Xbox controllers come in a variety of styles as well as colors to suit different tastes and preferences. They are compatible with a wide range of games across multiple platforms, making them a versatile option for gamers. Do you use an Xbox controller to play games on your PC but are unaware of how to turn it off? Don’t worry! This guide will help you disable it with ease.
Table of Contents
How to Turn Off Xbox Controller on PC
If you’re an avid gamer, you’ll undoubtedly enjoy using your Xbox controller with your PC. It provides an amazing experience by granting easy access to various features and by offering loads of convenience. However, there are instances where turning off the controller on your PC can prove to be challenging. In this guide, we will delve into different methods to accomplish this task.
Method 1: Via cable
You can turn off your Xbox controller on your PC with the help of a cable by following these steps:
1. Press and hold the Xbox button on your Xbox controller to turn it off.
2. Keep holding the button until the light on that button turns off.
3. Once the light of the Xbox button on the controller is turned off, you can eject the controller cable from your PC.
Also Read: How to Take an Xbox Controller Apart
Method 2: Via Bluetooth
Another method to turn off the Xbox controller on your PC is via Bluetooth:
Note: For PCs installed with Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems.
1. Launch the Settings application on your PC.
2. From settings, click on Bluetooth & devices option from the left panel.
3. Click on the Devices option from the Bluetooth & devices section.
4. Select your Xbox controller from the devices and click on the three vertical dots beside it to open the options.
5. From the options, click on the Disconnect option to disconnect the controller from the PC.
6. Now, Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller until the light turns off.
Once the light is off, your Xbox controller has been turned off. You can now remove the batteries when it is not in use to increase the battery life.
Can you Turn Off Xbox Controller on PC?
Yes, you can turn off Xbox controller PC. As the Xbox controllers are compatible with PC and mobile devices, it means that you can use them on your device to play games. When you are done playing, you can just disconnect it from your device and turn it off so that you can play again with it later. To disconnect or turn off both the wired and wireless Xbox controllers are different on PC but are pretty simple as explained above.
We hope this article has helped you learn how to turn off Xbox controller on PC. We appreciate your valuable feedback after reading this guide. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.