Discord has brought together various communities in the virtual world, ranging from gaming clans to study groups. However, as priorities change or preferences evolve, you might find it necessary to uninstall this app from your phone or desktop. This article will specifically guide you on how to uninstall Discord on your macOS devices like MacBook or Macbook Pro.
How to Uninstall Discord on Mac
There could be several reasons you may decide to uninstall Discord on your Mac, such as:
- To enhance system speed and performance
- To free up space
- Or, app is no longer needed
Is It Safe to Uninstall Discord? – Yes, it’s completely safe to uninstall Discord on a Mac. Removing Discord process is straightforward: just delete the Discord program from your Applications folder and any associated files and folders, as explained below.
Method 1: Through Launchpad
Any applications downloaded from the App Store are stored within the Launchpad. You can access the Launchpad on your Mac directly from the Dock and remove Discord app:
1. First, open the Launchpad located from your Dock.
2. After that, click and hold the Discord application until the time it starts to jiggle.
3A. Next, click on the X icon located in the upper left corner of the app icon and click on Delete.
3B. Or drag the Discord app to the Bin on the Dock to uninstall it.
Also Read: How Do You Delete Multiple iMessages on Mac
Method 2: Via Finder
Using Finder, you can completely uninstall Discord on Mac with a few steps:
Note: Make sure to Quit the Discord app before performing these steps.
1. Access Finder and click on the Applications folder from the left pane.
2. Locate and drag the Discord app to the Bin on the Dock.
3. Now, right-click on the Bin folder and select Empty Bin.
4. Click on Go from the top of the screen and select Go to Folder from the menu.
5. Delete all Discord folders or files by manually locating them in the following folders:
- ~/Library/Application Support
Method 3: Use Third-Party Uninstaller App
CleanMyMac X is an excellent cleaning app that handles your tedious tasks. It locates and deletes files with just a few clicks. Moreover, it can uninstall multiple apps simultaneously and reset any misbehaving ones to their default state.
To learn how to uninstall Discord on a Mac device, like MacBook Pro or Air, follow the steps below.
1. Launch the CleanMyMac X app on your Mac device.
2. Select the Uninstaller tab from the left pane under Applications.
3. Choose the Discord radio button from the list of applications.
4. Then, Select Uninstall from the drop-down option menu present beside the listed app.
5. Lastly, click on Uninstall from the bottom of the screen to get rid of the app quickly.
These are the simple ways to completely uninstall Discord on Mac.
Also Read: How to Leave a Discord Server
We hope you have understood how to uninstall Discord on Mac from this guide. Leave your thoughts in the comments section, and keep exploring for more guides!