As you know, Chromecast is a very internet-dependent device that often requires updates. Updating Chromecast includes security patches that protect the device from potential vulnerabilities and hacking attempts. We’ll get to know how to update Chromecast and how to update Chromecast 1st generation in the article further. However, do you need to upgrade Chromecast? It is recommended to check for and install updates periodically to keep Chromecast running smoothly. Read until the end to learn how do I update Chromecast on Android TV and how to update Chromecast WiFi.
How to Update Chromecast
Read this article till the end to learn how to update Chromecast demonstrating and do you need to upgrade Chromecast in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
What is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google. It allows users to play streaming media content from their mobile devices or personal computers on a high-definition television or home audio system by directly streaming it via Wi-Fi. The device is controlled using a smartphone or tablet, and users can play, pause, and adjust the volume of the media directly from their mobile device. Chromecast also allows users to share their screens on the TV.
Also Read: Chromecast vs Firestick: Which is Better?
How does Chromecast Work?
Chromecast works by using a technology called casting. When you cast a video or audio from your mobile device or computer to your Chromecast, the Chromecast receives the data from the source device and plays it on your TV or home audio system.
Note: Since Android smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
1. Access the Quick access menu from the notification panel at the top of your screen.
2. Locate and tap on the Cast option.
Note: The cast option may be available by other names, such as Smart View, Wireless Display, Miracast, or others, depending upon your device.
3. From the list of available devices, select the Chromecast device to start casting your device’s screen on your TV.
Note: However, if your phone does not have an in-built casting feature, you can always use the Google Home app for screen mirroring.
How to Update Chromecast?
If you are curious about, how do I know if my Chromecast is updated follow the steps below to check for updates and you may also update your Chromecast, by following the same steps:
1. Navigate to the Chromecast home screen on Google TV.
2. Select the Profile icon > Settings option.
3. Then, choose the System option.
4. Now, select the About > System update options.
5. Hit the Check for updates from the screen.
6. If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade your Chromecast.
Note: Chromecast will automatically check for upgrades and install them when it is not being used and connected to power and Wi-Fi.
Also Read: How to Update Disney Plus Account
How to Update Chromecast 1st Generation?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to update your Chromecast 1st generation to the latest version. Now, let’s see if do you need to upgrade Chromecast.
Do You Need to Upgrade Chromecast?
Yes. It is recommended to regularly update your Chromecast to ensure that it is running the latest software and to benefit from new features and bug fixes. You can check the previous section to know how the Chromecast is updated. You can also check the release notes of the latest update to see if they contain any features or bug fixes that you are looking for. Now you know if do you need to upgrade Chromecast or not.
How Do I Update Chromecast on Android TV?
Google recently launched a new Chromecast device that is specifically designed to work with Android TV. This new Chromecast is a streaming dongle that allows you to easily cast content from your mobile device or computer to your Android TV. It supports 4K resolution and HDR, and it comes with an improved remote control that allows for more intuitive navigation and control.
Let’s figure out how to update Chromecast on Android TV. To upgrade Chromecast on an Android TV, follow these steps:
1. Turn on your Android TV.
Note: Make sure it is connected to the same network as your Chromecast.
2. Select the Profile icon from the home screen.
3. Then, choose the Settings > System option.
4. Select the About option.
5. Then, choose the System update > Check for updates option.
6. Update the Chromecast to the latest version by following the onscreen instructions.
Alternatively, you can also check for updates from your Chromecast device by going to the device settings and checking for updates.
How to Update Chromecast Wi-Fi?
Updating the Wi-Fi settings on your Chromecast allows you to connect it to a different wireless network, this can be useful if you have changed your router or you’re moving to a new location. You can’t upgrade Chromecast Wi-Fi, the only way to solve this is to change the Wi-Fi network. By changing the Wi-Fi on your Chromecast, you can ensure that it will continue to work seamlessly and stream your content without interruption.
You can learn how to update Chromecast Wi-Fi on your laptop by following the steps below:
2. Tap on the desired Chromecast device you want to update the WiFi network for.
3. Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Swipe down and tap on Wi-Fi.
5. Tap on the Forget This Network to disconnect the current connected Wi-Fi network.
6. Now, navigate back to the home screen and tap on the Add icon.
7. Then, tap on the Set up device > Set up new devices.
8. Follow the onscreen instructions to create a home, connect the desired device, and connect to the new Wi-Fi.
Read this article from the start to learn whether do you need to upgrade Chromecast.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What’s the latest version of Chromecast?
Ans. The latest version of Chromecast is Chromecast with Google TV 4K model, which was launched in September 2020. Chromecast with Google TV also allows you to access thousands of apps and games from the Google Play store, including popular streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and more. It also supports 4K resolution and HDR for a better streaming experience.
Q2. Do Chromecast apps update automatically?
Ans. Yes, most casting apps update automatically, meaning that when a new version of the app becomes available, it will automatically be downloaded and installed on your device. It helps ensure that you always have the app’s latest features and bug fixes.
Q3. How many types of Chromecasts are there?
Ans. There are three types of Chromecast devices available.
- The first one is the original Chromecast device. It allows you to stream content from your mobile device or computer to your TV.
- The second one is Chromecast Ultra, a more advanced version of Chromecast.
- The third one is Chromecast with Google TV, which is the latest version of Chromecast.
Q4. How long does a Chromecast take to update?
Ans. The amount of time it takes to update a Chromecast can vary depending on several factors, such as the update’s size, the internet connection speed, and the model of the Chromecast. Typically, Chromecast updates are small and take only a few minutes to download and install. However, larger updates can take longer to download and install.
- Top 11 Solutions to Fix iPad Keeps Shutting Down
- What is Grinning Filter and How to Get It?
- What is the New Snapchat Update?
- 30 Best Free Chromecast Apps
We hope that you learned about how to update Chromecast and how to update Chromecast 1st generation. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.