Clipboards have been an essential tool these days that make sharing a breeze. As a part of the standard copy-and-paste feature on smartphones, it typically refers to a temporary storage area. Whenever you copy text or other content, it gets saved in the clipboard, allowing you to paste it anywhere, any app of your choice. Now, a clipboard really comes in handy on platforms such as Instagram as you can use it to copy and paste captions, hashtags, & more. But the question arises – how? We will show you the same in this blog, so stay clipped till the end!
How to Use Clipboard on Instagram on Android and iPhone
Let’s say you just scrolled through an interesting post and you want to save its caption. While you may think of taking a screenshot, let’s be honest – why would you save an image just for the required, especially when it takes up more space on the device? Furthermore, what if you only want to share the caption with someone and not the entire post or image? Well, you can copy text from a post on Instagram, get it saved on the clipboard, and paste it wherever you desire. Easy, isn’t it?
Although Instagram does not have a built-in clipboard, it lets you access your mobile clipboard on the platform.
Method 1: Direct Way
As you copy a text from any source on your Android phone, it gets saved on the built-in clipboard, which you can paste directly on Instagram, be it on your Story or caption for post. We will follow the steps and use the clipboard for creating a post:
1. First, select and copy the text you want to paste.
2. Open Instagram, tap on the + icon, choose the picture you want to post, and then tap on Next at the top-right corner.
3. Now in the Write a caption… text field, tap and hold the cursor until a pop-up appears.
4. If you want to paste the content, tap on Paste or you can tap on Clipboard to access the clipboard.
5. Once the text is pasted in the caption field, you can tap on Share to post it.
Method 2: Use Clipboard via Keyboard
Many popular Android keyboard apps come with built-in clipboards that you can use on Instagram.
Note: These steps were performed on the Samsung Keyboard app pre-built on Samsung devices, as shown in the illustrations below.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Follow the usual steps and navigate to the New post page on Instagram.
2. Tap on the Write a caption… text field and then tap the three dots icon on the keyboard.
3. Tap on Clipboard from the menu.
4. Now you can choose the text you want to paste into the field.
Also Read: Where is Clipboard on iPhone 11?
Method 3: Use Edge Panels (Samsung Smartphones)
Edge panels are like a shortcut tab specifically available on Samsung devices that allows users to access frequently used apps, contacts, and even the Clipboard. You can access it just by swiping on the Edge panel handle on the screen, Moreover, you can also use it to copy an image to the clipboard and paste it from there.
If you have not enabled Edge panels on your Samsung phone, follow the steps:
1. Open Settings, tap on Display, and tap on Edge panels.
2. Slide the toggle next to On to enable it and then tap on Panels.
3. Check the Clipboard option.
4. Now, copy the text or image as required.
5. Open Instagram, swipe the Edge panels handle on the screen and tap on the text or image you want to paste.
On the caption field for your post, you can only paste the text but on stories, you can paste the image. You can also use it to copy and paste content on messaging platforms.
Method 4: Using In-built Keyboard
Unlike Android, there’s no dedicated clipboard on iOS. However, whenever you copy text on an iPhone, it gets saved in its integrated keyboard which you can paste somewhere else. Follow the steps:
1. Copy the text you want to paste on Instagram from the source.
2. Open Instagram and add a picture for your new post.
3. In the Write a caption… section, tap and hold the screen, and then select Paste from the pop-up.
Also Read: How To View Clipboard History On Windows 10
How to Delete a Clipboard on Instagram
You can delete items from your clipboard. It helps you clear out unnecessary items and make space for new ones.
Follow these steps if you’re an Android user looking to clear your clipboard:
1. Open any text field and tap on it to open the keyboard.
2. Tap the three dots icon on the keyboard and select Clipboard from it.
3. Tap the Delete icon at the top right corner of the keyboard.
On iPhone, there is no direct way to delete anything on the clipboard. As it saves items only once, all you can do is copy something else to replace the previous one.
Recommended: Top 20 Best Mac Clipboard Manager Apps
What Does Link Copied to Clipboard Mean on Instagram?
You can copy the Instagram profile link or posts of yourself as well as others to share on other social media platforms. Whenever you copy the link, a message pops up that says link copied to clipboard. It means that the profile or post’s link has been saved on the device’s clipboard, which you can paste into other apps or messages.
That is it! We hope our guide helped you use the clipboard on Instagram. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, feel free to leave them in the comment box below. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such app-related information.