In their effort to ensure the privacy of their users, many social media platforms have limited the information that is available to their consumers. For Snapchat, this modification came in the form of users being unable to see the total number of friends they have on the platform.
While many users agree that this was a welcome change, others were a bit disappointed. Being able to see the number of friends you have and how to see how many followers someone has on Snapchat is a fundamental feature of social media platforms and if you want to regain that privilege, read ahead to find out how many friends you have on Snapchat.
Find Out How Many Friends You Have On Snapchat
How to see your friend list on Snapchat
While Snapchat does not show the total number of friends you have, it does show you the list and also shows. If you are not connected to a lot of people on the platform, you can do the math yourself and find out how many friends you have on Snapchat.
1. Open the Snapchat application on your smartphone and tap on your bitmoji in the top right corner.
2. Scroll down to the section titled Friends and tap on ‘My friends’.
3. This will show you your friend list in alphabetical order and you can count them to find the total number.
How to know the total number of friends you have on Snapchat
For regular users of Snapchat, who have accumulated quite a few friends on the platform, counting them from a list will not be easy. Although the platform does not give away this information easily, there are a few steps you can follow to find out the number of friends you have on Snapchat:
1. Open the Snapchat application on your phone and tap on the map symbol in the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. Once the map is open, tap on the Settings icon on the top right corner of the screen.
3. This will open the location settings on Snapchat. By default, the ‘Ghost Mode’ is turned on. Tap on the toggle switch to turn it off.
4. Below, on the ‘Who can see my location’ panel, tap on ‘Only These Friends.’
5. This will open the list of your friends on Snapchat. On the top right corner, tap on ‘Select All.’
6. On the bottom, tap on ‘Save’ to save these settings and continue.
7. Return to the Map page and tap on your bitmoji on the top left corner.
8. On your profile scroll down to the section titled ‘Snap Map.’
9. This map will reveal the number of friends that have access to your location. Since you selected all the people from your friend list, you will be able to see the total number of friends you have on Snapchat.
How to View the Stats on Your Story
Another effective way to see how many people you have on Snapchat is by viewing the stats on your story. Although this method may not provide accurate results, the views on your story will help you get to an approximate number. To get a more accurate idea of the people you have on Snapchat, it is better to wait for a day, before viewing the stats on your story.
1. Upload a story from your Snapchat profile.
2. Tap on your profile on the top left corner to proceed.
3. In the ‘Stories’ panel, you will be able to see the views on your story.
- How to Increase Your Snapchat Score
- How to Get Rid of Snapchat Update on Android
- What Does Pending Mean On Snapchat?
- How to Remove a Virus from an Android Phone
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to find out how many friends you have on Snapchat. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.