Modern-day dating blooms amidst algorithms and swipes. However, it’s sad when you’re riding the waves of anticipation and suddenly your match slips away. Bumble users have noticed a strange phenomenon in which their matches have disappeared first and then reappeared mysteriously. Well, in today’s article, let’s discuss and understand it in more detail.
Table of Contents
Why Did Your Bumble Match Disappear?
Users can swipe through profiles and match with potential partners on Bumble. Sometimes it does happen that without any warning or explanation, a match disappears from the list. We understand that this can lead to confusion and disappointment. Here are a few possible scenarios that could be behind this occurrence:
- User Unmatched You: Well, it’s the most obvious and common reason. On Bumble, either user can unmatch the other, which removes the connection and the match from both profiles. Regardless of the reason, if they’ve done so or you’ve accidentally unmatched them, you will no longer see their profile in your match queue.
- Match Expired: Bumble has a time limit of 24 hours for making the first move in a match. Additionally, the app empowers women by allowing them to take charge and initiate the conversation in a male-female match. If there is no message from your Bumble match or you haven’t replied to them within the given time window, their profile will expire and disappear.
- Violation of Guidelines: Bumble has strict guidelines regarding the kind of behavior and content that is allowed on the app. If a user’s account violates the community guidelines, all their matches may be removed temporarily or permanently as a part of account moderation. In such cases, they’ll no longer be your match and hence you’ll not find their profile in the list.
- User Blocked You: If your Bumble match blocks you, you’ll no longer be able to see their profile or communicate with them on the app. Ultimately, they will not appear under your matches list.
- Deleted their Account: It is also possible that the user’s profile disappeared from the match queue because they deleted their Bumble profile after matching up with you.
- Account Suspension: In case your match was a fake account on Bumble or their profile was flagged and reported multiple times they might get suspended. Hence, their account will be removed and all of their matches will disappear. It is done to ensure that the platform remains safe and enjoyable for all users.
- Your Subscription Expired: Bumble offers a premium subscription service called Bumble Boost, which gives users access to additional features such as unlimited swipes, the ability to rematch with expired matches, and the ability to see who has liked their profile. If a user’s subscription expires, they may not be able to access the app’s premium features, and their matches may disappear.
- Technical Glitches: Lastly, if you have observed that your Bumble match has disappeared first and then reappeared, it is likely attributable to technical glitches. Occasionally the app encounters minor bugs that result in such errors. If that’s the case with you, we recommend you update the app.
How to Tell If Someone Unmatched You on Bumble
Often users find themselves unmatched on dating platforms, and Bumble is no different. Out of multiple questions that it leaves in users’ minds, one is how to confirm whether someone has unmatched them. When a user has unmatched you:
- Their profile will no longer appear in the match queue.
- The chats would either appear grey or would be missing from the conversation history.
How to Get Back Disappeared Bumble Match
It’s frustrating to lose a Bumble match, especially if you were interested in getting to know the person better. However, the process is slightly tricky and conditional.
- Bumble offers a Rematch feature with its Bumble Boost and Bumble Premium plans that lets users restart the 24-hour window when a match expires.
- You cannot get the match again if they have blocked you on Bumble.
- If you’ve accidentally swiped left on someone, the Bumble Backtrack feature can help you.
- In case they have unmatched you, you can hope them to reset their Bumble swipes and your profile to resurface.
- If they have deleted their account, you would need to wait until they make a new one and appear in your probable lists.
- Lastly, if it happened because of some technical glitch, you can update the app. Once fixed, you might find the person again in the match queue.
Recommended: 16 Best Gay Dating Apps for LGBT Youth
We hope our article helped you gain insights into why your Bumble match disappeared and then reappeared. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such tech-related information.