While Android users await iMessage on their phones in the near future, apps like Beeper and AirMessage are making it possible today. Beeper combines 15 different chat platforms into one interface and AirMessage on the other hand enables iMessage on non-Apple devices. We already know Apple’s plans to adopt the RCS messaging standard, and in such a scenario, these apps are definitely fighting the tech giant. Anyway, the good part is you can now use iMessage on Android with Beeper and Airmessage, without Mac. Let’s find out how.
How to Use iMessage on Android Using Beeper and AirMessage Without Mac
With Beeper building the Beeper Mini app designed for users to enjoy iMessage’s native chat features on Android at $1.99 per month, there’s a constant tug-of-war between the two companies. Similarly, AirMessage also allows users to send and receive iMessages on Android, Windows, and Linux devices and share media as well. Here’s how to download and use them.
Method 1: Using Beeper
You can use the Beeper that lets you send and receive iMessages to your phone number, not just an email address.
Prerequisites: Before you move forward with the steps, make sure the following prerequisites are fulfilled:
- As it is currently in the beta phase, you must join the waitlist or use an invite code to join and access Beeper.
- Beeper only allows users to create a new account on a PC. If not Mac, you can get a Windows or Linux PC or a Chromebook to get started. We are using a Windows PC for it.
- An active Apple ID. If you do not have it, you can create one here.
1. Once you have access to Beeper, use the link sent to you with the invite code via email to visit the official website and download it on your PC.
2. Install the app, launch it, and select I want to use iMessage on Android or Windows.
3. Enter the referral code. Once you do it, you’ll receive a Recovery code. Copy it, tap on Continue, and paste the recovery code now in the text field to complete the setup process.
4. In the Connect to iMessage window, click on Continue.
5. You’ll see a text field asking you to enter the iMessage Registration Code, which is only available within the Beeper Desktop app installed on a Mac. Enter it and click on Continue.
[Here’s how you can find the iMessage Registration Code on a Mac- Update Beeper, launch it, and click on the settings icon, go to Chat Networks > iMessage > Reconnect]
Note: If you do not have a Mac, you can ask a friend with Beeper installed on their Mac to share the code. For more details, refer to the official blog from Beeper.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to get done with any other verification process if required.
7. Now enter the Apple ID and password and wait for some time. Enter your 2FA code if prompted.
8. Install the Beeper app for Android from the Google Play Store, enter your Email address, and click on Continue.
9. Click on Enter Verification Code.
10. You’ll get a Verification requested pop-up on the Beeper app on your PC. Click on Yes.
11. Scan the QR code on the desktop app from your phone to verify your identity and it will be done. You’ll be able to see the iMessage service added.
Note: You can also download the Beeper Mini app from the Google Play Store if accessing iMessages is your only requirement. You do not have to join the waitlist and do not necessarily need an Apple ID or a PC. However, it is a paid subscription-based service.
Sadly, in a recent official blog post by Beeper, they wrote that –
Each time that Beeper Mini goes ‘down’ or is made to be unreliable due to interference by Apple, Beeper’s credibility takes a hit. It’s unsustainable. As much as we want to fight for what we believe is a fantastic product that really should exist, the truth is that we can’t win a cat-and-mouse game with the largest company on earth.
So, they have decided to discontinue the development of Beeper Mini and released the app’s code as open source.
Method 2: Using AirMessage
As we read above Beeper Mini is opting out already, you can even use the AirMessage app as an alternative.
However, you need a Mac PC (macOS 10.10 Yosemite or higher) that can run as a server and it must be connected to the internet at all times. If not, you can even install macOS on a PC without Mac to use AirMessage for iMessages on Android.
1. Download and Install the AirMessage server on your Mac or macOS VM from this link.
2. Open the app and click on the Connect an Account (Recommended) option.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Google account to AirMessage and click on the OK button to finish.
On macOS Mojave 10.14 or later, you’ll need to allow the AirMessage server necessary permissions to access iMessage.
4. Click on OK to allow AirMessage to control Messages, then again on OK to allow it to control System Events.
5. Click on Open System Settings and toggle on the AirMessage option.
Enter the password of your Mac PC if prompted.
6. Click on Open Full Disk Access Settings and toggle on the AirMessage option. Enter your Mac password again if prompted.
7. Click on Quit & Reopen and wait for AirMessage to restart.
As AirMessage works as a server on the Mac, it needs to stay on to send and receive Messages. Hence, you need to disable sleep settings.
8. Follow the path for macOS Ventura or later: System Settings > Displays; click on Advanced and enable the toggle next to Prevent automatic sleeping when the display is off.
For macOS Monterey or earlier: System Preferences > Energy Saver and drag the Computer sleep timer to Never.
Note: Despite the Energy Saver settings, your Mac will go to sleep mode when the lid is closed. So, either make sure to keep the lid open all the time or use third-party apps like Amphetamine to keep the PC running after the lid is closed.
9. Lastly, download the AirMessage app for Android from the Google Play Store.
10. Sign in with Google to your account and you’ll be able to send and receive iMessages.
How to Use iMessage on Android Without an iPad
Directly using iMessage on an Android device without an iPad or a Mac isn’t officially supported by Apple. iMessage is designed to work exclusively within the Apple ecosystem, and Apple has not released an official iMessage app for Android. However, there are third-party solutions that attempt to bridge this gap such as AirMessage and Beeper.
iMessage Hack for Android Download
Currently, there is no direct hack available to use or download iMessage as it is an Apple messaging service and is not officially available for Samsung or any other Android devices.
Is it Safe to Use Third-Party Apps for using iMessage on Android?
Using third-party apps to access iMessage on Android comes with benefits and risks. We do not endorse any such apps/software that offer such services; therefore, use these at your discretion. However, while there are some benefits, here’s a breakdown of cons for you to get some idea:
- Potential threats to data security and privacy always revolve around third-party services.
- Apple has historically tried to block third-party access to iMessage. So, there’s a chance of such services shutting down anytime.
- You might not have access to all the features of the official iMessage app, like end-to-end encryption or certain iMessage effects.
We hope our guide helped you use iMessage on an Android device without a Mac. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments section. For more such hacks and tech guides, keep visiting Techcult.