With the new technologies and updates, everyone wishes to have the latest versions of everything. Our lives are made much easier each day with the growing tech developments. Owning a computer or a laptop is a basic requirement today. And Logitech keyboards are quite popular today because of their attractive designs and portable features. This article is all about how to work with Logitech keyboards and turn off Logitech keyboard number lock. Also, let’s learn why won’t your numbers work on your Logitech keyboard and how to keep Num Lock on permanently in the Logitech keyboard. So, this guide about how to turn off Num Lock on your keyboard will make you understand moving forward with the technology and the world of wireless devices.
How to Turn Off Logitech Keyboard Number Lock
Keep reading further to find the steps illustrating how to turn off Logitech keyboard number lock in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How Can You Turn Off Num Lock on Your Keyboard?
Let’s see how to turn off or turn on Num Lock on your keyboard:
- If your keyboard has the dedicated Num Lock button, you can press it to turn off or turn on Num Lock.
- However, if your keyboard shares the Num Lock function with another key, like with the Insert or F12 key, you can use the Fn key with the combination of that Num Lock key to turn off or on the Num Lock.
Keep reading to find more ways to turn off Logitech keyboard number lock key.
Why is Your Num Lock Turning Off?
If the Numlock key is turning off continuously, it can be because you must have restarted the device which has set the Num Lock off by default. If your account is logged in and active on a virtual machine, restarting the machine will turn off the Num Lock key by default. Logging back into the machine results in the Num Lock key being turned on only if it was set to switch on while the user profile was active.
Why Can’t You Type Numbers on Your Keyboard?
If the Num Lock key is disabled, the number keys on the right side of your keyboard will not work. Only if the Num Lock key is enabled can you type numbers from the right-hand side numerical keypad.
How Can You Turn On Num Lock on Your Keyboard?
You can turn on the Num Lock key on your keyboard using the Fn + NumLock/NumLk keys combination.
How Can You Know If NumLock is On?
To know if the Num Lock key is on or not, you can:
1. Press any number key from the right-hand side numerical pad.
2A. If the number is typed on the screen, the Num Lock is on.
2B. But if the cursor moves, the Num Lock is off.
How Can You Turn On NumLock Permanently?
There is no such way to keep the Num Lock on permanently. You can turn on Num Lock with the help of the following steps.
1. Press the Windows + R key combination on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit in the given field and hit Enter.
3. Navigate the following path in the Registry Editor:
4. Set the value of InitialKeyboardIndicators to 2 to turn on the Num Lock on your device.
Also Read: What is Home Button on a Keyboard?
How Can You Keep Num Lock on Permanently in Logitech Keyboard?
You really cannot keep Num Lock on permanently as after the restart of your PC or laptop, the Num Lock turns off by default. But you can follow the above-mentioned steps to keep the Num Lock on until the next reboot of your device.
How Can You Turn On Num Lock on Logitech?
Read below to learn how to turn on Num Lock on Logitech keyboard:
- You can turn on Num Lock on your Logitech keyboard by pressing the Num Lock key from the right-hand side, above the Numpad.
- If the Num Lock function is shared with another key, press the Fn + Num Lock key combination to turn it on.
How Can You Turn on NumLock on a Logitech Wireless Keyboard K580?
You can turn on the Num Lock on Logitech Wireless Keyboard K580 with the help of the Num Lock key present above the Numpad and besides the backspace key. By pressing this key, you can turn on the Num Lock on your device.
Note: Use the combination keys Fn + Num Lock if the Num Lock function is shared with another key.
Also Read: How to Turn On Moto E4 Notification Light
How Can You Turn Off Logitech Keyboard Number Lock?
To turn off the Logitech keyboard number lock, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
2. Then, type regedit and press the Enter key.
3. Next, navigate to the following path in the Registry Editor:
4. Set the value of InitialKeyboardIndicators to 0 to turn off the Num lock on your device.
Why Won’t Your Numbers Work on Your Logitech Keyboard?
Below are some of the reasons why the number keys don’t work on your Logitech keyboard:
- The number keys on the keyboard are damaged
- Disabled Num Lock key
- Outdated keyboard drivers
- How to Remove an Account from Mint
- How Can You Fix Nextbook Thermal Shutdown
- How Many Types of Keys on a Computer Keyboard
- How to Turn Off Windows 11 Camera and Microphone Using Keyboard Shortcut
We hope that you learned about how to turn off Logitech keyboard number lock and keep Num Lock on permanently in Logitech keyboard. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.