Office work has evolved majorly from all-paper to all-technology. Rarely do you need to do any written work when it comes to official purposes? The era of files piling up on your desks or papers stocked in your drawers, if far gone. Now even the most clerical jobs are handled through laptops, desktops, tabs, and smartphones. Enterprise resource planning systems have taken the commercial business world by storm.
On an individual level, workaholics can be at work even when they are not “at work”. Some jobs can be demanding ones, and the need to stay available to official needs is almost 24/7. Therefore, Android developers have now released amazing Office apps to improve their workability and efficiency. These apps throw in the sense of convenience to your jobs. You can do multi-tasking at any place. Be it in your car, stuck in long traffic, or during a work-from-home during the Quarantine, these Office apps on Android can be a huge relief to office-goers.
Even if it is just something small like making notes, pointers, to-do lists, or something big like creating power-packed presentations, there are Office apps available for it. We have researched the best office apps for Android users to meet their personal and official needs.
These apps are smart workers, meant especially for your Android smartphone. So, to gain a competitive edge, meet targets, and be an efficient worker, you can surely have a look at the list of best office apps for Android to boost your productivity at work:
Table of Contents
10 Best Office Apps for Android to Boost Your Productivity
#1 Microsoft Office Suite
Microsoft Corporation has always been a worldwide leader in software, devices, and services, especially for work-related tasks. They have always helped people and businesses work to their full potential in a systematic and smart manner with the help of technology. Barely any assignments, work jobs, and tasks can be completed nowadays without using Microsoft tools. You might have already used most of the Microsoft office tools on your desktop or laptops. Microsoft Word, Excel, power-point are basically the base of most medium and higher-level operations involved in office work.
Microsoft Office Suite is an all-rounder Android office app that is compatible with all these office tools- MS word, excel, power-point as well as other PDF processes. It has more than 200 Million downloads on google play store and has a great rating of 4.4-stars with super reviews from its existing users.
Here are some of the major features of the Microsoft Office Suite:
- One app with all the important Microsoft tools. Work with word documents, excel spreadsheets, or power-point presentations in one single Office application on your Android.
- Convert a scanned document or a snap into an actual MS word document.
- Convert table pictures into an excel spreadsheet.
- Office lens features- create enhanced images of whiteboards or documents in a single tap.
- Integrated File Commander.
- Integrated spell check feature.
- Text to speech support.
- Convert photos, word, excel, and presentations into PDF format easily.
- Sticky notes.
- Sign PDFs, digitally with your finger.
- Scan QR codes and quickly open links.
- Easy transfer of files to and fro your Android phone and computer.
- Connect to a third-party cloud service app like Google Drive or DropBox.
To log in to the Microsoft Office Suite, you will need a Microsoft account and one of the latest 4 Android versions. This Android office app has some great features and makes editing, creating, and viewing documents on your Android, super simple. It has a simple and stylish interface to suit business needs. The free version of the application includes all the MS office tools with key features and a familiar design. Although, you can opt for an upgrade to the pro-version from $19.99 onwards. It has a lot of in-app products for purchase and advanced features for you.
#2 WPS Office
Next on our list for the Best Android Office apps is WPS Office. This is a free office suite for PDF, Word, and Excel, which has over 1.3 Billion downloads. Not just office goers, but also students who indulge in E-learning and online study can make use of WPS Office.
It integrates everything- Word documents, Excel sheets, Powerpoint presentations, Forms, PDFs, Cloud storage, Online editing and sharing, and even a template gallery. If you wish to operate mostly from your Android and make it like a small office in itself, you can download this great office app called WPS Office, which is loaded with utility features and functions for your office needs.
Here are some of the best highlights of this application:
- Works with Google Classroom, Zoom, Google Drive, and Slack- very helpful in online work and study.
- PDF reader
- Converter for all MS office docs to PDF format.
- PDF Signature, PDF Split and merge support as well as PDF annotation support.
- Add and remove watermarks from PDF files.
- Create PowerPoint presentations using Wi-Fi, NFC, DLNA, and Miracast.
