Facebook is a widely used social networking platform globally. You can access it using the Facebook web, mobile app, and desktop app. On Android, you can download and update the Facebook app from Play Store. For some reason, if the app isn’t running on the latest version automatically and you want to manually do it, then keep reading this guide with complete steps to know how to update Facebook on Android phones.
How to Update Facebook on Android
Android apps either automatically update themselves along with operating system updates or need to be manually brought to the latest version available from the Google Play Store. You will learn in depth about the steps to do so below.
Does Facebook Automatically Update on Android?
Yes, Facebook automatically brings the up-to-date version on Android, but only if the auto-update feature is enabled in the Play Store. If the auto-update app feature is disabled on the Google Play Store then you need to manually visit the play store to bring the latest version of the Facebook app. To know more about this process, you can check out the steps mentioned under the following heading.
To manually update the Facebook app on Android:
1. Open Google Play Store app and tap on the profile icon.
2. In Manage apps & device, check for Updates available.
3. Locate Facebook and tap on Update.
How to Update Facebook on Android Phones
To know more about the steps to update the Facebook app on your smartphone, just follow these steps:
Note: The steps performed below are for devices with Android version 5.0 or higher.
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
3. From the options that appeared on the screen tap on Manage apps & device.
4. From the Manage apps & device section, tap on Updates available or on the See details option under it.
6. Now locate the Facebook app and tap on Update.
7. Now, Play Store will download and install the latest version of the Facebook app.
- What is CapCut App?
- Best Android Apps on Google Play Store
- Manually download and install the Google Play Store
We hope that this article has helped you in knowing how to update Facebook on Android devices in detail. Please share your valuable experience after reading this article. In case of any queries or suggestions feel free to drop them in the comment section below.