Editing the audio part is integral to any project, whether a movie, radio, podcast, etc. Looking at the current social media trends, so many small-time musicians and content creators require a basic audio editor for their content to upload the best of their talents and creatives. If you’re looking for a portable audio editor for your phone, we’re here to provide you with a handful of ideas for some of best free audio editing apps for Android smartphones that can assist your work to greater extents. Before we start with the audio editing app list, let’s know a thing or two about the working process of these free audio editor apps.
- Best Free Audio Editing Apps for Android
- 1. Dolby On
- 2. MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker
- 3. MP3 Cutter
- 4. Adobe Premiere Rush
- 5. FL Studio Mobile
- 6. AndroSound Audio Editor (ZeoRing)
- 7. WavePad Audio Editor
- 8. Lexis Audio Editor
- 9. BandLab
- 10. Media Converter
- 11. Music Maker Jam
- 12. Audio Evolution Mobile Studio
- 13. MixPad Multitrack Mixer
- 14. Caustic 3
- 15. N-Track Studio
- 16. KORG Kaossilator
- 17. SunVox
- 18. Voice PRO HQ
Best Free Audio Editing Apps for Android
DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) are the main contenders when audio editing applications are considered, as most have numerous audio and all other editing tools. You can use equalizers to apply delay, slow motions, reverb, and many others. The basic frequency adjustments are all minute parts that make up the editing work on major DAWs. Although, these adjustments are made on a micro level and require various methods and techniques before creating the final draft. Though there are surplus apps on the Internet which may follow different ways, the basic steps which contribute to the process are as follows:
- Selection: The first step in the editing process is to identify the section of the audio that needs to be changed or enhanced. This can be done manually or with specific tools in the app.
- Editing: You may alter the selected audio by making changes to it. Once more, various approaches may be applied in this situation, and the precise strategy will depend on the app being utilized.
- Processing: The third phase is processing, when you modify the processed audio by adding effects or otherwise. This may be accomplished using a variety of plug-ins or software packages. Most applications for processing audio will provide many options to aid in getting the sound you want. EQ, compression, limiting, reverb, and delay are a few examples. Finding an application that provides the precise tools needed for your job is crucial because there are several methods to handle audio.
- Output: The final step is output, where the altered audio file is saved. Although there are many more, WAV and MP3 are the most used audio formats. Since they are larger, uncompressed WAV files use significantly more space than MP3 files. They work best in programs like music editing and DVD creation, where sound quality is crucial. Compared to WAV files, MP3 files are smaller since they are compressed. They are perfect for programs where the file size is important, such as streaming music or portable devices.
Now we’ve got a fair idea of the working of audio editing apps, let’s proceed with the list of the applications.
1. Dolby On
The first on the list of best free audio editing apps for Android is Dolby On, in which the recorded audio from a microphone is edited.
- The app has post-processing capabilities compared to most other audio recorders.
- Along with an EQ to slightly alter your sound, the program offers several audio features like noise reduction.
- It is best suitable for beginners as the app does not facilitate all-tech specifications.
- You can export the edited audio to Soundcloud or social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter.
2. MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker
MP3 cutter and Ringtone Maker is the most popular free audio editing for Android of all time, with over 5 million downloads.
- It can edit, select, copy, and paste MP3 music, which may be saved as an alarm tone or message alert sound.
- The other notable features are fine-tuning buttons, an easy-to-use touch interface, and clip renaming.
- It supports all major audio formats, including MP3, WAV, AAC, and AMR.
Also Read: How to Convert WAV to MP3
3. MP3 Cutter
Not to be confused with the earlier app we just mentioned. This is the MP3 Cutter app. You may modify music files using this simple audio editing program.
- The app allows you to combine audio files, trim, splice, cut, and other music editing functions.
- Within the program, you can save, pull, and even set your files as ringtones.
- The only drawback of this app is annoying advertisements. If you use the app often, then it is best to make an in-app purchase at $1.99 to remove ads.
- Also, you can adjust volume, add fade or silence, and change the export quality and file size.
4. Adobe Premiere Rush
Next on the list of best free audio editing apps for Android is Adobe Premiere Rush, a free version of Adobe Premiere.
- The app allows the users to include audio files, background music, sound effects, prerecorded narration, and more in video making.
