Are you sick of wondering how do I fix error 0x80070718? And you do not know what to do with the error message of not enough quota is available to process this command and how to fix it. Now, you no longer need to worry at all. We bring you a perfect guide that will help you fix error 0x80070718. Before we begin, let’s understand what this error is about. This error usually occurs when transferring a file from one computer to another in a network folder, and can be caused by several factors, some of which are listed below.
- How to Fix Error 0x80070718 Not Enough Quota is Available to Process this Command in Windows 10
- Method 1: Quit Other Processes
- Method 2: Change Disk Usage Limits
- Method 3: Change Default Save Location
- Method 4: Troubleshoot Windows Files and Folders
- Method 5: Customize Paging File Size
- Method 6: Disable Quota Management
How to Fix Error 0x80070718 Not Enough Quota is Available to Process this Command in Windows 10
Following we have listed the possible reasons behind the issue.
- Low Disk usage limits, which can’t load shared files
- Less paging file size
- SSD as the default save location
- Due to sharing corrupt files
Let’s begin with easy to mid-level methods, and hopefully, this guide will help you get rid of the annoying thought of how do I fix error 0x80070718.
Method 1: Quit Other Processes
Another simple and obvious trick is to close all other running apps. Having too many apps open can quickly take up a significant amount of battery, memory, and speed. While running or even in the background, each app takes up a certain amount of space. If you have several applications open, close them all before trying to share the file again. By doing this, you can free up a certain amount of space and some quota. To do so follow our Guide on How to End task on Windows.
Method 2: Change Disk Usage Limits
One of the primary reasons you are facing an error message of not enough quota is available to process this command, is because the space given to the folder is less than the requirement. Do the following to increase the disk space:
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set the View by mode to Large icons.
3. Click on Sync Center.
4. Then click on Manage offline files.
5. Go to Disk Usage tab and click on Change limits.
6. Increase the maximum disk space between 70% and 100% of offline and temporary files by dragging the slider towards the right direction. Then click on OK.
7. Click on OK on Offline Files window as well.
8. Restart your PC and check whether error 0x80070718 has been resolved.
Also Read: Fix Error Code 0x80070490 in Windows 10
Method 3: Change Default Save Location
Most of the users who use SSD or Solid State Drive on their system have encountered error 0x80070718. By changing the default save location to HDD or Hard Disk Drive, error 0x80070718 can be solved.
1. Hit the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Click on System setting.
3. Go to Storage section and then click on Change where new content is saved option.
4. After that, from the New document will save to drop-down menu, and select Local Disk (C:).
Method 4: Troubleshoot Windows Files and Folders
Another reason behind the error could be because of any faulty or corrupted system file or folder. With this method, we recommend you to download Microsoft’s Diagnoses and Repair files & folder troubleshooter to repair the errors in files and folders. Do the following:
Note: The troubleshooter is not supported on the Windows 11 OS.
1. To download the troubleshooter, visit the official Microsoft page.
2. Click on Download.
3. Then go to your Downloads folder and double-click on winfilefolder.DiagCab troubleshooter.
4. Click on Advanced option.
5. Then click on the checkbox of Apply repairs automatically option. After that, click on Next.
6. Select Other or I don’t know option and click on Next.
Your PC will automatically restart in 10 minutes after the completion of the troubleshooter. If not, restart manually.
Method 5: Customize Paging File Size
Similarly, like disk space, if the virtual memory of a paging file is lower than the space needed, then it is likely that error 0x80070718 will show up. Follow these steps to customize paging file size:
1. Open the Control Panel app.
2. Set the View by feature to Small icons.
3. Then, click on System setting.
4. Scroll down and click on Advanced system settings.
5. Go to the Advanced tab and click on Settings… under the Performance section.
6. Again, go to Advanced tab and click on Change….
7. Then, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option.
8. Click on Custom size. Now, enter the Initial size value as Recommended which is mentioned in the same window at the bottom.
9. And, set the Maximum size to slightly higher than the Initial size value. Lastly, click on Set.
For example, if you have set the initial size to 1405 MB, then set Maximum size above 1405 MB. Lastly, click on Set.
10. Then, click on OK button, apply the changes and click on Restart Now.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 File System Error 2147219196
Method 6: Disable Quota Management
Quota is the main problem behind error 0x80070718. If the above methods didn’t work for you to fix error 0x80070718, then you should simply disable the quote management. To do so read our guide on How to Enable or Disable Disk quotas in Windows.
- Fix Skype Can’t Access Sound Card in Windows 10
- Fix Startupinfo exe System Error in Windows 10
- Fix C Drive Keeps Filling Up for No Reason
- Fix Not Enough Storage is Available to Process this Command
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix error 0x80070718 not enough quota is available to process this command. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding any tech-related issues, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.