Clipboard history is nothing but storage where all your duplicate copy of data is stored. When you are copying, cutting, or moving some data from one place to another on your PC, a copy of this data is saved in your Computer’s Clipboard. The data can be in the form of text, hyperlink, text, or an image. The Clipboard usually resets after you shut down your computer, so the data you copy during one session of use are stored on your computer’s Clipboard. The function of a Clipboard is to allow users to copy or move the data from one place to another on a computer. Moreover, you can also move the data from one application to another.
On your Windows 10 computer, when you use the copy-paste shortcut that is Ctrl+ C and Ctrl+ V, the data is easily copied to the desired place. However, sometimes you may want to access the Clipboard history to view all the data that you have copied or moved from one place to another. You can even copy the data that you require again from the clipboard history. Windows XP provides a pre-installed clipboard program that the users can use to view the clipboard history of a PC running on Windows 10. Therefore, we understand that clipboard history can come in handy, and that is why we have a small guide that you can follow to know how to view Clipboard history.
Table of Contents
How To View Clipboard History On Windows 10
Reasons to view Clipboard history on Windows 10
There may be many reasons for wanting to see the Clipboard history. The primary reason to view the Clipboard history is to delete the sensitive data that you copied on your computers, such as your login ids, passwords, or banking details. It is crucial to delete sensitive data from the Clipboard history, especially when you do not use your personal computer. Another reason could be to access some previous data that you copied or moved on your computer from one place to another.
3 Ways to view Clipboard history on Windows 10
We are mentioning some ways that you can use to access the Clipboard history on your Windows 10 computer:
Method 1: Use the in-built Clipboard History
Windows 10 update in 2018 introduced the in-built Clipboard history feature. You can read about the clipboard history functionality from the official Microsoft page. However, the inbuilt Clipboard history supports only text, HTML, and images that have a size of less than 4 MB. You can easily enable the feature of Clipboard history by following these steps.
1. The first step is to open the Clipboard Settings. For this, use the Windows search bar in the bottom left of the screen to type ‘Clipboard settings’ and click on Open.
2. In Clipboard history, switch the toggle on for the option ‘Clipboard history.’
3. If you want to sync your Clipboard history to another device then click on ‘Sign in‘.
4. Moreover, if you want to clear your clipboard data, you can easily click on the ‘Clear’ button under “Clear clipboard data”.
5. Some applications such as Microsoft word has in-build Clipboard options that you can use in the application itself. For this, open Microsoft word and click on the Clipboard under the Home section.
Method 2: Download the Clipboard app from Windows Store
Another method is using the Clipboard app that is designed for Windows 10 users for able to access the Clipboard history. You can easily use the Clipboard app for moving and copying the data from one place to another. This application is a better alternative to the in-build Clipboard in Windows 10 as you can view all your Clipboard history conveniently. Moreover, the application is pretty easy to use, and you can quickly install the application from the Windows store on your computer. Follow these steps for this method.
1. Type Microsoft store in the Windows Search bar then click on the Microsoft Store from the search results.
2. In the Microsoft Store, Search for the ‘Clipboard’ application.
3. Locate the Clipboard application from the search results and click on Get to install it. Make sure that you are downloading the right application. Clipboard app is published by Justin Chase and is free of cost.
4. Once it is successfully installed, Launch it.
5. Finally, you can use the application to view the clipboard history on Windows 10 Computer. Moreover, you also have the option of sharing the Clipboard data from the application to any other desired location.
Method 3: Use the Clipdiary App
If you are not satisfied with the previous application that is available on the Windows Store, then you have the option of using this application called Clipdiary. This application is available for Windows 10 users in the form of a third-party Clipboard viewer and manager on Windows 10. Clipdiary does not involve any charges for using the services as it is free of cost. You can use this application to look at all the data that you have copied or moved from one place to another during your current session. Moreover, you can also edit or remove the data from the Clipboard history using this application. You can follow these steps for installing and using the clipdiary app:
1. The first step is to download the clipdiary app on your Windows 10 computer. For this, you can easily download this application from your Google browser.
2. Now, download and install the clipdiary application on your computer. When the app is downloaded, all you have to do is locate where it has downloaded and double click on it to launch the app.
3. After launching the clipdiary app, you can easily use the shortcut Ctrl+ D to view the Clipboard history, as this app will run in the background while you are using the computer.
4. Finally, with the help of this application, you can retrieve the data that you have copied on the Clipboard, or you can edit all the data in the Clipboard history. Moreover, you can conveniently move the copied data from the Clipboard to any other location as well.
So this application is another great alternative to the previous methods. It is completely free of cost, and you do not have to pay anything for using all the features of the application.
- 4 Ways to Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10
- How To Use Windows 10 New Clipboard?
- Clear Clipboard using Command Prompt or Shortcut
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to view clipboard history on Windows 10 by using the above-mentioned methods. If you have any questions regarding this article then feel free to ask them in the comment section.