- The app facilitates recording narration and editing audio clips without using another program.
- Additionally, the user can edit the audio clips on the timeline.
- Besides these, the tool offers Adobe Sensei AI advanced tools for sound balancing and auto-ducking.
- The complete version of Adobe Premiere Rush can be purchased from $4.99 to $34.99.
5. FL Studio Mobile
One of the most used and best audio editing applications for Android is FL Studio Mobile.
- It offers a comprehensive editing setup and many different effects for effective editing. Also, it provides Chromebook support.
- Apart from these, other notable features of FL Studio Mobile are MIDI hardware compatibility, storing data in many different file types, and the availability of drum pads.
- You can use these drum pads to create your rhythm.
- The app offers in-app charges for more plug-ins.
- You can buy the complete version and the in-app purchases at the cost of $14.99, which is worth it.
6. AndroSound Audio Editor (ZeoRing)
ZeoRing or AndroSound Audio Editor is one of the best audio editing tools for Android if you wish to edit and make MP3 ringtones.
- The app can be used in three ways: a basic editing tool, audio converter tool, and MP3 extractor tool.
- You can edit, trim, fade in/out, crossfade, adjust volume, add echo, add audio-looping, and change the audio tempo (fast/slow).
- You can convert files into multiple audio formats using the in-built converter, and an MP3 tool extractor can be used to extract MP3s out of videos.
- The audio can be exported in several file formats, including MP3, AAC, FLAC and WAV formats.
Also Read: 10 Best Photo Frame Apps for Android
7. WavePad Audio Editor
WavePad Audio Editor facilitates various basic features, including clipping, trimming, cutting, merging, and many more. In addition, you can apply several effects to modify your audio files. Also, you can record directly within the app and edit as required.
- The other notable features are editing several audio formats (MP3, WAV [PCM], WAV [GSM] and AIFF), amplifying, normalizing, and adding echo equalizer, envelope, reverb, and reverse.
- The app contains a sound library of hundreds of non-copyrighted sound effects and music clips.
- Additionally, it supports audio sample rates from 6 to 192kHz, stereo or mono, and 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
8. Lexis Audio Editor
Lexis Audio Editor is unique and very much distinctive from its costly competitors.
- The user interface is easy to use and can con audio into several formats like MP3 (320kb/s), WAV (16 Bit PCM), FLAC, M4A, AAC, and WMA.
- The other features of this app are a 10-band equalizer, noise reduction, and tempo, speed, and pitch changer.
- Also, you can delete, insert silence, trim, fade in, and fade out to create studio-quality audio.
- Interestingly, it is best suited for TikTok meme sounds.
- The app is available in free and premium ($6.49) editions.
Another best free audio editing app on the list is BandLab. It is best suited for beginners with easy operations.
- The app offers a 16-track editor, a unique sound maker, and a beat looper tool.
- Apart from this, it offers 180 effects, a looper, a video clip editor, and 300 virtual MIDI instruments.
- It is completely free and includes features such as mastering, video mixer, tuner and metronome, and remix tracks.
10. Media Converter
The list of best free audio editing apps for Android proceeds with Media Converter. Apart from being a tool for conversion, it has many excellent features;
- It contains features like trimming and clipping audio files, setting your altered tracks as ringtones, and adjusting your audio bit rate and sample rate.
- Additionally, it also offers options to crop and rotate video, video bit rate, resolution settings, and frame rate.
- The audio files can be exported in several formats, including MP3, MP4, OGG, AVI, MPEG, FLV, and many more.
Also Read: How to Convert M4B to MP3 in Windows 10
11. Music Maker Jam
The next on the list is Music Maker Jam Metro software of Windows 8, which does not require any prior experience in audio editing. It is very user-friendly and can be used easily by beginners.
- The app offers various genres of music, such as dubstep, tech house, trap, EDM, rap, hip-hop, garage, pop, and rock.
- Each style has an 8-channel mixer with a range of sounds or instruments.
- Apart from this, you can manage a song’s harmonic with the sequencer, instantly apply effects and create songs quickly.
- On the downside of the app, it offers very few sounds and samples.
- You can share your song on any platform, such as YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook, TikTok and other social media.