- Draw on slides in presentation mode with a Touch Laser pointer on this app.
- File compression, extract, and merge feature.
- File recovery and repaid features.
- Easy access to documents with Google drive integration.
The WPS Office is a great app, which supports 51 languages and all office formats. It has a variety of value-added in-app purchases. One of them is converting images to text documents and back. Some of these features mentioned above are strictly for premium members. The premium version stands at $29.99 per year and comes jam-packed with features. You can download this app on the google play store. It has a stellar rating of 4.3-stars.
A simplistic yet intuitive way for work teams to collaborate well and create living documents. One single app that combines your task lists, documents, charts, spreadsheets, and more! Meetings and emails will take up a lot less time if you and your work team can create a small workspace on Quip itself. You can even download Quip on your desktop to make things simpler and have multiple cross-platform working experience.
Here are some of the best features that the Quip Office app can bring to you and your team:
- Edit docs with co-workers and share notes and lists with them.
- Chat alongside them while doing your projects in real-time.
- Spreadsheets with over 400 functions can be created.
- Supports annotations and cell by cell commenting on spreadsheets.
- Use Quip on multiple devices- tabs, laptops, smartphones.
- All documents, chats, and task lists are available on any device whenever you need access to them.
- Compatible with cloud services like Dropbox and Google Drive, Google Docs, and Evernote.
- Export documents created on Quip to MS Word and PDF.
- Export the spreadsheets you create on Quip easily to your MS Excel.
- Import address books from all mail ids that you use for official work.
Quip is supported by iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows. The best thing is that it makes working in a team a lot easy. Especially with situations where we have to do from home during the Quarantine, the Quip app comes off as one of the most useful Office apps. It is a free app available on Google Play Store for download. There are no in-app purchases and have scored a 4.1-star on the store, with great reviews from its users.
#4 Polaris Office + PDF
Another excellent all-rounder office app for android phones is the Polaris Office app. It is a perfect, free app that gives you editing, creating, and viewing features for all possible types of documents anywhere, on the tip of your fingers. The interface is simple and basic, with user-friendly menus that are consistent throughout this office application.
Also Read: 10 Best Android Screen Recorder Apps (2023)
The app has support for around 15 languages and is one of the good ones for Office apps.
Here is the list of features of the Polaris office + PDF application:
- Edits all Microsoft formats- DOC, DOCX, HWP, ODT, PPTX, PPT, XLS, XLSX, TEXT
- View PDF files on your android phone.
- Cash your documents and spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations to a Chromecast with the Polaris app.
- It is a compact app, only takes 60 MB spaces on Android phones.
- Polaris Drive is a default cloud service.
- Compatible with all Microsoft office tools and PDF reader and converter.
- Makes your data available cross-platform. Quick and easy access on laptops, tabs, and phones.
- Great app for work teams as sharing docs and making notes was never made this easy!
- Allows opening a compressed ZIP file without extracting the archive.
- Upload and download documents from your desktop to your android device.
The Polaris Office app is essentially a free one, but it does have some features that can make you want to upgrade to a paid plan. The smart plan is priced at $3.99/ month or $39.99 per year. If you just wish to get rid of advertisements, you can make a one-time payment of $4.99. Your subscription automatically renews when it elapses. The app has a 3.9-star rating on Google Play Store, and you can install it on your Android phones from there itself.
#5 Docs To Go Free Office Suite
Work from anywhere, anytime with the Docs to Go office suite on your Android phones. It consists of one of the best document viewing and editing features for you. The developer of the Docs to go app is Data Viz. Data Viz has been an industry leader in developing productivity and Office solutions for iOS and Android devices.
Here are some of the features that Docs To Go offers to its Android users for free:
- Multiple files can be saved and synced.
- View, edit, and create Microsoft Office files.
- View files of PDF format on your Android with pinch to zoom features.
- Formatting of text in different fonts, underline, highlight, etc.
- Perform all functions of MS Word on this to create documents on the go.
