Every time you tap on the Shop Now or Click Here button for a sponsored ad or an affiliated link on Instagram, it redirects you to that particular webpage. As the page launches in the platform’s inbuilt browser, these links are automatically saved in the link history tab for future access. However, there may be an instance where you have accidentally or intentionally hidden them. Now the question arises, can you unhide link history on Instagram, and if yes, then how to do so?
Table of Contents
How to Unhide Link History on Instagram
Link History on Instagram keeps track of all links visited on a profile over the past 30 days. You can hide Instagram link history to maintain privacy, but what if you want to revisit a website but can’t remember what it is? Unfortunately, Instagram does not provide a direct option to unhide the link history. However, there are a few workarounds to access the links. Let’s try them up.
Method 1: Access Saved Posts
As you know, Instagram lets users save posts or reels and sponsored ads. This method might work for you only if you have saved the ad you are looking for on your Instagram feed. The best part about this is that you can access links even older than 30 days, only if the post was saved.
1. Open Instagram and move to the Profile page.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) at the top-right corner and tap on Saved.
3. Tap on All posts and navigate through the saved posts to find the ad.
Also Read: How to See Instagram Watched Video History
Method 2: Access from Settings
This is one more way to access all the links you have visited through sponsored posts or stories in the past 30 days or so, even after deleting the history.
1. On the Profile page, tap the hamburger icon at the top right corner.
2. Tap on Settings and privacy, followed by Accounts Centre.
3. Tap on Ad preferences.
4. Select Recent ad activity.
5. Tap on your username and that’s it. You can scroll down and navigate through all the ads you had tapped on in the last 30 days.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you understood how to unhide link history on Instagram. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any other queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.