For people who are incapable of hearing, video subtitles are a crucial accessibility tool. But not everybody requires this feature. Furthermore, a lot of individuals find captions bothersome because they can stop them from watching certain parts of the video. Fortunately, TikTok made it simple to turn off the captions if you don’t need them. If you are someone looking to learn how to turn off captions on TikTok and how to turn on captions on TikTok, you are at the right place. Read more to find out how.
How to Turn Off Captions on TikTok
In April 2021, TikTok introduced a service that automatically inserts captions to videos, turning the voice in a video into text. But you may not need it for every video. Therefore, you must know how to get rid of them with just a few taps.
Are Captions Automatic on TikTok?
Yes. In order for a user to read the audio transcription, TikTok auto captions are subtitles that are automatically created and presented on a video. Auto captions enable people to read or listen to content, making your movies more inclusive and accessible. This is useful for users who watch videos with the sound off as well as those who are hard of hearing or deaf. Continue reading to know how to turn on or turn off subtitles. During content creation, creators can enable this option and even tweak the captions for accuracy before releasing them. Additionally, viewers can choose whether or not to view subtitles. Let’s discuss how to configure this feature in both scenarios.
How to Turn Off Subtitles on TikTok?
One question that comes to everyone’s mind is how to turn on captions on TikTok or how to turn them off. On most videos on TikTok, captions are automatically produced. With the creator’s on-screen text, this won’t function. Auto-generated captions can turn out to be wrong, which makes them less informative and more distracting. You can turn off Subtitles or the video’s captions if this is the case.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom panel.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Then, tap on Settings and privacy.
5. Swipe down and tap on Accessibility.
6. From here, turn off the toggle for the Always show auto-generated captions option.
Also Read: How to Edit Text on TikTok
How Do I Turn on TikTok Subtitles?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to learn how to turn on/off TikTok subtitles.
Can You Turn on Captions on TikTok After Posting?
No. After a TikTok video is posted, no button enables you to alter the caption. Fortunately, it doesn’t imply that you have no options. You can edit the caption by removing the TikTok video and uploading it to your profile. Once a video has been posted, only its description can be changed, and you cannot turn on TikTok subtitles later on. The good thing is that you won’t have to start working on the TikTok video from scratch to alter the caption or add music or filters, for example. The unfortunate news is that you will lose all of the video’s ratings and statistics. Additionally, the video you re-upload will be inferior in quality and will include a logo and username. Follow the steps mentioned above to learn how to turn off captions on TikTok.
How Do I Get Auto Caption on TikTok?
TikTok’s caption feature is one way it is more inclusive. TikTok is made more user-friendly by adding captions, especially for those who have hearing problems. Additionally, people occasionally find themselves in circumstances when they would rather read a transcript of a video than listen to the audio. Follow the below steps to get auto captions.
1. Launch TikTok and tap on the Profile tab from the bottom right corner.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon > Settings and privacy.
3. Tap on Accessibility.
4. Turn on the toggle for the Always show auto-generated captions option.
Also Read: How to Use Text to Speech on TikTok
How Do You Get Talking Captions on TikTok?
Now that you know how to turn off captions on TikTok, let us move forward. In order to add text-to-speech of your own to your TikTok video, simply follow these simple instructions:
1. Open the TikTok app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Plus icon from the bottom bar.
3. Then, tap on the Record button and record the video.
4. Once done recording, tap on the Text option at the top right corner of the screen.
5. Type in your desired text and tap on Done.
6. Tap on the text that you’ve added.
7. From the options, tap on Text-to-speech. You will hear the text with the help of this feature.
Note: If you wish to add a voice to all of the text bubbles you’ve made in this video, select Apply voice to all text in this video. It’s quite easy to do; just double-check your captions, pick the voice you like best, and you’re done.
How Do You Add Captions on TikTok?
During the content creation process, creators can enable this function and, before posting, adjust the captions for accuracy. Subtitles can also be turned on or off by viewers.
Note: Any audio in the video will be automatically transcribed by TikTok. Try your best to upload videos with crystal-clear voice and as little background noise as you can if you want to lessen the amount of text you’ll need to edit.
1. On the right side of the TikTok editing screen, when uploading your video, tap the Captions option.
2. Check the accuracy of your caption after TikTok has generated it. The auto-generated subtitles can be edited by tapping on the Pencil icon.
3. When you’ve finished editing, tap Save, and your captions will be ready to show.
Why Can’t I Turn Captions on TikTok?
There can be many reasons why you are unable to turn captions on TikTok such as:
- TikTok is facing server downtime.
- You need to update TikTok app.
- You need to restart your smartphone.
- Your device is full of cache files.
- Your Android smartphone contains malware.
The solution to the problem might be to first turn off captions and then turn them back on. On TikTok, go to Settings & Privacy > Accessibility and enable the auto caption feature. Turn on the Always display captions created automatically setting.
Why did My Captions Disappear on TikTok?
It appears like the TikTok app is facing server downtime or you need to update the outdated app.
- How to Check Home Depot Card Balance
- How to Turn On or Off NSFW on Reddit
- How to Trim Sound on TikTok
- How to Add Subtitles to a Movie Permanently
We hope that you learned about how to turn off captions on TikTok. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.