Are you fond of custom iPhone widgets? If so, then Widgetsmith might be your perfect match. With this app, you can say goodbye to monotonous default layouts and explore an extensive range of categories. However, if you are new to this level of personalization, you might wonder how to use Widgetsmith on iPhone. Look no more, as this guide has everything you need to know.
Table of Contents
How to Use Widgetsmith on iPhone
With an extensive range of categories ranging from astronomy and health to weather and air quality, you might fall head over heels for this app. But to use it, you need to know how to use Widgetsmith on iPhone iOS 15. Here is how you go about it:
1. Open App Store and search Widgetsmith.
2. Tap on the GET button.
3. Launch Widgetsmith on your iPhone.
4. After that, choose the size of the widget by tapping on:
- Add a Small Widget
- Add a Medium Widget
- Add a Large Widget
5. Next, tap on [Image size] #1 to retitle your widget properly. This helps users to differentiate between their custom widgets.
6. Now, tap on Default Widget.
7. Hereafter, tap to select a widget and style of your liking.
8. Then, tap on Theme to customize your widget.
9. Now, choose a premade aesthetic and tap on the Customize Theme option to customize your widget further.
Note: You can change the widget background color, tint color, border color, font, and artwork.
10. Consequently, tap on Save to finish.
11. After this, choose:
- Apply to This Widget Only: To save changes for this specific widget only.
- Update Theme Everywhere: To apply changes to all widgets using this theme.
12. Next, tap on Save and choose Back.
Finally, tap on the Save option to finish the process.
How to Add Widgetsmith to Home Screen on iPhone
To make yourself familiar with how to add Widgetsmith to the home screen iPhone, read the steps given below:
1. Navigate to your Home Screen to tap and hold on to your wallpaper to get the Jiggle mode.
2. After that, tap on the + icon located at the top.
3. Then, scroll down and choose the Widgetsmith option.
4. Now, choose the size of your custom widget.
5. Tap and hold the blank widget grid and drag it to your Home Screen.
6. Next, tap on the custom Widgetsmith widget while in the jiggle mode.
7. Hereafter, tap on the widget name adjacent to the Widget when the popup appears.
8. Finally, choose your custom widget from the given options and then move back to your Home Screen.
After this, the chosen custom widget will now inhabit the widget grid. You can make use of the Jiggle mode to move your custom widgets wherever you like on your Home Screen.
Also Read: 20 Best Android Widgets For Your Homescreen
How to Change App Icons with Widgetsmith
If you are getting over custom app icons and want to spice things up, then this can come in handy. Here is how to change app icons with Widgetsmith in a few simple taps:
1. Launch Widgetsmith on your iPhone and choose the size of the widget as per your choice.
2. After that, tap on the widget to customize it. Now, you will be able to change the app icons’ color, theme, and font.
3. Next, tap on the save option after you are done.
4. On the Home screen, tap and hold any app icon and choose the Edit Home Screen option.
5. Next, tap on the + icon located in the top left corner.
6. Find and tap on Widgetsmith.
7. Hereafter, choose the widget size and tap on Add Widget option.
8. You can edit the widget by pressing and holding down on the app and then choosing the Edit Widget option.
This wraps our article on how to use Widgetsmith on iPhone. You can reach out to us with your suggestions and queries via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to gain insights on in our next article.