If you are having a modem and are tired of using the same network or SIM, you may want to know the answer to the question of how to unlock modem to use any SIM. To do the said option, you would have to install any of the modem unlocking software to reconfigure your modem. One of such popular modems which can be altered to take any SIM card is the Huawei modem. In this article, you will learn the method to unlock Huawei modem using your Windows PC. The most popular software which is the Huawei modem Unlocker is also described in this article.
How to Unlock Huawei Modem
The section explains the method to unlock the Huawei modem using the IMEI number of your modem.
Step I: Login to Huawei Modem Homepage
The first step is to log in to the Huawei Modem home page on Windows PC using your default web browser.
1. Press the Windows key, type Google Chrome and click on Open.
2. Open the official website of the Huawei router login portal and click on the 192.168.3.1 Login button.
3. Log in to your Huawei account using the sign-in credentials.
Note: Most of the Huawei Router models have the username as admin and password as firstname.lastname@example.org or Admin@huawei.
Step II: Note down IMEI Number of Modem
The next step is to note the IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity number from the Huawei router page. Click on the Advanced Settings, click on the Device Information option, and not the IMEI number of the Modem.
Note: Alternatively, you can remove the battery from the rear cover of the modem and not the IMEI number in the modem.
Step III: Calculate Unlock Code
The third step to unlock Huawei modem is to calculate the 8-digit NCK code or unlock code using any unlock code calculator. You have 10 unlock attempts and you can click on the Reset counter if the attempt has exceeded.
Option I: Huawei Unlock Calculator
The method to use the most popular unlock code calculator which is the Huawei Unlock Calculator tool to calculate the NCK code is given below.
1. In the Google Chrome web browser, open the official website of the Huawei Unlock Calculator.
2. Type the 15-digit IMEI Number in the field given and click on the Calculate Unlock Code button.
3. Note down the Unlock Code displayed for the modem.
Option II: Huawei Code Calculator
The Huawei Code Calculator is an online tool for calculating the 8-digit unlock code. The notable benefit is that the tool provides quick and reliable results.
1. Launch the Google Chrome web browser and visit the official website of the Huawei Code Calculator.
2. Click on the Login option and enter your sign-in credentials.
3. Type the 15-digit IMEI Number and the Model Number in the fields and click on the CALCULATE button.
Note 1: You should click on the g+1 option if you have signed in using your Gmail account.
Note 2: You can click on the Auto selection option if you can’t find the model number.
Option III: SIM-Unlock.net
The SIM-Unlock.net is a tool that has a pre-written algorithm for calculating the unlock code. The tool has an easy User Interface and is free to use. The tool provides results with up to 100% accuracy making it an ideal choice for users.
1. Go to the official website of SIM-Unlock.net.
2. Click on the link specifying your model.
3. Type the 15-digit IMEI Number in the IMEI field and click on the Generate Codes button.
Option IV: GSM Multi Hub Modem Unlocker
The last option is to use the GSM Multi Hub Modem Unlocker Tool. The tool supports some of the modems with model numbers like Huawei E156G, E156, E155, E1552, E160, and E1550. Additionally, it supports mobile phones like Alcatel, LG, and ZTE. The tool is free to use and fast and provides reliable results. The only disadvantage of using the tool is that it doesn’t support a good range of devices.
1. Visit the official website of the GSM Multi Hub Vo 5.1 and click on the Google Drive option to install the file.
2. Extract the files of the downloaded file using a data compression utility and launch the interface.
3. Click on the Huawei tab, select the model in the SELECT MODEL drop-down menu and type the 15-digit IMEI Number in the field, and click on the CALCULATE button.
Step IV: Unlock Huawei Modem
The answer to the question of how to unlock modem to use any SIM is explained in this step. The final step is to enter the unlock code to make the modem work with any other SIM or Network.
1. Turn off your Modem, insert an invalid SIM in the slot on your Modem, and turn it on.
2. Go back to the official Huawei Router login page in the Google Chrome app.
3. Click on Advanced Settings, then on the SIM Settings option, and then on the Unlock Device option.
4. Type the Unlock Code calculated and click on the Apply button.
Huawei Modem Unlocker Tools
To unlock Huawei modem, you can use any of the software given in this section. The software is primarily used to unlock a modem with a primate network and make it available for all network operators.
1. Huawei Modem Unlocker
The Huawei Modem Unlocker is a software tool developed by the BOJS team to unlock the modem.
- The notable advantage of this tool is that the tool is free and compatible with any Windows OS.
- The tool requires you to have a stable PC with at least 256 MB of RAM.
- This popular tool is safe and secure, making it the first choice for unlocking.
