Mostly, when we want to convey something important in a long text, we underline or bold the things. Be it while writing on paper or your electronic devices. When you underline any text, it automatically possesses the significant factor that the reader detects first than any other words that aren’t underlined. It is the same with the bolding of the text. The reader will react to these emphases according to the style of the text and the related emphasis. So, people want to use it in their day-to-day life, like texting. This article will guide you on how to underline text on iPhone and bold text iPhone to fulfill your wish. After reading this article, you will certainly learn more about the text underline iPhone than now. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- How to Underline Text on iPhone
- Can You Bold a Text Message on iPhone?
- How Do I Enable Bold Text on My iPhone?
- Can You Underline a Word in a Text on iPhone?
- How Do You Highlight and Underline Text on iPhone?
- Why is Text Underlined on My iPhone?
- How Do You Underline on WhatsApp iPhone?
- How Do You Type in Bold on WhatsApp iPhone?
How to Underline Text on iPhone
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to underline text on iPhone in detail.
Can You Bold a Text Message on iPhone?
Yes, you can bold a text message on your iPhone whenever you want. You can select the text and bold any text message on iPhone.
You can change message text on iPhone into bold or underlined format. Follow these steps to underline the text on iPhone.
1. Open the Notes app and select the desired note.
2. Write the text and double-tap on the text, and tap on the Select.
3. Tap on the right arrow icon and select Format and tap on Underline.
How Do I Enable Bold Text on My iPhone?
If you want to bold the system text on your iPhone, like app names, settings menu options, etc., follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, swipe down and tap on Display & Brightness.
3. Turn on the toggle for the Bold Text option.
Also Read: How to Find the Next Instance of Text Formatted in Bold
Can You Underline a Word in a Text on iPhone?
Yes, you can underline a word in a text on your iPhone. You will have to format the selected text to underline it. Continue reading to know how to underline text on iPhone.
How Do You Highlight and Underline Text on iPhone?
Following are the steps to highlight and underline text on the iPhone:
1. Open the Notes app on your iPhone.
2. Select the desired note or create a new note.
3. Write the desired text in the opened note.
4. Double-tap on the word or phrase which you want to bold or underline.
5. Tap on the Select option from the popup menu and select the desired text.
6. Then, tap on the right arrow icon.
7. Tap on Format.
8. Tap on the Bold or Underline option.
Also Read: How to Annotate a Text
Why is Text Underlined on My iPhone?
If you formatted the text for underlining unknowingly, you will see the underline below that text. You can disable it by following the same steps mentioned above.
How Do You Underline on WhatsApp iPhone?
The native menu bar with the Format option is not supported on the WhatsApp app on iPhone. So, Copy the text you underlined by following the steps mentioned above and Paste it into the WhatsApp chat.
How Do You Type in Bold on WhatsApp iPhone?
You can place the asterisk (*) symbol at the start and end of the desired word or phrase to bold the text in the WhatsApp iOS app. The asterisk symbol will vanish once you send the text, leaving only the bold text in the sentence.
For example, How to type in *Bold* on WhatsApp?
- 12 Ways to Fix Microsoft Not Sending Message Verification Error
- How to Enable or Disable Auto Capitalization in Word
- How to Highlight Text in Google Slides
- Top 20 Best Mac Clipboard Manager Apps
So, we hope you have understood how to underline text on iPhone with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.