Apple offers a lot of incredible apps, and one of them is Find My iPhone. This amazing application helps users find their lost iOS device. Not just this, it allows users to track the whereabouts of their nearest and dearest. But what does the Live status on the app mean? Does live location mean they are using their phone? What does live mean on Find My Friends? Let’s discuss these questions in detail.
Does Live Location Mean They Are Using Their Phone?
No, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the person with live location turned on is using their phone. It just means that you can see their live location in real-time rather than the last location updated by them.
What Does Live Mean on Find My Friends?
The live feature is a part of the Find My app. The live on Find My Friends means iOS users can track someone else’s location in real time. With this function, you can see your friends or family’s current location without relying on Apple servers for location updates. By obtaining permission from other iPhone users, you can take advantage of the live feature to track their every stop. It gives you every update about their direction, speed, and overall movement.
How Accurate is Find My iPhone Live?
iPhone Find My app is generally very accurate, as long as you have enabled the location settings. Enabling the location helps improve the accuracy of the Find My app. However, the accuracy can vary based on a few factors including:
- Accessibility of the GPS signals is important.
- Another factor is the number of cell towers that your device is connected.
- The obstructions between your device and cell towers like trees, buildings, and bad weather can limit the app’s accuracy.
Although the app is incredibly accurate, it is important to be aware of the factors listed above that can make the application less accurate.
How to Turn on Live Location on Find My iPhone
To enable live location on Find My iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Privacy & Security.
3. From the menu, tap on Location Services.
4. Turn on the toggle for Location Services.
5. Now, tap on Share My Location located below.
6. Turn on the toggle for Share My Location.
7. Go to the Find My app.
8. Tap on Start Sharing Location, select the person you want to send your live location to, and tap on Send.
9. Choose any one option from the list in the pop-up.
Your live location will start to be shared with your friends and family.
Find My iPhone Vs Find My Friends
Find My iPhone and Find My Friends are two separate applications, offering different features. Find My iPhone is primarily designed to locate stolen or lost phones. When you use this app on your Apple device, it provides a list of all your and your family members’ devices individually, along with their precise locations. This application allows you to remotely lock or erase a stolen or lost device. Additionally, the app enables you to control your iPhone as well as any macOS or iOS devices that are registered on the same iCloud account.
On the other hand, the Find My Friend app is focused on sharing and locating the locations of your friends, families, or anyone who chooses to share their location with you. Unlike the Find My iPhone application, this app doesn’t reveal the number of iOS devices your friends have, instead, it only provides information about the location of their iOS devices.
Find My Live Vs Find My Now
During the iOS 15 update, Apple introduced two important features in the Find My app:
- The Find My Now feature provides the location of someone at the exact moment you check it. This feature displays statics reading of someone’s location.
- On the other hand, the Find My Live feature offers a dynamic reading of someone’s location, which is updated in real time.
When you have the live feature enabled on your iOS 15, you can easily see other users’ every move, as long as they have given you permission to track them. This makes it easier for you to connect with other users.
We hope we answered your question does live mean they are using their phone. If you still have any further queries or suggestions, please feel free to drop them in the comments box below. Stay tuned to Techcult for more interesting and helpful articles.