- The tool is user-friendly and has a good User-Interface.
- You can use this tool to unlock a good range of Huawei models.
- The unlocking feature is given options, such as Temporary or Permanent unlocking.
- In addition to unlocking, you can reset and reboot your modem using the tool.
- In some models, you can modify the download and upload speed of the modem using the tool.
The section provides the method to use the Huawei Modem Unlocker tool to unlock the Huawei modem.
Step I: Install Software Tools
The first step to unlock Huawei modem is to install the software tools required for using this software.
1. Use the Windows Search bar to open the Google Chrome web browser.
2. Open the official website of the Huawei USB Drivers (Universal Drivers) and download the driver according to the model number.
3. Connect the Huawei modem to your Windows PC using a standard USB cable.
4. Use the link given here to open the Huawei Modem Unlocker tool in the Google Chrome app.
5. Click on the DOWNLOAD button.
6. Open the downloaded file and extract all the content using a data compression utility.
Step II: Unlock your Modem
The next step is to use the software to unlock your modem.
1. Install the software tool by following the on-screen instructions of the installation wizard.
2. Double-click on the .exe file to launch the tool and press the Refresh button on the modem.
Note: The modem will get automatically detected by the Windows PC after you press the Refresh button.
3. Select the boxes for Auto-Calc Code and Auto-Unlock Modem options.
4. Click on the READ MDM DATA option.
5. Then, click on the Unlock button to unlock your Modem.
6. Next, click on the Calculate button and note the flash code displayed.
Step III: Install Huawei Firmware Update Tool
The Huawei Firmware Update tool can be used to update the firmware of the Huawei modem so that you can unlock Huawei modem with ease.
1. In the Google Chrome app, open the official website of the Huawei Firmware update.
2. Click on the model name of your modem in the list.
Note: The AR100 Series Enterprise Routers are chosen for explanatory purposes.
3. Click on the Software Download tab, then on the linked text in the Version and Patch Number section, and follow the on-screen instructions of the installation wizard.
4. Extract the contents of the downloaded file using a data compression utility and run the .exe file.
5. Enter the flash code you have noted in the field to update the firmware.
Step IV: Install Huawei Dashboard Update Tool
The Huawei Dashboard Update Tool is the answer to the question of how to unlock modem to use any SIM. It programs the modem to accept any of the SIM cards inserted in the slot.
1. Open the Google Chrome app, go to the official website for the Huawei dashboard update.
2. Click on the model name and install the file by following the on-screen instructions on the installation wizard.
3. Extract the contents of the downloaded file using a data compression utility and run the .exe file.
2. DC Unlocker
The DC Unlocker is another modem unlocker tool that can be used to unlock the modem to allow using any of the SIM networks.
- The DC Unlocker is a versatile unlock tool for modems, which means that the firmware required for the modem is automatically installed.
- The tool is compatible with a wide range of devices and is reliable and safe.
- The tool has an easy and functional User Interface that provides quick results.
- Additionally, the tool provides free updates to make it suited for the latest models.
- Other features on the tool include the Read and Write panels for Huawei ZTE modems and the voice feature for Huawei QUALCOMM modems.
- The notable feature of using the tool is that the necessity to swap between SIM cards is avoided while trying to unlock the modem.
- Another feature is that it does not need any cable or adapter to unlock Huawei modem.
- This universal tool is a program specialized in data card unlocking and is free to use.
- It also has an auto-detect function that allows the tool to detect the model number automatically when connected.
- One of the main advantages is that this tool can be used to unlock a wide range of devices along with the modems.
- In addition to these features, if the number of attempts of unlocking the modem has exceeded 10, you can click on the Reset Counter button to restart the attempt count.
Also Read: What is a Router and How does it work?
The steps to use the DC Unlocker tool to unlock the Huawei modem is described in this section.
1. Launch the Google Chrome web browser.
2. Open the official website of the DC Unlocker tool and click on the Download latest option in the DC-unlocker client for Windows section.
3. Select the Huawei modems option in the Select manufacturer drop-down menu and select the model number of the modem in the Select model section.
4. Select the Read Unlock code and auto enter to modem option in the Unlock type section.
5. Enter the 15-digit IMEI Number in the field and click on the Do Job button to unlock the modem.
- How to See Blocked Messages on iPhone
- Fix Remote Desktop Connection an Internal Error Has Occurred
- What is Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol?
- How to Connect to Frontier Wireless Router or Modem
The method to unlock Huawei modem is explained in this article. You can use any of the Huawei Modem unlocking software tools described in this article to unlock your modem. Please leave your suggestions and queries on the topic in the Comments.