Tidal is an excellent music streaming platform adored by many; however, people are often confused with the different options to choose from. If you are amongst those who can’t decide, we bring to you a Tidal HiFi vs. HiFi Plus guide on its features, compatibility, and many more. The choice ultimately depends on your interests as a music enthusiast so, let’s get started!
Tidal HiFi vs. HiFi Plus: Features Comparison
Let’s take a look at the features of Tidal HiFi and HiFi Plus:
Tidal HiFi, the standard high-fidelity tier, offers several attractive features for music lovers:
- Lossless Audio: Tidal HiFi streams music in lossless FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) format, providing a bit-perfect representation of the original recording, with the highest possible audio quality.
- High–Resolution Audio: Subscribers can enjoy high-resolution audio up to 24-bit/96kHz, which is significantly better than the industry-standard 16-bit/44.1kHz quality.
- Offline Listening: Like other Tidal plans, HiFi allows users to download their favorite tracks and albums for offline listening, ideal for those who want to enjoy high-quality music on the go.
Tidal HiFi Plus
Tidal HiFi Plus is Tidal’s most premium offering and includes all the features of Tidal HiFi while adding some extra perks:
- Master Quality (MQA) Audio: Tidal HiFi Plus includes access to Tidal Masters, which features Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) audio, known for its studio-quality sound and attention to detail. So, when you look at tidal HiFi vs. HiFi Plus’s sound quality, it seems like HiFi Plus takes the win.
- Exclusive Content: Subscribers get access to exclusive artist interviews, live performances, and content that’s not available on the lower-tier plans.
Is Tidal HiFi Less Expensive than HiFi Plus?
Both services provide features only when the user pays; however, the amount to pay is different for each. When you compare the two platforms, according to their pricing, HiFi Plus is more expensive.
You can get a 30-day free trial for both services. If you live in the US, a free version is available. After the trial ends, users need to pay $9.99 per month. Moreover, if you upgrade to HiFi Plus, you will be charged $19.99 per month.
Several ways can help reduce the cost by using discounts such as family plans. Other discounts including student ones provide 50% off. Military or first responders in the US can receive discounts as well.
Tidal HiFi vs. HiFi Plus: Which Platform Has a Larger Library?
In terms of music library, both plans provide similar features for all its users. Millions of tracks from various genres allow listeners to find their favorite tunes. Tidal also enjoys supporting rising artists, so the platform features exclusive artists to help spread their music across.
Also Read: How to Download Tidal app on Android
Does Tidal HiFi have a Better User Experience than HiFi Plus?
Both the platform’s compatibility depends on the device you are using. Not all devices can support both services; HiFi Plus needs an excellent output device to properly function. Provided below are the devices compatible with HiFi Plus and Tidal HiFi.
- Android: For Android devices, you need a version 6 or higher than that. Blackberry is no longer compatible with either HiFi.
- Windows: Windows 7 and higher works well. A faster processor and RAM of around 1GB is needed as well.
- iOS: HiFi Plus and Tidal HiFi are compatible with iOS 13 and above.
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.10 and anything higher than that works completely fine.
In terms of Tidal HiFi vs. HiFi Plus compatibility, Plus takes the win for having better functionality between the two due to its extra features and being more compatible with devices.
Whichever one you choose, Tidal’s commitment to providing the best for its users helps you enjoy an outstanding listening experience. We hope our Tidal HiFi vs. HiFi Plus comparison helped you decide which music option to pick. Feel free to leave any comments and queries in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more informative blogs coming your way.