The Messages app allows iOS users to play socially engaging and interactive games on their iPhones. These games can be easily shared within conversations and go beyond conventional limits. As a result, Android users like you may also desire to enjoy a similar experience. However, there’s a challenge since these games are primarily made for Apple devices. Hence, let’s explore different workarounds on how to play iPhone iMessage games on Android.
2 Effective Ways to Play iMessage Games on Android
iMessage app is not available for Android users therefore, in the upcoming methods, we will explain some workarounds to help you play iPhone iMessage games on an Android device.
Method 1: Use weMessage Application
The weMessage app lets you access iMessage features on your Android phone. It includes attachments, group chats, notifications, and content blocking. As iMessage works solely on iOS devices, you can’t play iMessage games on your Android. But you can still play them on your Android using third-party apps like weMessage.
Here are the requirements for running weMessage on your Android device.
- You must have an active Apple ID.
- You will also need a Mac device with macOS 10.10 or higher.
- You will also need an Android device with a version of at least 5.0 (Lollipop).
- You will also need Java 7 or above to use weMessage.
You can use the following steps to install and set up weMessage to figure out how to play iMessage games on Android.
Step I: Download Java SE Development Kit on Mac
To install weMessage on your device, you will need the Java SE Development Kit on your Mac device.
1. Visit the Oracle Downloads page on your browser.
2. Scroll down to the Java SE Development Kit section and select the macOS tab.
3. Click on the Installer link according to your Mac device configuration, as shown below, to download the file.
Also Read: 21 Best Game Pigeon Android Alternative
Step II: Install weMessage Application on Android
Now, install the weMessage application on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
1. Now, open the Google Play Store on your phone.
2. Search for the weMessage application in the Play Store.
3. Now, tap on Install to get the weMessage application on your Android device.
Step III: Install weServer on Mac
The next step will require you to install weServer file on your Mac device.
1. Open your Mac browser and visit the weMessage website.
2. Here, click on DOWNLOAD followed by Download for macOS option to get the weServer ZIP file.
3. Extract downloaded the ZIP file on your Mac device and locate the run.command file.
4. Double-click on the run.command file to launch the weServer.
5. Now, enter your Apple ID credentials, such as your email and password, and Sign in.
Note: It is advised to use a new password to avoid security issues.
Step IV: Set Up weMessage Application on Android
Now, you are now ready to set up the weMessage application on your Android smartphone to enjoy playing iMessage games.
Note: Since you need a Mac IP address to use the weMessage application, you will connect your Android smartphone and Mac device to the same Wi-Fi network to automatically connect to the weServer installed on your Mac device.
1. Locate and open the weMessage app on your phone.
2. Tap on Continue to proceed.
3. Then, turn on the toggle for the Allow modify system settings option.
4. Then, enter your Apple ID credentials and Sign in.
Note: Make sure the credentials are the same that you used to sign in on the weServer app on your Mac device.
5. Then, go to the Settings menu and Sync your contacts to the app.
Step V: Manually Change Configuration Settings
Also, manually change system settings to configure the weMessage application with weServer with the help of these steps:
1. Navigate to the following path to get the Mac IP for the weMessage application.
System Preferences > Your Network > Advanced, TCP/IP
2. Locate the Mac IP address in the IPv4 section.
3. Now, enter the IP address, email address, and other required credentials in the weMessage application on Android.
4. Finally, tap on Sign in.
You can now use all the iMessage features on your Android device, including playing iMessage games. If weMessage does not help you figure out how to play iPhone games on Android, you can use a different application to play iMessage games on Android.
Method 2: Through PieMessage Application
If you’re unsure about playing iMessage games on an Android device, consider trying out PieMessage as a viable alternative to the weMessage app. Through the PieMessage app, you can access iMessage functionalities on both your Android and OSX devices. Similar to weMessage, specific prerequisites must be fulfilled to effectively install PieMessage on your device.
Below are the requirements for installing and enjoying iMessage games using PieMessage:
- MacOS or OSX IP address
- Access to your iCloud account
- Java JDK version
- Android device running version 4.0 or higher
Here’s a straightforward guide to setting up and using the PieMessage app for playing iMessage games on your Android smartphone.
Step I: Clone PieMessage on Mac
1. First, install the PieMessage repository from the GitHub website.
2. Now, open the Message application on your Mac device and add your iCloud account by navigating to Preferences > Accounts.
3. Now, copy the PieMessage application on your Mac device.
4. In the PieOSXClient/src/Constants.java file, substitute the existing socketAddress value with the IP address of your Mac device.
Also Read: How to Download Master Royale on iPhone
Step II: Set Up PieMessage with Mac Terminal
You can set up the PieMessage application by using a Mac terminal window. Let’s see the steps to set up the PieMessage application using Terminal settings.
1. In the Mac’s Terminal window, enter the following command.
cd PieMessage/ && cp messages.applescript
2. Now, in the first terminal window, enter the following command.
cd PieMessage/JavaWebServer && gradle run
3. In another terminal window, enter the following command.
cd PieMessage/PieOSXClient && gradle run
4. In the final terminal window, enter the following command.
cd PieMessage/PieMessage-Android && gradle installDebug
How to Play iMessage Games on iPhone and iPad?
When using your iPhone or iPad, you can play iMessage games without installing third-party apps, like you have to do on Android. If you’re new to the iOS interface, figuring out how to play these games might seem tricky. To play iMessage games on your iPhone or iPad, follow these straightforward steps.
1. Open the Messages application on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Open the desired chat of a contact that you want to play the iMessage game with.
3. Locate and tap on the App Store icon from the list of shortcuts displayed in the chat.
4. Swipe down and tap on the desired game under the Top Free section.
5. Tap on GET to install it on the chat screen.
6. Open the game on the chat screen and start playing!
Also Read: How Do I Delete an Apple ID from my Android
We expect this guide has assisted you in understanding how to play iMessage games on Android. Let us know about the method that proved effective for you, and feel free to share any suggestions or questions in the comments section. Make sure to visit our website for more informative content. Game on!