Dear audiophiles, we believe you love to sail into the sonic depths of high-quality music, don’t you? Amidst the bunch of streaming platforms that Google Play Store already offers, hides the Tidal app that promises a tidal wave of pristine sound quality and a vast library of tunes. Now that said, what’s the wait for? We’ll explain the process of how you can download the Tidal app on your Android phone, sign in, and stream music on it. Let the groove begin!
How to Download Tidal app on Android
With over 100 million songs in HiFi sound quality, Tidal sets itself apart from the crowded market of subscription-based music services. As an artist-first, fan-centered platform, it offers playlists curated by artists and even a wide catalog of music videos. Whether you’re after lossless audio, live performances, or a chance to discover hidden musical talents, Tidal is an absolute treat.
You can download the app on an Android device either through the Google Play Store or its official website. We’ll go through both the methods:
Method 1: From Google Play Store
Follow the steps below to install the Tidala app directly from the Google Play Store:
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Search for Tidal and select it from the search results.
3. Tap on Install to download and install it on the device.
Method 2: Using the Tidal APK Website
Now if you do not find the Tidal app available for download on the Google Play Store, you can do the same from the official website. Follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Tidal website on an Android device.
2. Tap on Download under Android.
3. Once downloaded, install the Tidal app on the Android device.
How to Sign In to Tidal
Now let’s go through the sign-in process for Tidal. Follow the steps below to create an account on it:
1. Open the official log-in page for Tidal on any browser on the device.
2. Tap on Start Free Trial.
3. Enter your email or username in the text field and tap on Continue.
4. Create your password, Confirm your password, and add a Profile name for you.
5. Add your Date of birth and tap on Sign up.
6. Now follow the on-screen instructions and once your account is created, you can Sign in to Tidal.
How Do I Download Music from Tidal to Android
Tidal lets users who have an active premium plan, i.e., HiFi or HiFi Plus download songs from the platform on their Android devices to play offline. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Open the Tidal app and move to the Explore tab.
2. Tap on the Search bar and search for the song you want to download.
3. Tap on the Download option to start downloading.
4. Once downloaded, open the My Collection page and tap on Downloaded.
That is it! You can now play the songs directly from there, both online and offline.
However, do note that these songs can only be played from within the Tidal app and only when you have an active premium plan.
Where Does Tidal Download Music on Android?
Tidal downloads music to your Android device’s internal storage by default. Although the exact location may vary depending on the device, usually they are stored in the Music, Tidal, or Downloads folder.
Note: Songs downloaded from the Tidal app aren’t locally saved on the device and cannot be played from any other music player. Hence, all downloads appear as cache files only.
You can however use third-party playlist downloader apps to convert the songs into MP3, WAV, or any other audio format to play them on the Android device without the Tidal app.
We hope our guide helped you download the Tidal app on an Android device. Feel free to leave your queries and suggestions in the comment section below. Don’t forget to stay tuned to TechCult for more such amazing apps.