Using an Instagram business account to grow your brand is a popular choice. But have you considered switching to a personal account? In this guide, we’ll explain the advantages and disadvantages of a business account and whether a personal profile is sufficient to help you make a decision.
Table of Contents
What are the Disadvantages of Instagram Business Account?
An Instagram business account has special tools to help you connect with more people, like insights, promoted posts, catalogs, and shop now button. It offers a great opportunity for promoting your brand. But before you start one, it’s important to be aware of the drawbacks it may have. To learn more about these disadvantages, continue reading.
While there are only a few disadvantages to having an Instagram business account, we have explained them in detail below:
- Lower organic reach than personal accounts: This is because Instagram prioritizes showing posts from accounts that users interact with the most. However, business accounts can still reach a large audience through paid advertising.
- Less personal feel than personal accounts: This is because business accounts are designed to promote a business, not a person. However, you can still add personal touches to your business account, such as using your own photos and videos.
- Targeted by spam and trolls: This is because they are seen as more accessible than personal accounts.
- Pay for features that are free for personal accounts: For example, business accounts have to pay to run Instagram ads.
Is Instagram Business Account Worth It?
Whether or not an Instagram Business account is worth it for your business depends on your specific needs and goals.
Do Business Accounts Get Less Engagement?
There is no clear consensus on whether or not business accounts get less engagement than personal accounts on Instagram. Some studies have suggested that switching to a business account may negatively affect engagement, particularly for accounts with 1,000-100,000 followers. However, other factors such as algorithm changes and the quality of content can also affect engagement.
It’s important to note that Instagram business accounts provide a wealth of features designed specifically for small businesses, such as Instagram Insights, which can tell you how your content and profile are performing, who your audience is, and many other valuable metrics.
How to Create a Business Account
After reading about the benefits you might want to convert your personal account as well. Just follow the step-by-step process below,
1. Open Instagram app.
2. Tap on your Profile picture.
3. Open the Hamburger Menu and tap on Settings and privacy.
4. Select Account type and tools.
5. Select Switch to professional account.
We hope that our article on disadvantages of Instagram business accounts was helpful to you. If you still have any queries, don’t forget to as them in the comment section and our team will be happy to help you.