How to Run Android Apps on Windows PC: Originally a mobile operating system developed for smartphones, Android has now made its way into wrist watches, televisions, cars, game consoles and what not! With its great user interface, Android is the best-selling mobile OS. We can’t really survive without our smartphones after all. Android offers a vast pool of apps and games on Google Play, which are extremely exciting and addicting and this is the main reason for its popularity. Android apps are just the best and the reason why we are stuck on our phones all the time, but if you are obsessed with your computer equally, switching between your phone and computer can become very frustrating. So, if you want to run your favorite Android Apps on Windows PC, then there are few softwares which you can use.
How to Run Android Apps on Windows PC
Method 1: Use BlueStacks Android Emulator
BlueStacks is an Android emulator that you can use to run Android Apps on Windows PC or iOS computer. BlueStacks app player software can be downloaded on your computer from its official website and is free for using the basic features. To use your favorite Android app on your computer,
1.Download BlueStacks Android emulator.
2.Click on the downloaded exe file to install it. Follow the on-instructions provided.
3.Launch BlueStacks then click on ‘LET’S GO’ to set up your Google account.
4.Enter your Google account credentials and follow the instructions.
5.Your account will be logged in and BlueStacks will be ready for use.
6.Click on Google Play Store and search for your favourite app in the Play Store and click on Install to install it.
7.Click on Open to launch the app. The app will also be available on the home page.
8.Note that some apps use automobile verification and such apps will not work on your computer. All other apps including those in which you can manually type the verification code will work perfectly.
9.You can also sync the apps between your phone and computer.
10.You can even take screenshots, set location, and enable keyboard controls depending upon the app requirement and your ease.
Method 2: Install Android Operating System on your PC
Instead of using an Android emulator, you can also use Android OS on your computer like Phoenix OS. It will be installed separately from your main computer OS and will convert your computer to an Android device. You will be able to choose between the OS at the time of booting.
- Download exe or iso file for Phoenix OS from its official website depending upon where you want to install it (.exe for computer hard disk drive or iso for bootable USB drive).
- Open the downloaded file and install Phoenix.
- You can now choose if you want to install it on your hard disk or if you want to install it on a bootable USB drive.
- For hard disk install, choose a suitable partition of the drive and click on Next.
- Choose the required data size depending upon how many apps you would install. A smaller size will be quick to install.
- You will have to reboot your computer now to start using Phoenix.
If you don’t like the interface of Phoenix OS or you more likely to use an open source OS to run Android Apps on Windows PC then don’t worry just try Android–x86.
Android-x86 is based on the Android Open Source Project and efficiently ports Android mobile OS to be able to run on computers. You can download it on USB flash drive, CD/DVD or Virtual Machine. To install Android-x86 on your virtual machine,
- Set up your Virtual Machone with a minimum RAM of 512 MB.
- Download the Android-x86 file.
- Load the file in your VM menu and load VM.
- In the GRUB menu, choose to install Android-x86 to hard disk.
- Create a new partition, and install Android x86 to it.
- Format the partition and click on Yes.
- Once done, reboot your computer.
- Run UNetbootin and select the iso file and your USB drive from it.
- Reboot your device once everything is installed and boot into your BIOS.
- Select your USB drive.
- In GRUB menu, follow the steps as mentioned above for installing it on VM.
- Once done, reboot your device.
Using these steps, you can easily use your Android app on a computer and save yourself of all the hassle of switching between your phone and computer. Also read 14 Best Android Apps to Download Paid Apps for Free.
- How to Change Default System Font in Windows 10
- Get Your Printer Back Online in Windows 10
- What is an MKV file and how to open it?
- Fix Destination Path Too Long Error
I hope this article was helpful and now you can easily Run Android Apps on Windows PC, but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.