Voice chat in Minecraft is your ticket to taking gaming experience to the next level. With friends by your side, communicating cannot be easier than this as you embark on epic quests. If you’re someone looking to know how to voice chat in Minecraft, you’re in luck! So, keep reading till the end!
How to Voice Chat in Minecraft
Team up with your friends, strategize, and conquer, all while chatting in real time! There are different ways to voice chat in Minecraft, let’s take a look at them below.
Method 1: Via Xbox and Windows PC
To voice chat in Minecraft from Xbox through your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
Note: You need to download the Xbox Game Bar for your computer if you’re using a PC.
1. Press the Xbox button and the guide will open.
2. Select Parties & chats and then choose Start a party.
3. Select Invite more.
4. Choose friends you want to invite and then select Invite selected people.
You will be able to easily voice chat with your friends now.
Method 2: PS4
In order to start a chat on your PS4, you need to follow the following steps:
1. Go to the PS4 home screen and press up to reach the function screen.
2. Then click on Party > Start Party.
3. Choose Open Group or Closed group.
4. Choose a group name.
5. Select the privacy settings and then add players to invite friends.
Also Read: 20 Best Realistic Minecraft Texture Packs
Method 3: Via Discord
Follow the below-mentioned procedure to voice chat in Minecraft PE using Discord:
1. Install the Discord app on your mobile.
2. Create a Discord account or log in if you already have one.
3. After logging in, create a server by tapping on the + button present at the bottom of the screen.
4. Now, customize your server settings and click on Create Server.
5. Share the server invitation link by clicking on Share Link or Invite.
6. Create a voice channel for Minecraft PE once your friends have joined the server.
7. Open Minecraft PE on your mobile and start a multiplayer game.
8. Now, minimize the game and open the Discord app.
9. Tap on the voice channel you created and join the voice channel.
10. Ensure that your microphone is enabled and configured properly.
And that’s it, now you will be able to communicate with your friends in Minecraft.
Method 4: Using Xbox Live Chat Party
Follow the steps mentioned below to voice chat in Minecraft PE using the Xbox Live Party Chat:
1. Ensure that both you and your friends have Xbox Live accounts.
2. Open Minecraft PE on your mobile.
3. Start a multiplayer game or just join an existing one.
4. Now, minimize the game and open the Xbox app on your mobile.
5. Sign in to your Xbox Live account or make a new one.
6. Tap on the party icon at the top of the screen and tap on Start a party.
7. Select your friends names and tap on Send invitation.
Note: Ensure that your microphone is properly configured.
After everyone has joined the party, you can start voice chatting by speaking into the microphone.
How to Open Chat in Minecraft PC
Follow the procedure to open chat in Minecraft PC:
1. Open Minecraft and then start a single-player or multiplayer game.
2. Press the T key on your keyboard after entering the game.
3. Now, type any message in the chat box and press Enter to send it.
Your message will now be visible to other players.
Note: Tyle a “/” before the command in the chat to use commandos.
You will be able to open chats on Minecraft PC.
How to Voice Chat in Minecraft PE
The Minecraft PE stands for Minecraft Pocket Edition. It refers to the mobile version of Minecraft that you can play freely on your phone or tablet. Minecraft PE does not have a built-in voice chat feature so you will have to use a third-party app or Xbox app.
How to Close Chat in Minecraft PC
To close the chat in Minecraft PC, press the Esc key from your keyboard. It will bring you back to the game and will exit the chat window. You can now continue playing Minecraft.
How to Install the Simple Voice Chat Mod in Minecraft
Minecraft has no support for voice chat so a few members of the community have created different voice chat mods amongst which the best is the Simple Voice Chat mod. The players will have to download the Fabric API and Fabric mod along with the mod.
Note: We do not endorse third-party applications as they may expose your device to unwanted malware or viruses. User discretion is advised!
1. Open the downloaded fabric installer and select the correct version.
2. Click on install and a new installation of Minecraft will appear.
3. Open the new fabric installation to make sure all new installation files are extracted and then close the game.
4. Copy the fabric API and the Simple Voice Chat’s mod file.
5. Now, paste it into the mods folder present in the application data folder of Minecraft.
Note: This folder can be accessed by pressing WIN+G and entering %appdata%/.minecraft/mods.
Now you will be able to communicate with your fellow players.
Also Read: How to Backup or Restore a Minecraft Realm
Voice chat in Minecraft is an amazing feature that allows you to communicate with your friends while exploring the vast Lego world. It also adds a whole new level of teamwork to the game. With voice chat, you can coordinate your actions, and share exciting moments. We hope this guide on how to voice chat in Minecraft has answered all your queries. Keep visiting our site for more information or leave your queries below.