- Make spreadsheets with more than 111 parts supported.
- Allows opening password-protected PDFs.
- Slideshows can be made with speaker notes, sort, and edit presentation slides.
- View the changes previously made to documents.
- To set up the app, you don’t need to sign up.
- Save files wherever you want.
The Doc to go does come with some unique features that come in handy. The fact that it allows the opening password-protected files of MS Excel, Power-point, and PDFs makes it a great option if you receive or send them often. This feature, although, has to be bought as an in-app purchase. Even the desktop cloud sync and connecting to multiple cloud storage feature comes as a paid one. The app is available for download on the Google Play Store, where it has a rating of 4.2-star.
#6 Google Drive (Google Docs, Google Slides, Googles Sheets)
This is a cloud service, provided by Google with added features. It is compatible with all Microsoft tools- Word, Excel, and Power-Point. You can store Microsoft office files on your Google Drive and edit them too using Google Docs. The interface is straightforward and to the point.
It is mainly used for its cloud services, but Google docs, Google Sheets, and Google slides have gained huge popularity. You can work with team members in real-time to create a document together. Everyone can make their additions, and the Google doc saves your draft automatically.
Everything is linked with your Google account. So while attaching files to your mails, you can directly attach from your drive. It gives you access to loads of Google’s productivity tools.
Here are some good features of the Google Drive app:
- A safe place for storing and backing up files, photos, videos, etc.
- They are backed up and synced across all devices.
- Quick access to all your content.
- See file details and editing or changes made to them.
- View files offline.
- Share easily in just a few clicks with friends and co-workers.
- Share long videos by uploading them and through the Google Drive link.
- Access your photos with the google photos app.
- Google PDF Viewer.
- Google Keep – notes, to-do-lists, and workflow.
- Create word documents (Google Docs), spreadsheets (Google sheets), slides (Google Slides) with team members.
- Send invites to others for viewing, editing, or ask them for their comments.
Google LLC almost never disappoints with its services. It is well known for its productivity tools and especially for Google Drive. It is an excellent hit amongst its users, and though it comes with limited cloud storage of free 15 GB, you can always buy more. They have paid version of this app ranging from $1.99 to $1,024. This app has a 4.4-star rating and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
#7 Clear Scan
This is a utility tool that students and working employees can use as a scanner app on their Android phones. The need to scan and mail documents or assignments or upload scanned copies on Google Classroom or send scanned notes to your classmates often arises. For these purposes, a Clear scanner is a must-have on your Android phones.
The app has one of the highest ratings for business apps, which stands at 4.7-stars on Google Play Store. The uses and features are limited, but they are also great. Here is what Clear Scan offers it’s Android users:
- Quick scanning for documents, bills, receipts, magazines, articles in the newspaper, etc.
- Creating sets and renaming the folders.
- High-quality scans.
- Convert into JPEG or PDF.
- Automatically detects the edge of the file and helps in quick editing.
- Quick file share over cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, or through the mail.
- Multiple features for professional editing of the document you wish to scan.
- Extraction of texts from Image OCR.
- Backup and restore files in case you change or lose your android device.
- Lightweight app.
With a simple interface, the Clear scan business app delivers well to its users. The scanning is of high quality and impressive with no watermarks. To remove adds, there are in-app purchases that you can opt for. All over, besides the office apps mentioned above, the Clear scan app can save a lot of time and effort. Scanning with a printer/scanner machine is not even a need or a necessity anymore!
#8 Smart Office
A free office app to view, create, present, and edit Microsoft Office documents and also view PDFs. It is a one-stop solution for Android users and a free and great alternative to the Microsoft Office Suite that we have talked about in this list.
The app will allow you to handle all documents, excel sheets, and PDFs right on your Android screen. The small-sized screen display may sound like an issue, but everything adapts to the screen pretty well. You will indeed not feel the discomfort of working on your documents on your phone.
Let me list some of the best features of the Smart office app, that users have appreciated:
- Edit existing MS Office files.
- View PDF documents with Annotations support.
