Video editing has become a popular trend on social media, and online tools like CapCut make it easy. With CapCut, you can achieve various effects, including freeze frames. Whether you want to create a dramatic moment or add a touch of magic to your videos, this guide will show you how to use this feature in CapCut. Let’s get started!
Where is the Freeze Frame in CapCut?
The freeze frame feature in CapCut is located in the Edit menu. You can access it after creating a New project in the app.
How to Use Freeze Frame On CapCut
CapCut offers a range of filters for posting on various social media platforms. Using the freeze frame function can add a captivating frozen screen effect to your videos, making them visually striking and attention-grabbing. To get familiar with it and use it in your videos, follow the detailed steps given below:
1. Download the CapCut app from the Play Store on your phone, open it, and tap on New project.
2. Import the video that you want to add a freeze frame to and tap on the Add button.
3. Tap on the video clip on the timeline.
4. Tap on the Edit icon at the bottom of the screen.
5. Next, tap on the Freeze icon.
6. Drag the white sliders to adjust the duration of the freeze frame.
7. Finally, tap on Done.
Also Read: How to Do the Shake Effect on CapCut
How to Edit the Freeze Frame Video Effect in CapCut on Windows
Editing the freeze frame video effect in CapCut on Windows involves a precise series of steps:
1. Open the CapCut application on your Windows device.
2. Access your existing project or click on Start creating.
3. Within your project, pinpoint the clip where you wish to apply the freeze frame effect.
4. To insert a freeze frame, split the clip at the exact moment you want the effect to begin. Locate the clip’s timeline position, select it, and employ the split tool or shortcut.
5. After splitting, select the segment you just separated. Duplicate it, creating a copy of the frame.
6. Click on the duplicated segment and opt for the Freeze Frame or Hold option, depending on the CapCut version.
Note: A dialogue box will appear, enabling you to set the duration for the freeze frame. Specify the desired length, ensuring it aligns with your intended effect. Confirm your selection.
7. Play your video to review the freeze frame effect. Ensure it appears at the desired moment and lasts for the chosen duration.
8. Once satisfied, save your project, and click on the Export button with the freeze frame effect intact.
Also Read: How to Do Velocity Edit on CapCut
Why the Freeze Frame Option is Used on CapCut?
The freeze frame option in CapCut is employed for several specific reasons within video editing:
- It allows editors to emphasize critical moments within a video, drawing the viewer’s attention to specific actions, reactions, or details.
- Freeze frames can introduce a dramatic or suspenseful element to a video by pausing the action at a crucial point.
- In educational or tutorial videos, these frames are used to freeze a frame containing important information, making it easier for viewers to absorb and understand.
- It can be used as a transitional element between scenes or clips, providing a smoother flow to the video.
- Freeze frames can be employed for aesthetic purposes, enhancing the overall visuals of the video by introducing creative and artistic effects.
- In comedic content, freeze frames are often used to underscore humorous moments, allowing viewers to savor the comedic timing.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to use the freeze frame on CapCut. So go ahead, hit pause on the moments that matter, and let your creativity shine. Don’t hold back, drop your cool thoughts and genius ideas in the comments. We’re all ears!