12. Audio Evolution Mobile Studio
Audio Evolution Mobile Studio is one of the most sought-after audio editing apps on Android. It is one of best free audio editing apps for Android.
- It offers various editing tools, such as multiple samples and drum editors, MIDI recording, and multi-track audio.
- Also, it facilitates a metronome feature for recording audio within the app.
- You can transfer your works to iOS devices through Google Drive backup.
- Some of the effects and plug-ins are available in-app purchases for $9.99.
- The app supports file formats such as WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, and MIDI.
Also Read: 5000+ Funny Kahoot Names
13. MixPad Multitrack Mixer
The next item on this list is MixPad Multitrack Mixer, which is also a friendly and free audio editor app.
- You may use MixPad to generate professional audio files quickly, such as albums, music, and podcasts.
- It supports sample rates from 6 kHz to 96 kHz.
- Using this app, you can split, trim, and copy tracks.
- It offers a library of hundreds of non-copyrighted sound effects, music, and clips.
14. Caustic 3
Caustic 3 is an after rack-mount sampler/synthesizer setup with effects rack that supports two effects per computer. Here are a few features of this free audio editor app.
- It offers a mixer desk with global delay/reverb effects, a parametric EQ and limiter in the master section, and a song sequencer.
- It provides automation curves and allows automation on most controllers.
- Additionally, Caustic 3 supports any sampling rate and all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit).
- You can create racks by adding 14 machines that are listed below:
15. N-Track Studio
N-Track Studio is another free audio editor app. It offers effects, reverb, and other basic features along with an infinite number of audio, MIDI, and drum tracks. The UI is simple and easy to use.
- The app offers an in-built metronome to record your music.
- Other features include a 2D and 3D spectrum analyzer, a loop browser, a sample pack, record 4+ tracks simultaneously, guitar & bass amp plug-ins, and the option to publish your recordings online.
- You can export 16, 24 or 32-bit audio files and set the sampling frequency up to 192 kHz.
16. KORG Kaossilator
The same reason Caustic 3 is on this list also applies to KORG Kossilator: both don’t come under the DAW category but still maintain their places in the minimal audio work process.
- You can make various audio and sound clips.
- It even allows you to perform entire songs if you are an expert.
- Some of the significant features are a loop sequencer, scale/key feature (eliminates wrong notes), and other cool features.
- It can produce 150 sounds in various musical genres, such as EDM, hip-hop, house, techno, dubstep, nu-disco, and electro.
- You can write some music, record it, and then finish the tune by importing it into an actual DAW.
- You can select a scale from available 35 different scales, including chromatic, major, minor, and blues scales.
- Although it costs $19.99, there are occasional sales where the price is reduced.
Regarding sound design, SunVox is on par with Kaossilator and Caustic 3, which is a modular synthesizer with several modification options. From here, it can be imported to a different app and can be edited as per necessity.
- In-app purchases are reasonably priced ($5.99).
- It supports 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
- It is also compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, and iOS devices.
- The interface is modular and easy to use.
18. Voice PRO HQ
Last but not least in the list of free audio editor app is the Voice PRO HQ Audio Editor app.
- The app allows you to record any audio fragments with high quality and accuracy and modify them.
- The app facilitates options to remove background noise, merge, edit, and add various effects. It is easy to use.
- Additionally, the app offers a variety of cutting-edge voice recording features.
- To use the complete version of the app, you need to purchase it for $13.19 from the Google Play Store.
- You can record and edit audio in more than 100 formats, including MP3, WAV, FLAC, and OGG.
- You can back up and restore files from Google Drive, Evernote, and Emails.
- Interestingly, you can encrypt or decrypt audio files with a 128-characters password.
- Fix MultiVersus Not Launching in Windows 10
- 22 Best Free Podcast Recording Software
- 25 Best Free Video Cutter Apps
- Fix Front Audio Jack Not Working in Windows 10
Audio is the most important part of a project, whether an ad, movie, radio show, podcast, etc.; hence its editing is always done with a lot of extra care, just like all other media elements. Make sure to use the right app from those mentioned above best free audio editing apps for Android devices to have a vast experience and make the max out of your content. We hope this article has helped you to find the best free audio editor app. Please share your feedback in the comments below and mention any other app you thought should’ve been included here and slipped from us. Keep reading and supporting, and we’ll see you in the next article.