Microsoft Teams is now more integrated into Windows 11 than it has ever been. It has been integrated into the core experience of Windows 11 as a Chat App. Right from your Taskbar, you can chat and make video/audio calls with your friends and family using Teams Chat. It could be a godsend if you are a Microsoft Teams Personal user. However, not everyone is pleased with the way Microsoft is promoting Teams in its latest operating system. There were even users who had never heard of Teams before and are now concerned about a strange-looking icon on the Taskbar. Today, we will discuss how to stop Microsoft Teams from opening automatically in Windows 11 on startup. Moreover, we have explained how to remove Teams Chat icon and uninstall it.
Table of Contents
How to Stop Microsoft Teams from Opening Automatically on Windows 11
If you have both Microsoft Teams Home and Work or School apps installed on your Windows 11 PC, you must distinguish between the two.
- Work or School Teams app, has a blue tile against the word T in the background.
- Microsoft Teams Home app has a white tile background for the letter T.
If Microsoft Teams is loading each time your system boots up, it might bother you. Also, the system tray displays Teams app that is always on. If you do not use Chat or Microsoft Teams often, you can simply disable it. Here’s how to stop Microsoft Teams from opening automatically on Windows 11:
1. Click on the Search icon and type Microsoft Teams.
2. Then, click on Open as shown.
Note: Make sure the icon of the Microsoft Teams has T with white background.
3. In the Microsoft Teams window, click on the three dotted icon from the top of the window.
4. Here, select the Settings option, as shown.
5. Under General tab, uncheck the box marked Auto start Teams, as depicted below.
This is how to disable Microsoft Teams from opening automatically in Windows 11 on startup.
Also Read: How to Pin Apps to Taskbar on Windows 11
How to Remove Teams Chat Icon from Taskbar
Additionally, if you wish to remove the Teams app icon from Taskbar, implement either of these options.
Option 1: Directly from Taskbar
1. Right-click on the Chats icon in the Taskbar.
2. Then, click Unpin from taskbar, as shown highlighted.
Option 2: Through Taskbar Settings
1. Right-click on an empty space on the Taskbar.
2. Click on Taskbar settings, as shown.
3. Under Taskbar items, switch off the toggle for Chat app, as depicted.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Teams Keeps Restarting
How to Uninstall Microsoft Teams
Now you know how to stop or disable Microsoft Teams from opening automatically on Windows 11 on startup. However, if you want to completely uninstall Microsoft Teams in Windows 11, then follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X keys together to open the Quick Link menu.
2. Click on Apps and Features from the given list.
3. Use the App list search box to search for Microsoft Teams.
4. Click on three dotted icon for Microsoft Teams and click on Uninstall.
Note: You should select the Microsoft Teams app with an icon with white background for letter T.
5. Finally, click on Uninstall in the confirmation prompt, as shown to uninstall the said app.
- How to Update Microsoft PowerToys App on Windows 11
- How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 11
- How to Enable God Mode in Windows 11
- How to Change Wallpaper on Windows 11
We hope you learnt how to stop Microsoft Teams from opening automatically in Windows 11 on startup. You can send your suggestions and queries in the comment section below. We would love to know which topic you want us to explore next.