There is a high percentage of users all around the world who own an Android phone. There are a number of Android phone companies that have established themselves as reliable. One of these companies is Motorola which surfaced as a popular brand for smartphones, especially in the 90s. While the brand was bought from Google by Lenovo in 2014, its smartphones are still owned by its loyal customers. One of the famously used Motorola phones is Droid Turbo 2. While the mobile phone supports high-end technology, it has faced some inevitable issues in recent times including Droid Turbo 2 camera not working. If you have the same phone and are wondering about rear facing camera on Droid Turbo 2 not working, then we are here with your answers in our informative guide. Along with discussing different ways in which you can fix the camera issue, we will also uncover the reasons that lead to this situation and different Droid Turbo 2 camera settings that you can explore while using your Motorola device. So, let us begin without delaying any further and jump right into some easy fixes.
- How to Fix Droid Turbo 2 Camera Not Working
- Reasons behind Droid Turbo 2 Camera Not Working
- How to Fix Rear Facing Camera on Droid Turbo 2 Not Working
- Method 1: Restart Phone
- Method 2: Close Background Applications
- Method 3: Clear Cache Partition
- Method 4: Uninstall Conflicting Third-Party Applications
- Method 5: Get Rear-Facing Camera Fixed
- Droid Turbo 2 Camera Settings and Features
How to Fix Droid Turbo 2 Camera Not Working
Continue reading this article to know about the solutions to rear facing camera on Droid Turbo 2 not working issue in detail.
Reasons behind Droid Turbo 2 Camera Not Working
Camera issues in Droid Turbo 2 can occur while attempting to use the rear-facing camera. This results in an error pop-up message. Due to this error, the app does not switch to the front camera. If this is the case with your device then there can be a few possible reasons behind it:
- Minor bugs or glitches in the device.
- Interference of background applications with the camera.
- Third-party applications can also stop the front camera from working.
- Cluttered cache partition of the device.
- Broken rear-facing camera.
How to Fix Rear Facing Camera on Droid Turbo 2 Not Working
There are a number of ways corresponding to the reasons stated above that can help you resolve issues with your Droid Turbo 2 camera. Let us look at some of these quick fixes below in detail:
Method 1: Restart Phone
A simple restart is the first fix that you must try to resolve general issues with your Droid Turbo 2. Sometimes, a minor glitch or a bug can result in your camera getting shut automatically. So, you must restart your device once to see if the issue resolves.
1. Hold the power button of your Droid Turbo 2 located on the right side.
2. Hold the button until a window pops up.
3. Now, on Power Off on the screen.
4. After a few seconds, turn your device back on and check if the camera works fine now.
Method 2: Close Background Applications
Unused background applications on your device are also known to cause Droid Turbo 2 camera not working. Therefore, you must close any app running in the background. Our guide on How to Kill Android Apps Running in the Background will help you in detail in attempting this method.
Method 3: Clear Cache Partition
Every Android device stores cache partition temporarily. This cache partition contains data that can build up with time and slows down your device. This directly impacts your device performance. Therefore, you must wipe the cache partition from your phone to resolve this issue. You can learn all about How to Clear Cache on Android Phone (And Why Is It Important) through our detailed guide.
Method 4: Uninstall Conflicting Third-Party Applications
There are a number of third-party applications on your device that use the camera. These camera-using apps can conflict with your camera and result in rear facing camera on Droid Turbo 2 not working. So, you must uninstall these applications right away from your device. To completely remove third-party apps, you can check our guide on How to Uninstall or Delete Apps on your Android Phone.
Method 5: Get Rear-Facing Camera Fixed
If the above-mentioned methods did not help you with fixing the rear-facing camera issues, you must get the camera fixed as it can be broken. You can get the camera replaced physically or even can get it fixed to make it start working. To do so, you can contact Motorola Support and tell the supervisors about the issue you are facing with your device.
Droid Turbo 2 Camera Settings and Features
There are a few camera settings that you can know of if you are using a Droid Turbo 2 device. Let us look at some features of the camera that you can use:
1. Take Photo
You can use Droid Turbo 2 camera for clicking a picture. You can use the following features to take a picture using your Motorola phone:
- You can adjust camera settings such as flash and photo size.
- You can zoom in using the viewfinder up and down.
- Change the focus location using the drag focus ring.
- Change the exposure using the control on the focus ring to lighten or darken the shot.
- You can swipe the viewfinder right and touch the timer icon to set the time.
- You can open the gallery of your phone to review photos or videos.
2. Take Selfie
- To take a selfie on Droid Turbo 2, tap on the camera icon and switch to the front camera.
- You can tap anywhere on the viewfinder and swipe it.
- Finally, tap on the timer icon to click a selfie.
3. Take Panoramic Photo
- Swipe the viewfinder right and frame one side of the screen.
- You can touch the screen anywhere and start panning across the scene when prompted.
- On reaching the end of the screen, tap on the stop icon.
4. Let Droid Turbo 2 Take Photo
You can also tell your phone to take a photo by saying the launch phrase.
5. Share Photos
Apart from taking photos, you can also share them using your camera app.
- You can swipe the viewfinder screen to the left of the camera and tap on the photo to share.
- Tap on the share icon to send photos via different apps.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How long does Droid Turbo 2 last without charging the battery?
Ans. Droid Turbo 2 lasts for about 48 hours without charging the battery.
Q2. What does wiping the cache partition do?
Ans. Wiping the cache partition removes the temporary files that might be causing your device to slow down and result in performance issues. Personal files and settings of your Android device are not affected by clearing the cache.
Q3. Does performing a factory reset remove all the cache?
Ans. Performing a factory reset removes all the cache along with other user data on a mobile phone.
Q4. How can I update my Droid Turbo 2 device?
Ans. You can update your Droid Turbo 2 device by accessing Settings, System updates, and then selecting the Check for new system update option.
Q5. Is Droid Turbo 2 battery replaceable?
Ans. The battery of Droid Turbo 2 does not last forever and replacing it is an option that is available for the device users.
- 7 Best Fixes for Spotify Something Went Wrong Error on Android
- 12 Ways to Fix Google Chrome High CPU and Memory Usage on PC
- 3 Easy Ways for Connecting Droid Turbo to Windows PC
- How to Turn On Moto E4 Notification Light
We hope that our guide on Droid Turbo 2 camera not working was informative enough to help you with fixing the rear-camera issues in your phone and uncovering the reasons behind it as well. In addition, if you found the camera settings of Droid Turbo 2 useful, please let us know. Also, leave your comments below if you have any queries or doubts on another topic.