- Convert documents to PDFs.
- Directly print using thousands of wireless printers that the app supports.
- Open, edit, and view encrypted, password-protected files of MS Office.
- Cloud support is compatible with Dropbox and Google Drive services.
- Has the majority of features similar to MS Word, Ms. Excel, MS PowerPoint to create word documents, spreadsheets, and slides for your presentation.
- View and insert images of JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP.
- View vector diagrams- WMF/EMF.
- Wide range of formulas available for spreadsheets.
With a 4.1-star rating on the google play store, this app has proved to be one of the best office suits. The UI of Smart Office is intuitive, fast, and smartly designed. It is available in 32 languages. The latest update included footnotes and endnote feature. It enables a full-screen reading mode and also a Dark mode. The app requires an Android of 5.0 above.
#9 Office Suite
Office Suite claims to be one of the most downloaded apps for the office, on the Google Play Store. It has been installed on 200 million-plus devices and carries a stellar rating of 4.3-stars on the Google Play store. It is an integrated chat client, file manager with document sharing features, and a great exclusive set of features.
Here are some of the features that Office Suite offers to its large number of users from across the globe:
- The familiar interface which gives you desktop experience on your phone.
- Compatible with all Microsoft formats- DOC, DOCM, DOCX, XLS, XLSM, PPTX, PPS, PPT, PPTM, PPSM.
- Supports PDF files and also scanning files to PDFs.
- Additional support features for lesser-used formats like TXT, LOG, CSV, ZIP, RTF.
- Chat and share files and documents with the work team on the app itself- OfficeSuite chats.
- Store up to 5.0 GB on the cloud storage- MobiSystems Drive.
- A great spell checker, available in 40+ languages.
- Text-to-speech feature.
- PDF editing and security with annotation support.
- The new update supports a dark theme, only for Android 7 and up.
The Office Suite is available in 68 languages. The security features are great, and it works really well with password-protected files. They provide a maximum of 50 GB on their personal Cloud drive system. They also have a cross-platform availability for iOS, Windows, and Android devices. There is a free as well as the paid version of this app. The Office Suite app is priced, ranging from $19.99 to $29.99. You can find it available for download on the Google Play Store.
#10 Microsoft To-do List
In case you do not feel the need to download a very advanced Office app, but a simple one to manage your day to day organization of work, Microsoft To-Do list is a great app. Developed by Microsoft Corporation, it has gained great popularity as an Office app. To make yourself be a systematic worker and manage your work and home life well, this is the app for you!
The app provides a modern and user-friendly experience with great customizations available in emoji’s, themes, dark modes, and more. Now you can improve planning, with the tools that Microsoft To-do-list makes available to you.
Here is the list of some tools that it offers to its users:
- A daily planner makes to-do-lists available to you everywhere on any device.
- You can share these lists and assign work to family members, teammates, and friends.
- Task manager tool to attach up to 25 MB of files to any task you want.
- Add reminders and make lists quickly with the app widget from the home screen.
- Sync your reminders and lists with Outlook.
- Integrate with Office 365.
- Log-in from multiple Microsoft accounts.
- Available on web, macOS, iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
- Take notes and make shopping lists.
- Use it for bill planning and other finance notes.
This is a great task management and to-do application. Its simplicity is the reason why it stands out and is appreciated all around the globe. It has a 4.1-star rating on the Google Play Store, where it is available for download. It is an entirely free app.
This list of Best Office Apps for Android devices can come of good use if you can pick the right one to boost your productivity. These apps will cover your most basic needs, which are needed mostly in office work or online school assignments.
The apps mentioned here have been tried and tested and have a great rating on the Play store. They are trusted by thousands and millions of users worldwide.
- How to Strikethrough Text In Google Docs
- 9 Reasons why your smartphone battery is charging slowly
- 13 Best Free Password Manager Software
If you try any of these office apps, do let us know what you think about the app with a small review in our comments section. In case we have missed out on any good Android office app that can boost your productivity, do mention it in the comment section.