPN.
Note: The steps mentioned below were performed on NordVPN.
1. Launch Nord VPN on the PC.
2. Next, select any other region and restart the game.
Method 3: Disable Active VPN or Proxy
Yes, we know that in the previous method, we suggested you use a VPN to play the game. However, sometimes this too can be the reason you face the error. If you have been already using a VPN or if there is any active Proxy on the PC and face connection issues with the game, disable it and then start the game. Follow our guide on How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10.
Method 4: Verify game files for Fall Guys
Damaged or missing game files could also trigger log-in errors in the game. So, we suggest you check whether any of the files got corrupt during downloading. For this, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch the Epic Games launcher.
2. Select Library and search for Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout.
3. Click on the horizontal three dots and select Verify from the drop-down menu.
Method 5: Edit Fall Guys Engine.ini File
Follow the step mentioned below to edit the Engine.ini file for Fall Guys:
1. Press Windows Key + R and type %localappdata% in the dialog box. Click on OK.
2. Follow the path: EpicGamesLauncher > Saved > Config > Windows.
3. Right-click on the Engine.ini file and move the cursor to Open. Choose Notepad.
4. In the Notepad window, add the following.
[HTTP] HttpTimeout=10 HttpConnectionTimeout=10 HttpReceiveTimeout=10 HttpSendTimeout=10 [Portal.BuildPatch] ChunkDownloads=3 ChunkRetries=20 RetryTime=0.5
5. Press Ctrl + S to save.
Also Read: How to Play Creative 2.0 in Fortnite
Method 6: Change DNS Server
Changing the Domain Name System or DNS addresses can make the network reliable, secure, and fast. This ultimately can fix Fall Guys failed to login, check your connection. However, before you perform the method on your PC, we would recommend that you create a system restore point. After the restore point is created, follow the steps to change the DNS server:
1. Launch the Control Panel on the PC and click on Network and Internet.
2. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
3. Now, choose Change adapter settings on the left.
4. Right-click on the internet source (in our case it is Wi-Fi) and select Properties.
5. Under the Networking tab, click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/1Pv4) and select Properties.
6. Checkmark Use the following DNS server addresses.
7. Type the preferred and alternate DNS servers and click on OK.
- If you are on an IPv4, enter 126.96.36.199 for the Preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 for the Alternate DNS server.
- For IPv6, enter 2001:4860:4860::8888 in the Preferred DNS server and 2001:4860:4860::8844 in the Alternate DNS server box.
Method 7: Update Network Adapter Drivers
We recommend you update your network adapter drivers as outdated ones could result in inefficient connectivity. Follow our guide on How to Update Network Adapter Driver on Windows 10. Once the adapters are updated, restart Fall Guys and see if you still see the failed to login, check your connection message, or if the error is fixed.
Method 8: Update Windows OS
Oftentimes it is found that the issue is not in your game or your internet connection but in the OS. It is really important to update the PC for apps and games to not encounter compatibility issues. Follow our guide on How To Download And Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
Method 9: Reset Network Setting
If the above-mentioned methods didn’t work for you, we recommend you reset the network settings on your Windows PC. Refer to our guide on How to Reset Network Settings on Windows 10.
Method 10: Reinstall Fall Guys
In case the error still persists, you should once uninstall and reinstall the game. Follow the steps mentioned below if you play Fall Guys using the Epic Games Launcher:
1. In the Epic Games launcher, click on Library on the right.
2. Right-click on Fall Guys and click on Uninstall.
3. Once uninstalled, search for Fall Guys in the Library and left-click on it.
4. Select INSTALL.
After the game is properly installed, enter your login credentials and see if you were successfully able to log in to the game.
Method 11: Contact Support Page
Lastly and unfortunately, if none of the methods helped and you still see the failed to login check your connection message persistent, we recommend contacting the Fall Guys support page. Explain your issue to them and kindly wait for their response.
Recommended: How to Get Free Codes for Games
It is never a great feeling to find interruptions when you are all set for an amazing gaming session with your buddies. We hope that following our guide, you could fix Fall Guys failed to login check your connection error. If you have any queries or suggestions, free free to drop them in the comments section below.