Despite the price or model of your smartphone, wear and tear eventually takes its toll. From app crashes and slow responses to rapid battery drain, you will face various issues. So, if you are a Samsung user looking for help, this article is for you. Below we have mentioned numerous charging tips to extend the battery life of your Samsung device. So keep reading to bid farewell to battery troubles.
Table of Contents
Samsung Battery Charging Tips
These days we use our smartphones for literally everything. From attending online meetings to online shopping, all these tasks put a strain on the battery of your device and drain it faster. So, if you want to know how to charge it smartly and conserve battery for longer, make sure to read till the end.
Here are a bunch of tips that can help you extend the battery life of your Samsung smartphone:
1. Reduce display brightness: One of the best tips to extend Samsung battery life is reducing display brightness. Alternatively, you can also consider the automatic brightness setting option.
2. Avoid weak signal areas: Battery consumption increases in the area where the signals are weak and overlapping. So, if the number of signal bars is hardly two or three, avoid using your device.
3. Turn Off Wi-Fi: Keeping Wi-Fi on receives notifications and other updates which can also drain your battery. Therefore, readers are always advised to keep it off when not in use.
4. Turn Off Bluetooth: When the Bluetooth is turned on, your device can communicate with other devices which increases its power consumption. By keeping it off, you can extend the battery life of your device.
5. Turn off Location: Live location is not required throughout the day. If it is on all the time, then it can drain the battery of your device.
6. Enable Dark Mode: Dark mode is anyways good for your eyes and it does not harm them using harmful blue light rays. Moreover, it can also extend the battery life of your Samsung smartphone.
7. Turn Off Always on Display: If Always on Display is turned on, your device will display specific information even when its screen is locked. Although this feature is quite helpful to know the time, date, and other notifications, it can also consume the battery of your device.
8. Turn off Notifications: Turn off the notifications for the application you do not use regularly. It will help in saving power.
9. Disable Background Apps: When you disable an application on your device, the app gets removed from the app drawer and does not run in the background. Moreover, disabled apps do not receive updates. As a result, disabled apps do not consume the battery.
10. Update Software: Another amazing tip is to update the software of your smartphone. This ensures the optimal performance of your device by installing new features and boosting its performance.
11. Turn on Power Saving Mode: Turning on power saving mode is one of the best tips to extend Samsung battery life. It does the job by limiting the device’s CPU performance, reducing screen brightness, and turning off the touch key light.
12. Uninstall Unused Apps: Some apps run background processes that deplete the battery. Therefore, you can uninstall apps that you no longer use to get rid of them.
How to Properly Charge Phone Battery
The lifespan of your device battery depends on how you use your phone. If you play games on the handset when it is getting charged, the device may get overheated. When the temperature goes above 35 degrees, the battery may get deteriorated. Here are a few methods that can help you with how to properly charge your phone battery.
Method 1: Use Authentic Charger
Use the charger your mobile phone manufacturer provided to prevent battery deterioration and damage. Moreover, the original charger ensures proper charging as the charger fits appropriately into the USB port.
Method 2: Properly Connect Charger
Another Samsung battery charging tip is to connect the charger properly. If there USB cable is not attached properly, your device will take hours to charge.
Method 3: Avoid Overcharging
Never charge your smartphone while you are asleep at night. Overcharging generates heat inside the battery, which can alter the electrolyte’s composition and, in some situations, result in outgassing and a bloated battery, both of which shorten battery life. This is one of the most essential tips for how to properly charge a phone battery.
Method 4: Don’t Use High Power Consuming Apps While Charging
Some games and apps require high processing power. The heat generated because of these intensive games and apps adds to the already hot charging process. Moreover, charging at extreme temperatures can deteriorate the battery. Also, if the phone is used while charging, battery life will decrease. So, we suggest you not use the mobile phone while your phone is on charging, as the optimal temperature for Samsung Galaxy is 0 degrees to 35 degrees.
Also Read: Does Gaming Destroy Phone Battery?
Method 5: Charge Device Regularly
There is a high possibility that the device you use has a lithium-ion battery. To ensure that lithium-ion batteries last longer, charge faster, and maintain their higher power density, you need to charge them regularly.
Method 6: Avoid Battery Drainage
The next possible Samsung battery charging tip is avoiding battery drainage. Make sure the battery in your phone does not run out entirely. Battery draining causes a chemical imbalance within the battery that is challenging to reverse. Once chemical changes occur, you will have to charge your phone frequently. And it can be annoying for you to charge the device two to three times a day. Therefore, do not let the phone charging go below 20%.
Method 7: Avoid Complete Charge/Discharge Cycle
For 400-500 charging/discharging cycles, lithium-ion batteries hold the charge for the maximum capacity. After that, the ability to hold the charge starts decreasing. But you can maximize your device’s battery life by avoiding full charge and discharge cycles. So, it is suggested to charge your phone up to 80-85%.
Method 8: Store Phone Properly
If you are not going to use your device for an extended period, then here are the tips to extend Samsung battery life:
- Charge your phone every 3-6 months.
- You should charge your phone to approximately 50-70%.
- Minimize hot and cold exposure to your phone.
By reading this article, you now know various Samsung battery charging tips. If you implement these in your life, you can easily extend the overall life of your device and prevent certain issues from arising.