Instagram has a large user base, and it’s a popular social platform where users are available in millions. Instagram grabs its user’s attention by improving its service or adding new features. To add new features, Instagram releases the update and checks it within their premises, called alpha testing. Once the alpha testing is over, it goes via an update to those users who have signed up for the beta program. After gathering reviews from the beta testers, if satisfied, Instagram releases the new update to all the users around the world region-wise. These updates can include anything, like a new feature, new layout changes, security improvement, or any app improvement. If you are someone who is looking to get back to your old Instagram layout or the old version of Instagram because you didn’t like it, this article will help you with that. It will guide you in steps on how to change your Instagram back to normal and change your Instagram layout. Also, you will get to understand how to change the view on Instagram.
Can You Go Back to Old Instagram Layout?
You will get to know how to get back to old Instagram layout further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Why Did Your Instagram Format Change?
It’s most likely because of the newer Instagram updates that your Instagram format has changed. If you’ve signed up for Instagram’s beta program, you will receive the updates more often than a regular user, where you’ll experience all the experimental features. If one of the updates includes the layout change, your old Instagram layout is changed to the new one. Also, if you don’t like the new layout, you can revert it to as it was at any time by just installing the previous version of the Instagram app on your phone.
Can You Go Back to Old Instagram Layout?
Yes, you can go back to old Instagram layout anytime by uninstalling the current version of the Instagram app and downloading the older version of your choice. You can’t download the older version of Instagram from the Play Store or the App Store, and there is no option to downgrade to the previous version of the app too.
Will Instagram Go Back to Normal?
Yes, Instagram will go back to normal if and only if they decide to. Also, because of the user’s negative reviews on the current updates in the app. Instagram is more likely trying to be like TikTok by promoting the reels because TikTok became famous because of short videos. Instagram had IGTV and video posting formats before Reels, but they added them as a separate section. The chances of Instagram going back to normal are less due to the popularity of Reels and the users watching them and creating professional reels.
How Do You Change Your Instagram Back to Normal?
Instagram frequently releases its app’s new versions both for Android and iOS devices, with new features added to it and fewer bugs than the previous version. But this update often adds to the weight of the application, which can sometimes be too much and maybe will not work if you use a mobile with low specifications. Sometimes, Instagram updates change its layout to make it more appealing but after upgrading, you may discover that you preferred the earlier version more.
As Play Store and App Store only provide you with the latest version of any apps, you have to manually download the older version and then manually install it on your device. Here is a guide on how can you use the downgraded version of Instagram.
Note: Make sure you note the current version of Instagram.
Step I: Uninstall Current Version of Instagram
1. Launch the Play Store on your phone.
Note: You can open the App Store on your iOS mobile.
2. Now, search for Instagram from the search bar and tap on the Instagram option from the search results.
3. Then, tap on the Uninstall option to successfully uninstall the current version of Insta from your phone.
This is how you uninstall an update on IG from the current version to get old Instagram layout back.
Step II: Download Previous Version of Instagram
1. Visit the APK Mirror website which contains all versions of Instagram.
2. Now, tap on the lower version of the Instagram app than the most recent one.
Note: You can ignore the APK files with Alpha or Beta tags in their names because they are the testing versions and developed for testing purposes. Hence, if you want to downgrade to a stable Insta version, those should be avoided.
3. Then, click on the download icon next to your selected version to uninstall an update on Instagram and download the previous one.
4. Swipe down and tap on the DOWNLOAD APK link, as shown below.
5. After that you will be redirected to a page showing Your download is starting.
6. Then, tap on the Download option from the popup message.
Step III: Install Downloaded APK
1. Launch the File Manager app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Instagram APK file that you downloaded earlier.
3. Then, tap on the INSTALL option to start the installation process. After a few seconds, your downloaded version of the Insta app will be installed on your phone.
4. Finally, log in to your account to use the app with the old layout of your choice.
Hopefully, following these steps, you can successfully uninstall an update on IG and install the old version of your choice.
Also Read: How to See Your Old Stories on Instagram
How Do You Change Your Instagram Layout?
You can follow the above steps to change your Instagram layout with the older version.
How Do You Change the Grid Layout on Instagram?
To change the grid layout on Instagram, follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the plus icon from the top of the screen.
3. Select the desired photos from your gallery in a format that makes it look like one big picture.
Note: You can also use third-party sites to make a grid layout image for Instagram.
4. Tap on the forward arrow icon > forward arrow icon > Done icon to post the photos.
5. Once posted, tap on the profile icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
6. And there you can see that your old grid layout has been changed.
Also Read: How to Restore the Old YouTube Layout
Why Has Your Instagram Layout Changed?
Your Instagram layout must have changed because of the new update rollout. Instagram is constantly adding features and improving its User Interface. And because of this, you are receiving so many updates with experimental layout changes. Mostly this kind of update, including layout changes and new features, is pushed to only those users who have signed up for the Instagram beta program. And if they receive no negative review about the new update, they push it to every other user as a stable update.
What Happened to Instagram Layout?
The Instagram layout has been changed a little. The new update doesn’t include any major changes to the layout, it has gotten a little bigger. The feeds you view have more space, the new Reel button has been added at the bottom, and the add photo/video button has gone up beside the message icon. The profile section looks the same now you can see the Reels section separately. And from the profile, you can upload your post or make a reel by just clicking the plus icon at the top-right of the screen.
How Do You Change the View on Instagram?
To change the view on Instagram, just follow these steps:
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Instagram account.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Instagram logo from the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on Following or Favorites.
4. Now, you’ll only see those accounts that you have followed or added to your favorites.
This is how you change the view on Instagram.
Did Instagram Revert Updates?
Yes, Instagram does revert updates. Instagram provides a service that is based on its product, and negative reviews regarding any feature or update come from its users. So, they immediately take action regarding it as they revert the update or take back the feature or give their users a new update with a fix. Recently, Instagram reverted the update after receiving negative reviews from users. The update included an increase in recommended posts from accounts that users don’t even follow and a full-screen feed that emphasized short-form videos on Reels.
- 17 Best App for WhatsApp Hacking
- How to Unmute Someone on Instagram
- How to Get 2016 Best Nine on Instagram
- How to Find Old Bios on Instagram
We hope that you learned if you can go back to old Instagram layout and how to change the view on Instagram. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.