We understand that smartphones can be fragile and may need some care for handling. However, there are times when we don’t pay extra attention to our phones that they may go through various damages. When we talk about phone damage, a cracked screen is what comes to mind. However, you can also damage the power button of your smartphone without proper care. A damaged power button can cost you some money when you want to get it repaired. No one can imagine using their smartphones without a power button as a power button is one of the essential hardware buttons on your smartphone. So what do you do if you have to turn on your phone without power button? Well, it can be a challenging task to turn on your smartphone when your power button is unresponsive, broken, or completely damaged. Therefore, to help you with this issue, we have come up with some ways that you can use to turn on your phone.
- How to turn ON your Phone without Power Button
- Different Ways to turn on your phone without the Power button
- Method 1: Put your phone on charge or ask someone to call
- Method 2: Use the scheduled power on/off feature
- Method 3: Use the double-tap feature to wake the screen
- Method 4: Use third-party apps to remap the power button
- Method 5: Use the fingerprint scanner
- Method 6: Use ADB commands
How to turn ON your Phone without Power Button
There are several ways that you can try to turn on your android smartphone when your power button is damaged or unresponsive. We are mentioning some of the top ways that android phone users can try.
Method 1: Put your phone on charge or ask someone to call
When you have to use your smartphone, but the power button is damaged, and thereby the screen would not turn on. In this case, you can put your smartphone on charging. When you connect your charger, your phone will automatically turn on to show you the battery percentage. Another way is asking someone to call you, as when someone calls you, your smartphone screen will automatically turn on to show you the name of the caller.
However, if your phone has turned off because of zero battery, you can connect it to your charger, and it will automatically turn on.
Method 2: Use the scheduled power on/off feature
With the “Scheduled power on/off” feature, you can easily set the time for your smartphone. After scheduling the time, your smartphone will turn on and off according to your set time. This is an important feature that could come in handy when your power button is broken because this way, you would know that your phone will turn on according to the time you are setting. For this method, you can follow these steps.
1. Open your phone settings by scrolling down from the top of the screen and clicking on the gear icon. This step varies from phone to phone as some phones have the scrolling feature from the bottom of the screen.
2. From the setting, click on Accessibility and open the “Scheduled power on/off” feature. However, this step will again vary from phone to phone. In some phones, you may find this feature by opening the “Security app> Battery & Performance>Scheduled power on/off“.
3. Now, in the scheduled power on/off feature, you can easily set the on and off time for your smartphone. Make sure you keep a 3-5 minutes difference between the power on and off timings.
By using the scheduled power on/off feature of your smartphone, you would not be locked out of your smartphone as your phone will automatically turn on at the scheduled time. However, if you do not like this method, you can try the next one.
Also Read: How to Check if your phone is 4G Enabled?
Method 3: Use the double-tap feature to wake the screen
Most of the smartphone have the double-tap feature that allows the users to double tap on the screen of their smartphone. When the smartphone users double-tap on the screen, the screen of the smartphone will turn on automatically, so if your phone has this feature, then you can follow these steps for this method.
1. The first step is to open your phone Settings by scrolling down or upwards from the top or bottom of the screen as it varies from phone to phone and clicking on the gear icon to open settings.
2. In settings, locate, and go to the ‘Lock screen‘ section.
3. In the lock screen, turn on the toggle for the option ‘Double-tap screen to wake.’
4. Finally, after you have switched on the toggle, you can try to double-tap the screen and see if the screen wakes up.
There are numerous third-party applications that you can use for remapping your power button. This means you can remap and use your volume buttons to turn on your phone. Follow these steps for this method.
1. The first step is to download an application called the ‘Power button to Volume button‘ on your smartphone.
2. Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the application on your smartphone, you have to click the checkboxes for the options’ Boot’ and ‘Screen off.’
3. Now, you have to grant permission to this application for running in the background.
4. After you have granted permissions and enabled the app, you can easily turn off your phone by clicking on the notification. And similarly, you can turn on your smartphone by using the volume buttons.
Method 5: Use the fingerprint scanner
Another method that you can use if you are curious about how to turn on your phone without a power button is by setting your fingerprint scanner to turn on your phone. Here is how you can easily turn on a phone with a broken power button by setting your fingerprint scanner.
1. Open your phone Settings.
2. From the settings, scroll down and locate the “Passwords and Security” section.
3. In the passwords and security section, click on “Fingerprint Unlock“.
4. Now, go to manage fingerprints to add your fingerprint.
5. Start scanning your finger by keeping it on the scanner at the back. This step varies from phone to phone. Some Android smartphones have the menu button as the finger scanner.
6. Once you have successfully scanned your fingertip, you can give a fingerprint name once the option pops up.
7. Finally, you can turn on your smartphone by scanning your fingertip on the fingertip scanner of your phone.
Method 6: Use ADB commands
If none of the above methods are working for you and you cannot restart your phone with a broken power button, you can use the ADB commands on your PC. ADB (Android Debug Bridge) can easily control your smartphone over USB from your PC. However, before you proceed with this method, you have to enable USB debugging on your smartphone. And make sure that your smartphone’s default connection mode is ‘File transfer‘ and not the “charge only” mode. Here is how you can use ADB commands to turn on your phone with a broken power button.
1. The first step is to download and install ADB drivers on your PC.
2. Now, connect your smartphone to your PC with the help of a USB cable.
3. Go to your ADB directory, which is the place where you have downloaded and installed the drivers.
4. Now, you have to press shift and right-click anywhere on the screen to get a list of options.
5. From the list of options, you have to click on “Open Powershell window here.”
6. Now a new window will pop up, where you have to type “ADB devices” to check if your phone’s code name and serial number displays on the screen.
7. Once the phone’s code name and the serial number appears, you have to type “ADB reboot,” and press the enter key to proceed.
8. Finally, your phone will be get rebooted.
However, if you do not see your phone code’s name and serial number after using the command “ADB devices,” then there are chances that you have not enabled the USB debugging feature on your phone.
- How to Install APK Using ADB Commands
- How To Speed Up A Slow Android Phone
- Permanently Delete Facebook Messenger Messages from Both Sides
We hope the above suggestions were helpful, and you were able to turn on your phone with a broken power button. If you know any other ways to turn on your smartphone without a power button, you may let us know in the comments below.