Discord provides a versatile space for communities to come together. Although text-based messaging has been the go-to method for communication on the platform, have you ever thought if you can send voice messages on Discord? Let us discuss it in this article.
Table of Contents
Share Voice Messages On Discord
Voice messages make it possible to add a more personal touch by sending voice messages. It helps you express yourself with tone & emotion and also collaborate with teammates more effectively. But when it comes to the availability of the feature, the answer is both yes and no.
- If you are using the Discord mobile app, then yes, you can send voice messages on Discord.
- Discord does not offer any built-in functionality for the website or desktop app. So, no you cannot directly send voice messages on these. However, we do have a trick for you.
How to Send Voice Messages on Discord on Android
Discord recently introduced voice messages for servers with more than 200 members. You can send voice notes and audio snippets to chats personally or on servers as well. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Note: Make sure the app is updated.
1. Open Discord and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
2. Select the chat or the server to which you want to send a voice chat.
3. Tap and hold the microphone icon next to the text bar at the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Record your voice message and release it to send.
Also Read: 28 Best Discord Game Bots
Voice Messages On Discord PC
As you know, there’s no direct method to send voice messages on Discord PC, let’s follow a workaround method. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Discord on your PC.
2. Press the Windows button to open the start menu and search for Voice Recorder.
3. Record your voice in the Voice Recorder and save it on the PC.
4. Switch to Discord and choose your chat or server.
5. Double-click on the Plus icon.
6. Locate and select the voice file first and then click on the Open button.
7. Hit Enter, and with this, your voice message will be sent.
Recommended: 20 Best Free Karaoke Apps For PC
We hope this guide has answered your question about whether you can send voice messages on Discord. Even though you cannot send voice messages directly on a PC, the trick mentioned above will help you. If you have any queries about Discord or any other platforms, please feel free to let us know in the comments section.