Is your Disney Plus too dark while streaming? Well, encountering a dark screen while streaming content on TV or apps is a common problem. While dimming the lights in the room can improve visibility, it may not be a solution for excessively dark Disney Plus content. Identifying the root cause of this issue is crucial to resolve it effectively. Keeping this in mind, our guide will provide useful insights and solutions to address this issue and clear any doubts you may have.
Is your Disney Plus Too Dark while Streaming?
If you have recently noticed that Disney Plus is too dark while streaming, then worry not as you are not alone. Netizens all over the world are grappling with this issue. Below you’ll find a list of 7 simple fixes you can try to restore the brightness of your favorite content.
To fix Disney Plus too dark while streaming, change picture mode:
1. On your Samsung TV, open Settings.
2. Select Picture and open Picture Mode.
3. Now, choose Dynamic mode from the menu.
Method 1: Adjust TV Brightness
Is your Disney Plus too dark while streaming? One thing you can check is your TV’s default brightness settings. This method may save you from wondering, why is Disney Plus so dark on your TV.
1. Go to Settings on Samsung TV.
2. Select Picture.
3. Now select Expert Settings.
4. Go to Brightness and adjust as per your preference.
Method 2: Change Picture Mode
You must’ve seen images of birds or waterfalls on TV in high-quality and colorful slow motion. They look like that because they’ve been set to a dynamic picture. An easy fix to the problem is just looking for the dynamic settings on your TV. Selecting this mode will help brighten all of those darker scenes you have been struggling to watch and create a better memory. Here is how to do it on your Samsung TV:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Select Picture.
3. Now select Picture Mode.
4. Finally, choose Dynamic from the menu on your screen.
Also Read: How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord
Method 3: Turn Off HDR
It is fairly normal for a TV to struggle with HDR colors (High Dynamic Range). HDR is intended to provide brighter highlights and a greater spectrum of color detail for a more accurate overall image. What it does is that it makes the bright colors even brighter and the dark ones even darker.
This feature is supposed to bring more advantages to the spectator than issues to deal with. However, this could end up being the reason for you not being able to make the most of it all making you wonder, why is Disney Plus so dark on my TV? Well, every TV has a different approach to turning it off.
To give you a gist of the process, here’s how you can do it on Samsung TVs:
1. Go to your Home Screen.
2. Locate the icon for Settings and select it.
3. Select General.
4. Select External Device Manager.
5. Look for Game HDR and simply turn it off.
Now is the time for you to reflect if it worked. Watch your favorite content on the platform and see if it’s still too dark when streaming.
Method 4: Update Disney Plus App
Is your Disney Plus too dark while streaming? If so, then move on to this method. Well, a bummer but true, an older version of an application can cause such problems. Utilizing an outdated version of the platform’s software on a fully updated streaming device may explain why your Disney Plus seems to be excessively dark while streaming.
Here’s how you can update Disney Plus on different platforms like iOS, Android, and Roku:
1. Go to the App Store.
2. Locate your profile icon at the upper right corner of the screen, and then tap on it.
3. Look for the Update All option. This will update your Disney Plus app.
1. Press the home button on the remote.
2. Select Apps.
3. Look for the Disney Plus app and select it.
4. Finally, choose Update App.
Method 5: Update TV
If you do not update your devices on time, then you can miss the speed, efficiency, and other newly-launched features. Apart from this, this can also cause certain apps to crash unexpectedly or act differently. To check whether this is the responsible cause for your dark screen in Disney Plus, here is how to update your Samsung TV:
1. Press the home button.
2. Go to Settings followed by Support.
3. Select Software Update from the menu.
4. Choose Update Now.
Also Read: How to Update Disney Plus Account
Method 6: Reinstall Disney Plus App
It could just take as small of a step as a reinstall to put it all back in place. Reinstalling the app gives the app a chance to have a force restart. While we’re using the app, there are a couple of operations running along with it. However, a bug or a corrupted file might affect the viewing experience of a viewer.
1. Tap and hold the Disney Plus app until it starts to shake on your home screen. (This means that you’ve selected the app successfully)
2. Tap on the Remove App option and then delete the app.
3. Turn your phone off and then turn it back on.
4. Go to the App Store and then search for the Disney Plus app.
5. Tap on the download option.
After it’s downloaded, open the app and enjoy your favorite content.
For Samsung TV:
If an app on your Samsung TV is not working, you can try reinstalling it. For this, what you need to do is:
1. Press the Home button.
2. Find and select Apps.
3. Select Options and find Disney Plus.
4. Choose Delete from the menu.
5. Select Delete to confirm your decision.
6. Press the Home button again and select Apps.
7. Select the search icon and find Disney Plus.
8. Choose the Install option on your screen.
Method 7: Contact Disney Plus Support
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked to resolve the said issue with the Disney Plus app, this is the last resort. You can contact Disney Plus Help Centre to get in touch with experts. This way you will get expert solutions to your issue.
Experiencing excessive darkness while streaming Disney Plus can be quite troublesome. Some of the content on the platform is already quite dimly lit, and this issue only aggravates the problem. We hope that we have answered your query, Is your Disney Plus too dark while streaming? Feel free to try out any of the suggested methods to find a solution that works best for you.